Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2010, 09:26   #91
Senior - BHPian

@yajaman - it is glad to hear the good work done by a Ford dealer/workshop on a sunday!
Some people are still apprehensive about Ford Service - your expereince will give them confidence (those who are still worrying about Ford A.S.S)

Also it is good to know about the Squeak sound and how it happening. Next time if some fiesta come up with same sound, it is easy for them to check up and sort out the issue.
Old 21st June 2010, 14:49   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
hi yajaman, valuable reviews there on your thread. so is the central lock not solvable at all? also did you solve the wiper thingy?
@GeekSrik - the wiper thingy is still there, however i have not been using the washer liquid just wiper. It is slight better but i am not too happy.
My next plan is to change the wipers and give it a test.
As for the central lock, it works. the iusse unless careful a child or may pull on it and can open the door. The only way is to have different lock system designed by Ford, ie a handle to open with a seperate lock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@yajaman

Even I had a the same issue which I had highlighted in the second service and was resolved immediately. No more squeaks heard since then.
I think this hand brake cable issue is getting more common, other Fiestaians can take neccessary precautions.
Did Metro Ford tell you the reason for the cable not having enough greasing? My dealer told me that the cable had actually moved out from its supporting slot and hence the squeak.
@gdodlur - The Ford personel did not mention the root cause of the cable loosing the lubrication. I will check with them again as planning to head there to check the accessories guy for the 2Din Face plate. (thinking of ICEing the Fiesta)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
@yajaman - it is glad to hear the good work done by a Ford dealer/workshop on a sunday!
Some people are still apprehensive about Ford Service - your expereince will give them confidence (those who are still worrying about Ford A.S.S)

Also it is good to know about the Squeak sound and how it happening. Next time if some fiesta come up with same sound, it is easy for them to check up and sort out the issue.
@nairrk - Once i check with them again i will post an update.

Go Fida
Old 9th August 2010, 20:23   #93
BHPian

Odo @ 10000km

The Car has completed 10000KM last week. The insurance is due , need to shop around.
GO Fida
Attached Thumbnails
The Ford Fiesta 1.6Zxi Booked & Delivered-img131.jpg  

Old 10th August 2010, 09:33   #94
Senior - BHPian

wah, good going FIDA.
I too have recieved a renewal notice from Bajaj Allianz as my insurance premium will be due next month. But they have not mentioned the premium amount in the notice.
Not yet decided whether to go with them or change to National Insurance?
Old 16th August 2010, 08:44   #95
Senior - BHPian

@Yajaman,

Congrats on reaching the 10K on the odo. Mine is due to be reached in another say 22 days time approx. Is there any reason for going Insurance shopping, I mean not happy with the present insurer?

I was surprised to see 130 on the DTE at the needle position, I normally get aroound 200-225 at that needle position.
Old 16th August 2010, 15:09   #96
BHPian

@ghodlur - Thanks, the car came with Baja Allianz , i had previously used Tata AIG for my Indica and wanted to see if they offer a btter deal.
I did go for Tata AIG at Rs 16,992/- (what they call bumber to bumber, including plastics and glass).

As for the DTE, i get roughly around 10 to 10.5 kmpl as FE. What i noticed is each 1/4 section gets me 100km or so.
Must be my driving style

Most Viewed