Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2009, 11:44   #31
Senior - BHPian

A very passionate writeup. Congrats buddy.
Take care of the car and it will serve you as long as you wish for.

Do write more about living with the beast on regular basis.

Cheers!
Old 11th September 2009, 14:16   #32
BHPian

I know I would be repeating the praises given by everyone here , but that was an awesome writeup about the beemer , man.

Keeping Beemer'ing

Makes you want to rush down to the BMW showroom and..atleast see it since buying it is a distant dream for a few of us.
Old 11th September 2009, 14:33   #33
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT SPAM the forum. One-liners that add absolutely no value to the thread are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to visit our board rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 14th September 2009 at 12:58.
Caramelo is offline   Received Infraction
Old 12th September 2009, 11:03   #34
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Smart decision! Congrats on buying a luxury car for a realistic amount. Considering that the cars of today easily extend to a 10 year / 2,00,000 kms life, I don't think I am buying a brand new car for a long time to come.
+1 to that. Somehow buying a new car (unless with super discounts or new launch etc) just doesnt seem sensible anymore. It seems like such a great choice. On a lighter note, incase of a fun to drive petrol car which is used very less, No Running In period!! Though in this case, I suppose the running in didnt matter being a diesel.
Old 13th September 2009, 10:59   #35
BHPian

@caramelo, princemanatt, sn1p3r, rp_312, evo

Thanks and yes, she is being driven just the way she ought to and I am happy to report that the mileage indicator has slipped further down to 9.4 kmpl

Alrite first big query, i suspect the pressure is down in the right-front tyre.

Do i and wait for the car to show an indication of low pressure or go ahead and fill it?

Do i follow the tyre pressure specifications written on the inside of the door panel or keep it just a little above/below?
Old 13th September 2009, 12:33   #36
BHPian

Fill her up to the Type specifications written inside on the door. The indicator will show only if the pressure is very low.
Old 13th September 2009, 12:55   #37
BHPian

Classic review Nitronium. Congratulations . For me , BMW = Dream Car = Enough said
Old 14th September 2009, 20:40   #38
BHPian

Driving a BMW is something, congratulations.
I am curious to know the distinct riding characteristics of the 3 series w.r.t its rivals, primarily the equivalent model(s) in the C class and the A4. The general impression is the C class is more subdued and more mainstream, with lower driving dynamics. The 3 series is a car for the driving enthusiast, with not too much thought given ( or required!) for a comfortable ride - the demographic profile of the respective drivers must be slightly different. The A4 is a blend of both the BMW and the Benz. Your thoughts? I would love to be in the happy position of being able to choose between these three, but it might never be...no matter. Congratulations and enjoy the driving.

Regards.
Old 14th September 2009, 21:34   #39
BHPian

The C might be 'subdued' and mainstream but it's a mean ride in it's C 220 CDI guise. 170 BHP turbo diesel with a 7G gearbox ( Avant version ). However the Avant version is more expensive than both the BMW and the A4. The Non Avant version atleast at the outset was woefully under equipped and still at par if not a bit more expensive than both the rivals. I went for the A4 because the Leg space and the equipment levels were better than the rivals specially the C and the more 'rich/special' feel inside and out. Specially interior wise, the A4 is light years ahead of the C. The C has a comfy ride but then comfort is restricted by limited leg space in the rear and i don't like the interiors much. But then again, it's a great car in diesel guise. The BMW is so special to drive because of its poise, steering feedback and handling. However the ride is harder and it is cramped. But the C does not lag behind in the 'fun to drive' department either. Just my POV. And experience. I was in love with the 3 till i met the A4
Old 14th September 2009, 22:49   #40
BHPian

The C class is a wonderful car to drive. The steering is lifeless and free wheeling at parking speeds, which is disappointing in a way, but incredibly useful in city traffic. Maneuvering the 3 through traffic has given me sizable lat muscles so to say. The C's steering firms up at higher speeds but not still not as 'chuckable' around the corners as the Beamer.

Redeff is in a better position to tell you about the A4, not having driving one myself.

You have a point in that the profile of the people buying these cars is very different. In our case, chauffeur driving is near zilch with my dad and i sharing (rather happily) driving duties. The C is likely to be bought by people with similar requirements but in addition:

1) The desire for a 3 star
2) The need for the rather cliched but obviously true ride comfort which is DEFINITELY evident in the way the C rides.

The A4 is taking our markets by storm, with Audi being a relatively new player on the Indian car scene. We'll need to wait a little longer to cement a consensus on the clientèle. Brilliant car, especially the new 3.0 ltr engine which they've plonked in. It's be crazy in a straight line and phenomenal around twisties with Quattro smooching the tarmac.
Old 15th September 2009, 02:50   #41
BHPian

Great review and CONGRATS on the new (for you) car.

I've been drooling over the pics you've taken and stayed up waaay past normal. The one thing better than a 3-series is if it has an M in front. Alas, not yet in India.

Enjoy the drives
Old 15th September 2009, 08:09   #42
BHPian

nice car and a good review. It would look even more aggressive with atleast 215 or 225 width tires.
Old 24th December 2009, 21:14   #43
Senior - BHPian

By the way, does your 3 have the corona rings on the headlamps? Or does one get those only with the xenons?
Old 24th December 2009, 22:12   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
By the way, does your 3 have the corona rings on the headlamps? Or does one get those only with the xenons?
All the 3 series, including the new 320d executive have corona rings. ( though the 320d executive has only halogen headlamps )
Old 24th December 2009, 22:14   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecclipse78 View Post
All the 3 series, including the new 320d executive have corona rings. ( though the 320d executive has only halogen headlamps )
Right, thanks for clearing that up dude. Without the corona rings, a BMW loses its charm IMO. Pointless.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks