Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2010, 14:10   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
BSI must be taken on or before the 1st service. It will cover everything including consumables like oil,brake pads,etc. But will NOT cover accidental damages.
BSI can be taken any time up to the end of warranty period. The only catch is: You do notget reimbursed for the paid repairs & maintenance carried out in the past. Also, teh period starts from the warranty start date. Example, if you are buying a 3 year BSI for a 23 Month old car then the package will expire at the end of 36 month from the warranty start date. Any repairs carried out between 0-23 months are not reimbursed on a retrospective basis.
Old 30th January 2010, 02:19   #62
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 30th January 2010 at 16:16.
vikram999 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 15th February 2010, 15:24   #63
BHPian

Wow!! Looks like you got a mega steal on this beauty. I'm a BMW 3 Series hardcore fan. I JUST love the car!
Old 10th March 2010, 00:37   #64
Team-BHP Support

any update on the ownership experience. curious to know if all the problems you were facing have been suitably sorted out.
Old 12th March 2010, 22:57   #65
BHPian

Oi forum!

Well a long awaited update.

Flyingspur, in response to your query, the car is now 3 years old.

Knowing the higher ups in the showroom/workshop certainly helps. We gave her in for an extended check up, an oil change later and a thorough inspection also, she's running smoother than ever. The happiness is back!!

The AC vent knobs falling off was symptomatic of usage of those attachable car fresheners. Still, we used the same in my old Honda city Gxi and never had problems. Why so with supposedly superiorly engineered/more expensive German cars?

We have to replace 3 out of 4 runflats, one had been replaced 3k kms earlier because of a leakage from the air nozzle.

The new tyres are reasonably priced, i must add. 14 grand a pop. Considering eqivalent tubeless ones are about 10 grand, we have no issues paying up.

Another commonly asked question on this thread is where the spare wheel goes. There is sufficient space under the boot floorboard.

Personally though, in a car that is capable of such mind-numbing speeds, I'd feel much safer knowing that a tyre blowout won't kill me. The extra cost of the runflats justifies itself in plenty. Plus, we never bought this car to chauffeur people around. It's about the Ultimate Driving Experience, and that's how it's being used

Mileage update: 6.7 kmpl

Last edited by Nitronium : 12th March 2010 at 23:03.
Old 13th March 2010, 00:22   #66
Senior - BHPian

6.5kpl is very low F.E!! Do you rev to the limits? AFAIK the 320D should return about 13-15kms to a litre (with sedate driving of course ). But with the 320D, i know it's difficult to be a sedate driver
Old 13th March 2010, 08:11   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
6.5kpl is very low F.E!! Do you rev to the limits? AFAIK the 320D should return about 13-15kms to a litre (with sedate driving of course ). But with the 320D, i know it's difficult to be a sedate driver
Its difficult to get more than 9kmpl from that car, unless you start practicing hypermiling techniques. Who want to do that with a Beemer?
Old 13th March 2010, 08:36   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Too early for me to say, but I doubt it'll ever see those kinda figures. An auto is an auto, after all. It's no DSG. And the power is really addictive. I'd say 9.5-odd is manageable though.
Old 13th March 2010, 11:00   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Its difficult to get more than 9kmpl from that car, unless you start practicing hypermiling techniques. Who want to do that with a Beemer?
Quite right chaps. Just when you're feeling all good about yourself for having driven the last 10kms or so calmly and sedately, a glorious piece of tarmac opens up, and inside you go " Oh no, oh well, OH YESS!" and mash that pedal into the floor.

Flyingspur, get used to this
Old 21st March 2010, 17:02   #70

Nitronium,
I asked this question to Flying spur and he in turn asked me direct it to you. the question is
Is the BMW Secure and BSI transferable to the second owner?
Old 22nd March 2010, 18:24   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAGAVADY View Post
Nitronium,
I asked this question to Flying spur and he in turn asked me direct it to you. the question is
Is the BMW Secure and BSI transferable to the second owner?
BSI is transferable. It is coded to the car and hence it remains with the chassis number no matter how many times the car is sold.

BMW Secure is attached to the Insurance Contract between Bajaj Allianz & the customer. If the insurance is void, so is the Secure.
Old 1st May 2010, 14:16   #72
BHPian

Sorry Bagavady, didn't see your query, but BeamerBoy has answered it for you.

Okay new problem.

A strange warning symbol appeared on my car's amber console. It looks like a sun with rays coming out, an exclamation symbol inside, and a little square hat on top. I checked the owners manual and it said there was some problem with the exterior lighting. All the bulbs seem to work. Has anyone encountered any problem like this?
Old 1st May 2010, 17:59   #73
Senior - BHPian

Something like this comes up when I leave my lights on by mistake and am exiting the vehicle, however I'm sure that isn't the reason why it's flashing at you. Service advisor would be the best to guide.

(Sorry, not of much help here )
Old 15th May 2010, 00:01   #74
BHPian

Hey Nitronium, very well written review. I am closing in to pick up the 320D CE and spending time searching for 320D in the search box on team-bhp and going thru each thread. Just read your entire thread and had two questions:
The first post suggests the iDrive was missing. Why was that? In 2007 there was iDrive in the 320D, right?

Secondly, the warranty doesn't stick to the second owner - I doubt that should happen. Are you sure about this clause?
Old 15th May 2010, 08:44   #75
Senior - BHPian

If I may.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode View Post
In 2007 there was iDrive in the 320D, right?
In 2007 there was no Highline, therefore no fully loaded diesel as such, only a 320d. All the features like xenons, sunroof, iDrive etc were introduced in the diesels with the Highline which came later.

Quote:
Secondly, the warranty doesn't stick to the second owner - I doubt that should happen. Are you sure about this clause?
It does !! Regular as well as BSI, because that's assigned to your chassis VIN.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks