Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2013, 09:25   #781
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Toyota Fortuner

Quote:
Well, it seems that toyota will increase the price in jan again as per latest news. If so then the dream will have to be thrown out and then concentrate only on seconds :(
Hi Roadjourno,

I agree and also the quantum jump hits the wallet too hard as the denomintor is of higher value

Further, the second hand market prices also go up accordingly(did I see somebody smiling wide!).

I am coming up on three months of ownership for my Fortuner and the price is already up by a lakh OTR from the time I have purchased it. Huh!!

Will I look over to the sedan's in that price range, never! Only a true blooded SUV for me!

Last edited by getsurya : 3rd December 2013 at 09:27.
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2013, 11:55   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Going by this thread the price of 4x4 mt on launch was 20.99lakhs and today http://www.toyotabharat.com/inen/forms/price_list.aspx
going by this link the current price is 23.99lakh.Both are ex-showroom delhi.
That's the 2012 Fortuner you are mentioning about.
The first Fortuner was launched in 2009 at 18.45 Lakhs Ex Showroom Delhi.
At that time they offered only 4x4 MT. Today the 4x4 MT costs 23.50 ex Showroom Delhi.
That's a neat 5 lakh up in 4 years.
Old 3rd December 2013, 12:05   #783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karpusv View Post
That's the 2012 Fortuner you are mentioning about. The first Fortuner was launched in 2009 at 18.45 Lakhs Ex Showroom Delhi. At that time they offered only 4x4 MT. Today the 4x4 MT costs 23.50 ex Showroom Delhi. That's a neat 5 lakh up in 4 years.
It will be wrong to compare the price with that of the 2009 model as the they have incorporated some changes in the 2012 model.
Even if you do compare the 2 do factor in the dollar prices,excise duty in 2009.
Old 3rd December 2013, 14:54   #784
Senior - BHPian

Aaah !
Such discussions about increase in the Fortuner's pricing brings a big cheesy grin on my face. Justified I can assure you.

When I bought Admiral, my Fortuner, in Feb 2011 the amount (OTR) I had to shell out was:
  • Base Ex Show Room - 2095520
  • Registration+Octroi - 201833
  • Insurance - 76494
  • Handling - 4500
  • Accessories
  • Cladding - 19427
  • Anti Rust - 6500
  • Front Grill Guard - 14918
  • Floor Mats Innova - 1053
  • Trunk Mat - 363
  • Total - 2420608
Today it costs 29.XX (OTR) for the 4X4 MT without the accessories.

Now believe the grin ?

Last edited by aah78 : 3rd December 2013 at 20:04. Reason: Text format tags removed.
Guderian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2013, 07:29   #785
BHPian

Got this quotation from dsk for 4*4 mt fortuner.

Name:  ForumRunner_20131216_071222.png
Views: 10496
Size:  720.6 KB

There are lot of discrepancies related to the taxation part for which i didn't get any suitable answer as usual.

E.g.
1. LBT Rate for vehicle according to PMC website is 4% coming to around rs. 93684.00/- whereas this guy is charging 109701.00/- . A straight difference of approximate 16000.00/-

2. Road tax is 13% on ex showroom price which comes out to be rs. 304342.00/-.
Whereas this is being charged to me as this ex showroom + lbt *13% = 318603.00/- plus some charges amounting to rs. 321554.00. The difference is straight out coming to approximate 17000.00/-

3. Then there is handling charges amounting to 6225.00/-

Rto tax is inclusive of service charges. Wow so much charges

Regarding LBT were told that only debit note will be given. ??

Can someone point if the calculations are correct ?

Thanks
RJ.
Old 16th December 2013, 09:43   #786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Total - 2420608

Today it costs 29.XX (OTR) for the 4X4 MT without the accessories.
Now believe the grin ?
And what about my grin? When I bought Falcon, my Fortuner, in Aug 2011 the amount (OTR) I had to shell out was:
  • Base Ex Show Room - 2034040
  • Registration - 50788
  • Toyota Insurance - 55248
  • Handling - 0
  • Accessories - 0
  • Floor Mats Innova - Free
  • VIP Number (5555) - 10000
  • Total - 2150046
Sorry, no My grin is bigger than your grin debates... but I think I can even sell it for more than that today seeing its done only 19K kms till now.

Last edited by dkaile : 16th December 2013 at 09:50.
Old 17th December 2013, 09:38   #787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
And what about my grin? When I bought Falcon, my Fortuner, in Aug 2011 the amount (OTR) I had to shell out was:
  • Base Ex Show Room - 2034040
  • Registration - 50788
  • Toyota Insurance - 55248
  • Handling - 0
  • Accessories - 0
  • Floor Mats Innova - Free
  • VIP Number (5555) - 10000
  • Total - 2150046
Hi dkaile,
What I can see from your figues is that no Octroi hasn't been paid so you may not be able to sell it outside (perhaps ?) your municipal limits I guess. The moment you do and try changing the ownership details possibly the Octroi charges and difference in registration charges may be applied.
I presume that'll level the amounts to some extent.
No, no it's not a 'you shouldn't grin more than my cheesy grin' rebuttal but a curious look at the rates.
Incidentally, yes that odo figure will of course work in Raptor's favour.
Old 17th December 2013, 09:48   #788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What I can see from your figues is that no Octroi hasn't been paid so you may not be able to sell it outside (perhaps ?) your municipal limits I guess. The moment you do and try changing the ownership details possibly the Octroi charges and difference in registration charges may be applied.
As far as I know, Octroi has been abolished in most of India except perhaps your home state of Maharashtra. I have no idea about the South but there is NO octroi in UP, Uttaranchal, Delhi, Punjab, Haryana or any of the Northern Indian states. Though road tax has since been hiked in most of our northern states also, but, that does not mean that I will not be able to sell my vehicle in my northern territories with any issue. In fact the hiked road will now go in favour of the Falcon's sale's, IF I opt to go for it and may in fact yield me more value than I paid. However, I am in no mood to do so.

Last edited by dkaile : 17th December 2013 at 09:50.
Old 17th December 2013, 09:55   #789
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi dkaile,
I presume that'll level the amounts to some extent.
Quote:
As far as I know, Octroi has been abolished in most of India except perhaps your home state of Maharashtra. I have no idea about the South but there is NO octroi in UP, Uttaranchal, Delhi, Punjab, Haryana or any of the Northern Indian states. Though road tax has since been hiked in most of our northern states also, but, that does not mean that I will not be able to sell my vehicle in my northern territories with any issue. In fact the hiked road will now go in favour of the Falcon's sale's, IF I opt to go for it and may in fact yield me more value than I paid. However, I am in no mood to do so.
Yes selling it is not an issue. None of the north states has any octroi and there is no targeted drive against out of state vehicles too. So you can easily sell of your car in Delhi/Punjab/Rajasthan/UP. Octroi is only applicable in Mumbai as far as I know. South states also don't have octroi but the state road taxes are atrociously high at places like Karnataka.

PS: Are you looking to sell it?
Old 17th December 2013, 09:58   #790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
PS: Are you looking to sell it?
I thought I had made that clear...
Quote:
However, I am in no mood to do so.
Old 17th December 2013, 14:12   #791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As far as I know, Octroi has been abolished in most of India except perhaps your home state of Maharashtra...
Quote:
Yes selling it is not an issue. None of the north states has any octroi and there is no targeted drive against out of state vehicles too...
OK...time then to start an agitation to introduce/reintroduce Octroi in all those states you have mentioned and in addition at a rate to make up for the lost income for the past several months/years. Wondering which party to contact ?

Anyway on another/related note - I have received calls from at least 3 TBHPians, who intend to purchase the Fortuner, asking whether Toyota is again going to increase the price of the Fortuner in January. I have no clue of the same - does anyone here have any information on that ? Or is it the usual rumour mongering linked to the likelihood a facelifted Fortuner coming out in 2014 and started and/or fanned by the dealers ?

Last edited by Guderian : 17th December 2013 at 14:16.
Old 17th December 2013, 14:54   #792
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Anyway on another/related note - I have received calls from at least 3 TBHPians, who intend to purchase the Fortuner, asking whether Toyota is again going to increase the price of the Fortuner in January. I have no clue of the same - does anyone here have any information on that ? Or is it the usual rumour mongering linked to the likelihood a facelifted Fortuner coming out in 2014 and started and/or fanned by the dealers ?
Well I do not have any concrete information but I did hear that Toyota & almost all other car makers are planning a price hike from January including Audi and BMW. The last price hike by Toyota was in september, 2013 and at that time they didn't touch the Fortuner and increased prices for all other offerings. So this time around one can expect a hike in Fortuner too, unless Toyota feels they would find it tough to sell it at the hiked price.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2013, 16:32   #793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well I do not have any concrete information but I did hear that Toyota & almost all other car makers are planning a price hike from January including Audi and BMW. The last price hike by Toyota was in september, 2013 and at that time they didn't touch the Fortuner and increased prices for all other offerings. So this time around one can expect a hike in Fortuner too, unless Toyota feels they would find it tough to sell it at the hiked price.
Thank you.
I guess the later is quite a possibility. But who knows they may increase the price and introduce the facelifted 2014 Fortuner at the same price with a threat to increase the price after 3 months of introduction.
Of course the news of any price increase of course gladdens the heart of existing owners though one feels sad for the prospective owners - unless of course the new price or product release comes with a quantum jump in the product features/offering.
Old 17th December 2013, 19:42   #794
BHPian

Quote:

Fortuner price was hiked by 27k on 1 st sep 2013. You can verify. I have the old and new price quotation to confirm this.
roadjourno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2013, 20:31   #795
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadjourno View Post

Fortuner price was hiked by 27k on 1 st sep 2013. You can verify. I have the old and new price quotation to confirm this.
Are you sure? May be that's the reason then. Because Toyota officially increased prices across its range citing weaker rupee on 21 or 22nd September and fortuner was left untouched.

Most Viewed