Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2005, 13:58   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Then how do the Xenons show up on the E, if it an SKD?
the E-class does not have Xenons,atleast not as standard.E-class has projector beam headlights,which look similar to Xenons.even the mondeo has similar lights but they were not xenons.Xenon is more of a light bulb tech than a reflector design.and E-class is a CKD.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 12th July 2005 at 14:06.
Old 12th July 2005, 15:13   #62
Senior - BHPian

GTO, we're still waiting for the details of the offer or a new topic on the problems with the car (whichever comes first). The way you were talking abt MB in the other thread and discouraging others from buying one made me think that you'd spit on every Merc you saw on the road...let alone buy one. So what did change your mind? The car looks damn good though. And, i too, thought that from one of the pics it looks like the rear brake disc is rusted.
Old 12th July 2005, 15:21   #63
Senior - BHPian

Hi GTO,

Congrats on your new buy. I too was surprised when I came to know that you had purchased a Merc again after going thro' all the problems with your other c class. is your old car still there or have you traded it with your new one? I am sure you will have gone thro' all angles before taking this decision of buying a new merc and I hope that you will have a better experience with this one and will enjoy your ride.

Cheers,
Old 12th July 2005, 17:41   #64
Senior - BHPian

though a little late but congratulations GTO

i just wanted to ask you a question
how do you find rear seat comfort?
Old 12th July 2005, 18:33   #65
Senior - BHPian

Mondeo (older) had Xenon projectors. So do all the Es I see at night. And I think I can tell an HID lamp from a regulare halogen one!
Old 12th July 2005, 19:42   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey V1p3r,
the New E Class does not come with Xenons. Not even Bi - Xenons.
They look like Xenons but def. are not Xenons.
GTO,
give us details.
Was the car free? Or you were offered a mouth watering deal?
Old 12th July 2005, 19:47   #67
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
How about some pics of the GSD3s, wanna see how they look on the Merc.

Quote:
Congralutations, GTO! Have you checked when was the car manufactured? Around Jan-Feb 05, MB diesel cars had issues with Fuel pump, which caused embarassing sales collapse, leading to sacking of key people. And after that, Quality has been prime agenda for MB over last few months. (Rightly reflecting in JD Power IQS rating). I hope, your car is of the newer lot.
Yes RX135, My build is after that period.

Quote:
Not to mention the "additional convenience feature" that your car has that most new C-classes dont..
The extra convenience feature that CLS speaks about is the mirrors automatically retracting when the car is locked. And vice versa.

Quote:
May be now you have to think thrice before you choose your ride for the day (MB, VTEC & Jeep).
Its the Merc for now. But have not started my Jeep in almost a week. I think I am going to be back to my 4x4 by the weekend.

Quote:
GTO, can you walk us thro the selection criteria. (I dont recall seeing it in What Car section). I mean, the C220 is a great car and has no real local competetion, but has been in production for about 5 years now
There was no selection criteria. As mentioned before, Auto Hangar and Daimler Chrysler more than made up for all the issues that I faced with my C180. @Deepakhon - My old car was taken back.

I am actually very comfortable with the C Class nearing the end of the current generation. Generally, all the issues are ironed out by the end of its production cycle.

Boy, cant wait to drive her back home in the evening.

GTO
Old 12th July 2005, 23:30   #68
Team-BHP Support

[quote=GTO]
The extra convenience feature that CLS speaks about is the mirrors automatically retracting when the car is locked. And vice versa.
[quote]

Observed the same feature on the Accord the other day... though it cannot be compared to a Merc, it does have a feature like that...

Another Extra convinience feature thing I observed was on the Lexus LS470 which I hopped into a night before the meet... the convinience is that the steering moves up automatically on switching off the ignition facilitating easier movements in and out of the car.. !!

Congrats on your new Benz GTO!
Old 13th July 2005, 00:15   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

The Accord has a button which folds the mirrors in and out when pressed. There is no such feature which automatically folds the mirrors in when locked, atleast thats how it is in my version of the accord.
Old 13th July 2005, 00:59   #70
BHPian

The E Class Appears to have a slightly HIDish effect if the lights are seen head on from an absolute 90 degree angle to the car, however I can confirm that no CKD E Class has factory fitted xenons though many people change the bulb (aftermarket) for the HID effect.
Old 13th July 2005, 01:02   #71
Senior - BHPian

Hmmmm...well then I guess it's the bulb change in the projectors. Had me fooled. Thanks for the info, CLS.
Old 13th July 2005, 10:09   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
The Accord has a button which folds the mirrors in and out when pressed. There is no such feature which automatically folds the mirrors in when locked, atleast thats how it is in my version of the accord.

same is the case with the crv .
there is an button just above the window buttons panel.
very useful feature i must say.
not present in the sonata

ps:gto, ur car looks damn hot in the tyre pic! must say u must be in love with it by now!

and by any chance could u give out the financial aspects of the car?
like how much did it cost? how much did thay take the old one back for? etc...

that is if u dont mind bro,
take care
Old 13th July 2005, 11:01   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ps:gto, ur car looks damn hot in the tyre pic! must say u must be in love with it by now!
belive me photos don't do justice to that car
Old 13th July 2005, 11:05   #74
Team-BHP Support

Auto folding mirrors are not the exclusive play thing of the 15 lakh+ cars only. The Optra and Corolla both have these.
Old 13th July 2005, 11:31   #75
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Auto folding mirrors are not the exclusive play thing of the 15 lakh+ cars only. The Optra and Corolla both have these.
Even my 1996 Esteem has these : Go over 60 km/h and the outside mirrors fold in automatically

I know, I know....A very poor PJ

GTO
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed