Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2009, 11:15   #1
BHPian

She's home....my emotional Linea in flamenco red color!

Friends

It's a pleasure to announce the arrival my Petrol Linea Emotion Pk in amazing F.Red color. I had promised that I'll start a new thread once I get my beauty and here I'm! I'm greatful to TBHP and esp. Linea owners who boosted my confidence to go for Linea.

My search for a sedan was not very different except that I landed at my finally chosen car by mistake! My most imp. criteria was comfort for rear-seat passengers since most of the times my parents and 2 daughters will be occupying that esp. for out of station trips. I had decided against all non-proven cars such as Lineas (rather FIAT), Fords etc. Skoda, Corolla were out of my bound anyway. So choice was down to ANHC, Aveo, Verna and SX4.

SX4 went out first as 2 of my cousins just bought that car and I didn't want to joing the band party. The raised rear of SX4 and a camel back hump on the rear seat anyway put me off. Aveo was high on radar mainly since I could get a HUGE discount thanks to bro-in-law working for GM. But again the rear seat disappointed me plus my exp. with GM cars in US was not that great. Was very keen on Verna as Hyundai had "wow"ed me with my darling Santro for last 6 years. But test drive car sent was some used old vehicle - dirty and clumsy. A complete turn-off for anyone looking at buying 7L+ car. Still visited the dealership to see fully loaded car but interiors and rear seat comfort was not per my expectations. So it was down to ANHC only now. Had already test-driven the car but called the guy again; checked if car fits into my parking lot etc. Everyone liked it although price was quite high on my pocket and was about to pay the booking amount. Called up the sales guy, he was out of station so asked me to wait for 3-4 days.

Had some free time so decided to go and check Ford Fiesta (still didn't think of Linea). Somehow remembered a car dealership in Pashan area of Pune and thought it was Ford showroom. So landed there just to see a Tata-Fiat dealership (B U Bhandari). Very reluctantly decided to just go inside and check price and car. There she was! Standing in med. grey color and looked GIANT esp. since the showroom ceiling was too low. (dealership exp. in a separate thread). A sales guy explained the car - was impressed with features but had already decided against the car as Pune roads are not suited for GIANTS. Stepped out and there was a demo Linea in silver color, somehow looked very elegant and not that GIANT now (effect of open space!). A 4.5 feet lady stepped out of car after a test drive and I was taken aback! if she can manage the car why can't me! So requested for a test drive and luckily got it immediately. Drove for about 15 min and was completely in love with it! That's when decided to comb the internet for reviews and feedback and stumbled across TBHP. Got hooked on to the site (and slowly on Linea). After following it for a month for at least 3-4 hours daily (3 failed membership attempts, 3 more test drives as per TBHP advices etc.) decided to go for Linea and paid the booking amount. Liked med. grey color but on the day of booking my wife saw F. Red Linea and I had to change my mind at the last moment! After waiting painfully for 3 weeks I got my prized possession on last Thursday

For last 3 days, most of my day-time was spent in the car checking out and learning about all those "wow" features. Already did about 200 km by now. I was especially cautious about the seat height adjust lever problem discussed in detail on TBHP. So far hasn't noticed any problem (touchwood!!!). Dealer has promised some free accessories incl. mats, mudflaps etc. but as always he's out of stock so hopefully by next weekend I'll start draping her. As suggested by "amolchaphalkar" on TBHP I visited CARAX - an ultimate car accessories showroom y'day for sun-films, seat covers etc. Again plan is to take her there on Sat and put on all the things.

Admiration guaranteed in true sense! in last 3 days I've numerous people oggling my car and same in office today!!

Photos and more on driving experience later....

Cheers!
Old 7th September 2009, 11:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats vineet_k21,

Welcome to Fiat Linea Club.
Enjoy and Drive Safe
Old 7th September 2009, 11:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! F.Red seems to be a popular color for her. Good choice. Happy reving.
Old 7th September 2009, 11:26   #4
Senior - BHPian

That made a good read. Congratulations on your new purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet_k21 View Post
After waiting painfully for 3 weeks
Why ? Was the dealer experience bad or the waiting period unbearable ?
Would request for the dealer exp later
Quote:
Photos and more on driving experience later....
Ohh yes, thats the best part. Congrats again and drive safe.
Old 7th September 2009, 11:37   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Why ? Was the dealer experience bad or the waiting period unbearable ?
Would request for the dealer exp later
Mainly as waiting for unbearable and was seeing so many people on TBHP talking about Linea; I didn't want to just be a reader!!!

Dealership experience was not that bad but there's tremendous scope for improvement esp. I myself have seen rush and curiosity for Linea and Punto there. Provided an honest feedback to the manager. Their processes are toooooooo slow! There's tendency to pass work to others and sales folks need to be searched for explanations etc. I'm banking on service reputation of BUB. Fingers crossed!
Old 7th September 2009, 12:10   #6
BHPian

Congrats Vineet !!! Welcome to the Linea Club !!! Your story is similar to mine !!!
Old 7th September 2009, 12:16   #7
BHPian

Congrats Vineet,
Please do post pics of ur beauty.

OT. Has Pune become so crowded?
Old 7th September 2009, 12:26   #8
BHPian

Heartiest Congratulations Vineet!!! Please post some photographs.
Old 7th September 2009, 12:29   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hi Vineet,

Congrats and welcome to Linea club on team bhp.
I think Fiat has solved out seat height problem in newer batches so dont worry.
Awaiting pics of the car, without pics review is incomplete.

Enjoy the admiration.
Old 7th September 2009, 12:50   #10
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Vineet, thatz a lovely car on favourite color!

Enjoy the Italian beauty!
Old 7th September 2009, 13:34   #11
BHPian

Welcome to the club of Lineans
Enjoi the beauty.
Old 7th September 2009, 14:02   #12
BHPian

It was a pleasant account of how you landed a LINEA. It appears FIAT want their customer to discover their car !!

Great buy and enjoy the drive and hope she serves you well !!
Old 7th September 2009, 14:13   #13
Senior - BHPian

congrats Vineet. Even I am getting impulsive about buying Linea day by day. I have set my eyes on Medium grey by early next year
Old 7th September 2009, 14:28   #14
Shivashara

Congrats Vineet, welcome to club "Lineans". Enjoy your beauty and show us to also a little bit.

Old 7th September 2009, 15:08   #15

Same story as of mine. I had booked Medium Grey first but the dealer was offering me 3 months old car(according to VIN number ) , so decided to go for 1 month old F. Red( equally liked as M. Grey).
Welcome to the world of Linea!! Vinnet the more time you will spend with this beauty the more you will like it. Happy Motoring!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks