Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2009, 13:40   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
5 of my friends have picked up a Getz Crdi in the last 15 days .
All 40 plus? :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
the story continues.....

July first week:

So we decide to cancel the getz booking and go for the i20 crdi. Mind you, the car was not even launched yet.!
===================
the story is not over... yet!!! :P
Hope you will take more inputs from KP or Peter

Last edited by Jaggu : 12th September 2009 at 22:11. Reason: Please avoid quoting an entire large post for short reply, Thanks
Old 8th September 2009, 14:14   #17
Senior - BHPian

KP seems taken over to hyundai salesmen from that point onwards, yes reading your first post there were thoughts of i20 itself as you said safety was priority.Congratulations on your new buy and awaiting to hear more onwards.
Old 8th September 2009, 14:21   #18
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
All 40 plus? :P
No man! Few in their 30's, few in their early 20's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker
KP seems taken over to hyundai salesmen from that point onwards
Looks like KP likes to keep his hobby of being a salesman for Hyundai/Yoko well hidden from all of us . JayD, don't let out such secrets man.
Old 8th September 2009, 15:56   #19
Senior - BHPian

A few weeks later, the i20 crdi is launched, and i must say, the price was about 30K more than i expected, we did a td, liked the car and decided to go ahead with the purchase. The expected delivery time was 3-4 weeks. After a few days, we again had a change of mind! dad always wanted white, and we finally decided to change the colour option to white. And while doing that, we upgraded our model preference to the asta option pack which came with 6 airbags and a sunroof. the price difference was only about 36k, so we decided to go for it. The car was supposed to be delivered on august 17, which is the start of the auspicious 'chingam' month in kerala, but it eventually got delayed to 24th of August.

the delivery process went on smoothly, and by around 4:30, the car was delivered to us. There were no offers on the car, but we got basic accessories like floormats and mud flaps free. Thus ended my hunt for a new hatch.

I call Him(its definitely male! ) the 'Roadrunner', after one of my all time favourite cars, the 1971 plymouth roadrunner......Beep beep!

Last edited by JayD : 8th September 2009 at 16:00.
Old 8th September 2009, 16:18   #20
BHPian

Nice writeup , now post some pics , let us also drool
Old 8th September 2009, 16:30   #21
BHPian

Congrants on your new partner. But Hyundai has made a mistake of discontuning GETZ Crdi. Why cannot they learnt a lesson or two from maruthi who has mastered the art of selling old models along with new ones. The Getz had a cracker of diesel engine. Was priced right. Maybe with better features at the same price and marketing, it could have sold like hot cakes. And please photographs of your new bride.
Old 8th September 2009, 17:16   #22
Senior - BHPian

jayd congratulations pal, welcome to the world of the common rails. Wishing you many more miles of happy motoring.

PS : Please dont get infected by the JK Syndrome (pun intended) .
Old 8th September 2009, 18:25   #23
BHPian

Congrats on your Roadrunner
That was a really nice write-up. Now do follow it up with a equally nice album.
Old 8th September 2009, 18:52   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
Congrants on your new partner. But Hyundai has made a mistake of discontuning GETZ Crdi. Why cannot they learnt a lesson or two from maruthi who has mastered the art of selling old models along with new ones. The Getz had a cracker of diesel engine. Was priced right. Maybe with better features at the same price and marketing, it could have sold like hot cakes. And please photographs of your new bride.
I agree, stopping the getz is a bad move. its a very capable hatch, and if it were not for the initial pricing blunders, it would've become one very popular hatch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
jayd congratulations pal, welcome to the world of the common rails. Wishing you many more miles of happy motoring.

PS : Please dont get infected by the JK Syndrome (pun intended) .
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040 View Post
Congrats on your Roadrunner
That was a really nice write-up. Now do follow it up with a equally nice album.
Thanks guys! Attaching some pix of the Roadrunner. They are not too great, taken with my phone cam. Detailed pix will follow.

@Rj, Don't worry, Jk syndrome stays limited to TVM!
Attached Thumbnails
My Roadrunner is here!! i20 CRDi Asta(O) EDIT: 20,000kms Update-2408200911921.jpg  

My Roadrunner is here!! i20 CRDi Asta(O) EDIT: 20,000kms Update-240820091189.jpg  

My Roadrunner is here!! i20 CRDi Asta(O) EDIT: 20,000kms Update-030920091246.jpg  

My Roadrunner is here!! i20 CRDi Asta(O) EDIT: 20,000kms Update-010920091230.jpg  

Last edited by JayD : 8th September 2009 at 19:01.
Old 8th September 2009, 19:12   #25
Senior - BHPian

Jayz cudn't resist which area in Cochin is this ? Does the i20 CRDI also come with the accelere' s?

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 8th September 2009 at 19:14.
Old 8th September 2009, 19:34   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Jayz cudn't resist which area in Cochin is this ? Does the i20 CRDI also come with the accelere' s?
The main pix are taken at my house!! Its near Vyttila.
Yep! the i20 comes with aceleres. 185/65/R14.
Btw, I'm JayD, jayz is another member from cochin.

Last edited by JayD : 8th September 2009 at 19:42.
Old 8th September 2009, 19:40   #27
rippergeo

Congrats

Are you sure this car is real? The last time we saw a car on your driveway on this forum, it was a photoshopped palio GTX

What saar? You took me along to hyundai twice with this Getz/i20 ringmarole and still have not shown me,cochin's resident diselhead, your new diesel. Enna Koduma saar ithu?

Old 8th September 2009, 19:45   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
Are you sure this car is real? The last time we saw a car on your driveway on this forum, it was a photoshopped palio GTX

What saar? You took me along to hyundai twice with this Getz/i20 ringmarole and still have not shown me,cochin's resident diselhead, your new diesel. Enna Koduma saar ithu?

He he! this one is for real! I called you several times but you were not in town right. Next time for sure! Time for another D R I V E??

Btw, i had typed it out in my original post, but lost it when the browser crashed.
I express my sincere thanks to Rippergeo( for bearing my countless questions and accompanyin me to the dealer, and staring at 2 cars for hours), Kpzen( for giving me info about the i20, and keeping me updated on td's etc etc), hydrashock( for repeated ICE requests and what not!!), and my apologies to several people to whom i was supposed to show tha car to, but couldn't. Am stuck in coimby, wil be back to cochin by the weekend. How about another meet?

Last edited by Dippy : 15th March 2010 at 13:51. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 8th September 2009, 19:55   #29
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
He he! this one is for real! I called you several times but you were not in town right. Next time for sure! Time for another D R I V E??
Finish the damn running in
Then we'll get nikki's exedy clutch and off we gooooo!

Old 8th September 2009, 19:55   #30
BHPian

Congrats on the i20. And you've got a beautiful home by the backwaters. Do you stay near Toc-H by any chance? I was a student there long back

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks