Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2009, 13:44   #1
BHPian

My new Tata Indica Vista Safire Aura

Hi all,

I have finally taken delivery of my new Indica Vista Safire Aura on 3 Sep 09. Color of my Car is cavern Grey. I had instantly fallen in love with this car after seeing it in show room just for its space and features. I was previously driving an Alto Vx, and found Vista to be very spacious from Inside. After test drive of the car i had booked the car in August.

Initially i was worried a lot after reading reviews of many people here that this car is not going to give me a FE of more than 9-10 KMPL in city and 12-13 on highways, but all those doubts of mine have been put to rest now because it is more to do with the driving habit or conditions of those people or may be they were just writing anything.

I took the delivery of vehicle from ASPI Cars Ahmadabad and drove the vehicle all the way from Ahmadabad to Mumbai on 4th Sep. Being Run in period of the car i never crossed speed limit of 75 KMPH and AC was switched on for 40% time. In this condition i got a FE of about 18 Km/Ltr.

Along with me two of my friends also took delivery of same car, and they also got FE of more than 16 KMPL on highway. I feel being new drivers, for them that much difference in FE is acceptable.

My car is purchased through CSD, show OTR price is not applicable to everyone thats why i am not mentioning here.I have got additional Art leather seat covers fitted from Opera House Mumbai for 2100/-

Feel of the car was very good whiling driving on the Highway, specially having driven Alto for more than 4-5 years. Seating in the car is also very comfortable,specially for real seat passengers.

I will be using the car in Mumbai and sometime for travelling between Mumbai and Pune, i will update further on FE of the car and driving comfort in City traffic.

Regards
RP
Old 8th September 2009, 14:01   #2

Let me be one of the firsts to congratulate you!

Where are the pics mate?
As you may be aware, I have also booked this car but have not taken delivery yet as I was waiting for a later model. Even I felt that the 'feel' (space+comfort) of the vehicle inside was great after taking a test drive. As per me, it is an excellent VFM product and if someone is okay with owning a TATA brand, Vista is a very good option.

Enjoy your car and keeping posting updates!
Old 8th September 2009, 14:34   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats smartrisk,
Very nice choice of car.
If anyone need for a space in hatchback.Then there's no other option except Vista.
I had a TD and the car is very spacious and looks good too.
The only issue is the pathetic plastic and fiitings.
Enjoy and Drive Safe
Old 8th September 2009, 14:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations, ram. Please post a few pics of your baby.
Could you please tell us more about the driving experience of the Safire. There were apprehensions on the forum that it could be underpowered. Is the lack of power prominent?
Also please keep this thread alive with updates.
Old 8th September 2009, 15:01   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ram,
Congratulations for your new Vista.
I had also TDed the vista when I went to check the Indigo CS. I finally settled for an Ikon. But I loved the new dash layout of the Vista and space inside is anyways good in it's class. Enjoy your new car and have fun with it.cheers!!!
Old 8th September 2009, 17:27   #6
BHPian

Congrats! 18KM /L of Petrol is a great figure. do update your FE after the run-in period and the first service too. Also add pictures.
Old 8th September 2009, 17:42   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new buy ram. How does it feel to drive after the alto VX?? the VX was one fast hatch! pls post some pix of your new buy too.
Old 8th September 2009, 17:50   #8
BHPian

18 KMPL figure is truly unbelievable. I get these kind of figures from my diesel Vista. Any way Congratulations & take good care of her. The best thing about this car is the kind of space that you get in the back seat. It actually feels like you are sitting inside a sedan & not a hatchback.
Old 8th September 2009, 18:31   #9
BHPian

We have one of our Team-BHP member achieved 22.0 kms /per litre from his linea Petrol . He has also uploaded the pictures of the same. so i think 18.0 on a 1.2 saffire engine is pretty much achievable.

@ Rammishra

The calculation was based on tank to tank full method ? or some other method

Last edited by driving_smartly : 8th September 2009 at 18:36. Reason: Wanted to ask method for calulations instead of posting new message edited the same message
Old 8th September 2009, 18:37   #10
BHPian

Welcome to the Vista Club!!!!
Old 8th September 2009, 22:24   #11
BHPian

Hi smartly,

Ofcourse my FE calculation was based on tank Full method. I filled up the tank after taking the delivery of vehicle at ahmadabad, and then i started my journey from ahmadabad to mumbai. I filled up the tank again after driving for about 400 Kms.

thanks everyone for well wishes. Regarding pictures of the car, i will surely post them by this weekend.

Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
We have one of our Team-BHP member achieved 22.0 kms /per litre from his linea Petrol . He has also uploaded the pictures of the same. so i think 18.0 on a 1.2 saffire engine is pretty much achievable.

@ Rammishra

The calculation was based on tank to tank full method ? or some other method
Old 8th September 2009, 22:33   #12
BHPian

Hi Jayd,

Well i agree that Alto Vx was fast hatch. I was actually planning to buy a Wagon -R but i found wagon-R LXI Duo was having less features than my ALto Vx. And during test drive of wagon-R i hardly felt that i was driving a different Car since it had same engine as Alto Vx.Also i found black interiors of wagon R very boring.

Thats when someone suggested me to have a look at Indica Vista, since i was looking for spacious hatchback. I would agree that manuverability of Alto was better compared to Vista, but then when i drove Vista, i felt that i was really driving some big Car. But main reason for choosing Vista was space and features, i was never bothered by Tata or Indica tag attached to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Congrats on the new buy ram. How does it feel to drive after the alto VX?? the VX was one fast hatch! pls post some pix of your new buy too.
Old 8th September 2009, 22:49   #13
BHPian

Hi safari Lover,

Driving experience was great on Highway. No issues with AC as mentioned by many people on the forum that AC was a problem in Vista. But one thing i noticed and would like to take the opinion of other vista users is that i could here Thud sound when car came across a few big Pot holes on the highway.is that normal?

lack of power is not very prominent, but sometime with AC on you can feel it. But for a moderate driver like me its not an issue.

Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Congratulations, ram. Please post a few pics of your baby.
Could you please tell us more about the driving experience of the Safire. There were apprehensions on the forum that it could be underpowered. Is the lack of power prominent?
Also please keep this thread alive with updates.
Old 8th September 2009, 23:29   #14

Congrats for your new ride!
In past I have owned TATA Indica Petrol MPFI, Indigo Petrol . Currently I have Indigo XL Petrol. All the models have been pretty reliable and have done numerous highway runs without any breakdown.
Happy miles munching!
Old 9th September 2009, 11:39   #15
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the grey bug. Please do post pics.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks