Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2009, 12:47   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samirsarkar View Post
I shall be getting delivery of a Ritz Zxi next week. Can you please let me know if I should fill in regular or premium petrol ??
Samir,

Congrats on your buy. Let us know your driving impressions when you get the car. Go in for the regular petrol.

Nikhil
Old 29th September 2009, 03:44   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Congrats Thambian on the buy. Ritz is a very good buy.

The mileage you have reported is low IMHO. Regarding the rattles, I own a Zxi (though done close to 1000 kms) and there are no rattles as yet. Get this fixed from the service center.

And no post is complete without pictures. Pictures please.

Happy driving.

Nikhil
congratulations.

i wanna say that even if the roads are slanted. then also you should check the car for alignment at the dealers. they removed the steering column maybe that's the reason for it.

see this is the reason for no rattles. the ZXI version has the stock audio system. and thats why people dont change anything. so no rattling. these ICE installers are to be blamed. they always do the job in such a hurry. its bound to be loose somewhere and it just rattles.
Old 30th September 2009, 15:23   #18
BHPian

I have given the car at the service center. It seems its a problem with the suspension. (Metal Bushings or no lubrication in the swing arm).

The B pillar rattling is because its clip on plastic with no screws and also may be due to the seat belt mechanisms inside.

I have told the service people to deliver it only after fixing everything.

Alignment & problem with engaging reverse gear also mentioned.

Will update as soon as i get it delivered.
Old 1st October 2009, 14:22   #19
BHPian

I got it serviced for noise reduction. It was done free of cost. Most of the noise present before are gone. There is still a small "tak" noise sometimes from the back, when braking or shaking the car with hand. Can somebody help what this could be. Looks like suspension again according to me.

But since almost all previously present rattles are gone I can hear new sounds like some noise from things in glove box, ornaments on dash board etc. May be because suddenly car has become super silent.
Old 28th November 2009, 22:17   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thamban View Post
I got it serviced for noise reduction. It was done free of cost. Most of the noise present before are gone. There is still a small "tak" noise sometimes from the back, when braking or shaking the car with hand. Can somebody help what this could be. Looks like suspension again according to me.

But since almost all previously present rattles are gone I can hear new sounds like some noise from things in glove box, ornaments on dash board etc. May be because suddenly car has become super silent.
Hi Dude,
YOur tak noise may be sometimes due to the things in the boot.I too had like that finally the culprit was a water bottle 2 ltrs rolling at the time of break.Chek the things in the boot/dicky it will dis appear.
Old 29th November 2009, 00:36   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Hi Dude,
YOur tak noise may be sometimes due to the things in the boot.I too had like that finally the culprit was a water bottle 2 ltrs rolling at the time of break.Chek the things in the boot/dicky it will dis appear.
I had send a bad feedback to Maruti. So the dealer called me for fixing the rattle. This time they have overhauled the suspension and all rattles gone. Now its almost a month and no sign of new rattling yet. It seems most cars have the suspension issue at the rear.

Then I was given a strange advice to go for extended warranty since many Maruti's driven in city alone is developing gearbox problems. It was news to me. Any way I had already taken 2+2 year warranty.
Old 29th November 2009, 13:11   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hi Thamban,
I got the extended warranty for one year only.4th year EW is not that much worthy because who nose we might dispose our car in the third year.So the warranty is not a great offer.It is my opinion.They themselves tell something and extract some money from us.
Old 1st December 2009, 14:54   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy. Love the seat covers looks like VFM. But you need to upgrade HU from Sony to some other, which sounds crap with JBL's. Doesn't do justice to the ICE.

would like upgrading the tires. Will improve the ride. Try to source a spoiler to it. It looks really good for Ritz.
Old 10th December 2009, 18:55   #24

Hi I am new to team BHP. I also own a ritz Vxi and has done 1500 kms. I also face the rattling issue from B-pillar..in first service they fixed the problem in driver side but still there are rattles from passenger side. The service guys told me it is due to some welded panel vibrating inside b-pillars.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by v12 : 10th December 2009 at 20:53.
Old 10th December 2009, 19:50   #25
Senior - BHPian

Hi Friend,

If you find the source of spoiler for Ritz,please let me be informed. I am also looking for one spoiler.
Old 15th January 2010, 17:24   #26
BHPian

Second Service Update

The dealership called me up as it was time for second service. Car had 3600 kms on odo.

I was told the car will be ready in 4 hrs so I preferred to wait. They didnt want me to change the oil since its due only for 10k kms but on my insistence they changed the oil.

Bill came to around Rs. 2500

The car doesn't seem to be different from the one I had given for service, but I feel the mileage is sightly improving. Now I am getting 13.5 km/l with 100% city driving.

I am slightly unhappy because of the following reasons.
1. The plastics rattle. May be I drive over rough roads mostly.
2. I have done blower cleaning twice because of noise from blower. This noise comes if i switch to outside air "ON". Yesterday I did it accidentally and noise has started. I cant understand why blower has to make noise. How can such big particles get into blower through the filter. Next time I go to fix it I am going to see what they actually do and how the filter is.
I am even thinking of putting some cloth (as filter) on the existing filter to enhance filtering.. If at all there is some filter.
Old 15th January 2010, 17:54   #27
BHPian

Your mileage is good in City. To check the actual mileage, you need to fill up the tank to neck, shake the car and then fill more. Go for a long drive about 50KM - 100 Km, then re-fill the tank. This is the actual mileage. Normally, there will be lots of parking issue in the city. Hence the mileage we get is not an actual mileage.
Old 15th January 2010, 18:37   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnaik View Post
To check the actual mileage, you need to fill up the tank to neck, shake the car and then fill more.
I think filling the fuel tank till the cut off point of the dispenser should suffice. Shaking the car & over filling is not recommended.
Old 12th March 2010, 14:07   #29
SCH
BHPian

Most of the Ritz owners have complained about body rattles from B- pillars. Seems maruti is not improving the build quality, its a pity with such a good engine the qulaity is letting them down.
Old 12th March 2010, 14:33   #30
BHPian

Hi, joined T-bhp last week and bought Ritz 10 days ago.
Ritz Vxi (Fire Brick Red) - No Probs till now. Enjoying the drive.

Will post about mileage soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks