Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2009, 22:27   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Ye dil mangey more, vasanth. Bossa Nova white is on my shortlist, so please do load up more pics.
Here you go....

I got the delivery from the dealer today around 1 PM. I am attaching some pics taken during the delivery.

As I need to catch flight to Pune early morning, I will compile the delivery process in a separate post.

Regds
Vasanth

Linea Emotion+ MJD 2009(21/09 Delivered)
Indica DLG 2005 Silver(Sold)
Maruti Omni 1995(Sold 2009)
Pulsar 150cc 2003
Attached Thumbnails
Linea Diesel Test Drive and Booking experience-img00056_1.jpg  

Linea Diesel Test Drive and Booking experience-img00063_1.jpg  

Old 22nd September 2009, 09:29   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy Vasanth.Need more pics.
How abt adding sunfilm,seat covers etc?
Old 22nd September 2009, 10:42   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Congrats on the buy Vasanth.Need more pics.
How abt adding sunfilm,seat covers etc?
Thanks for your wishes.
Sunfilm and seat covers are in the plan, but not immediately.

Regds
Vasanth
Linea Emotion+ MJD 2009(21/09 Delivered)
Indica DLG 2005 Silver(Sold)
Maruti Omni 1995(Sold 2009)
Pulsar 150cc 2003
Old 29th September 2009, 23:37   #19
BHPian

Low GC menance

Hi all,

After the delivery, I have driven around 150 kms(odo is 196)and the current average shown on the 10.1 km/lit. Hope this will increase more as the kms keep rolling.

I like all the things on the car except the GC. I have managed to scrape all the speed breakers no matter what height :( Hopefully I learn the art of avoiding the scraping with my car.

Does any lineans managed to learn the art of driving over speed breakers(in bangalore)?
Old 30th September 2009, 10:34   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodivasanth View Post
Hi all,

After the delivery, I have driven around 150 kms(odo is 196)and the current average shown on the 10.1 km/lit. Hope this will increase more as the kms keep rolling.

I like all the things on the car except the GC. I have managed to scrape all the speed breakers no matter what height :( Hopefully I learn the art of avoiding the scraping with my car.

Does any lineans managed to learn the art of driving over speed breakers(in bangalore)?
Vasanth, Congrats on the purchase of Linea. I was always a big fan of RED linea and your car's pics made me a huge fan of white too. For the problem of going over the speed breakers, I usually get on the humps and then slot 1st gear and ride away. I almost stop the car once the front tyres cross the speed breakers - by the way i drive a swift D and I believe swift has a better GC. Anyway you can try this method and check whether its still scraping the underbody.
Old 30th September 2009, 10:39   #21
BANNED

Vasanth

No art of driving for low GC but only a universal simple thing.

On a steep speed braker, cross-over it with criss-cross position i.e. left wheel goes on speed braker first while right wheel is still below it. Before Left wheel climbs over & goes down, the right wheel should start climbing up. When left wheel goes down fully, right wheel should still be on the speed braker. The same holds for potholed road with big stones scattered. The key is to keep atleast 1 wheel on the height (not to allow both wheels to go into the pothole or decline together).
Old 30th September 2009, 11:36   #22
BHPian

I see quite a lot of Lineas nowadays, the sales is definitely picking up.
Congrats on your new buy!!
Old 2nd October 2009, 17:54   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
I see quite a lot of Lineas nowadays, the sales is definitely picking up.
Congrats on your new buy!!
Thanks CliffHanger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Vasanth
No art of driving for low GC but only a universal simple thing.
Have driven around 350 odd kms in the couple of days. I have learnt a little bit on how "Not to scrape the linea's bottom". I got a couple of advice from the CRM of Prerana motors. He adviced me to limit the speed to below 10 KMPH when going over speed breakers. This does work most of the times but not all the times. May be over a period of time, it should get better.

I have another query. The brake pedal is very soft and on repeated pumping of the pedal, I hear a sound like bssk bssk. Is this normal?
Old 3rd October 2009, 14:25   #24
UKR
BHPian

Quote:
I have another query. The brake pedal is very soft and on repeated pumping of the pedal, I hear a sound like bssk bssk. Is this normal?
Hi buddy, congrats on your purchase! My Linea also makes this sound on repeated pumping of the pedal. I guess its normal and nothing to worry about. If senior Lineans could kindly confirm .
Old 3rd October 2009, 18:29   #25
BHPian

Confirmed the issue from CRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKR View Post
Hi buddy, congrats on your purchase! My Linea also makes this sound on repeated pumping of the pedal. I guess its normal and nothing to worry about. If senior Lineans could kindly confirm .
I called up the CRM of the Prerana service center on the hosur road, he confirmed it is normal.

I am facing another issue with regard to the brakes, there is a krrk krrk sound when the brake is applied and released, I used to get the same noise on my indica usually after a water wash. But on my linea it happens every time on very slow speeds or when the car comes to a halt from slow speed The car has done 400 kms as of now. Is this an issue or would it go away after more running of the car.
Old 3rd October 2009, 20:20   #26
UKR
BHPian

Quote:
I called up the CRM of the Prerana service center on the hosur road, he confirmed it is normal.

I am facing another issue with regard to the brakes, there is a krrk krrk sound when the brake is applied and released, I used to get the same noise on my indica usually after a water wash.
+1 to this also and is normal i believe. Mine has done 3000+kms and it still makes this sound when brakes are applied just before coming to a halt. It is especially severe the disc has developed rust after a wash.
Old 4th October 2009, 08:20   #27
BHPian

Any lineas in bangalore with the new seat assembly?

Hi Bangalore Linea owners,

Any linea owners in bangalore with the new seat assembly? If so where did they get it done and how many days did it take to fit the new one after the complaint was raised?
Old 4th October 2009, 08:46   #28
BHPian

ICE for linea

Hi,

I have my amp and sub woofer retained from my earlier car. I checked with the TASC if they can fit the amp and the woofer at their service center but the CRM adviced me not to mess up with the wiring system in the linea since the wiring is very complex. Even a small mistake could screw up the existing system in the car.

Has anybody else fitted the amp and woofer in their lineas. Any reference in bangalore accessory shop who has the knowledge of the wiring system of the linea
Old 6th October 2009, 11:55   #29

Vasanth,
Congratulations on the new purchase. The white linea looks really nice. Some detailing (at some later point in time) may make the white really standout, or you could leave it as it is... I sort of liked the general look of the car and haven't seen a white one before.

Will try to get a look at your car at the office sometime
Kiran
Old 6th October 2009, 12:25   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirsn View Post
Vasanth,
Congratulations on the new purchase. The white linea looks really nice. Some detailing (at some later point in time) may make the white really standout, or you could leave it as it is... I sort of liked the general look of the car and haven't seen a white one before.

Will try to get a look at your car at the office sometime
Kiran
Thanks Kiran

Will be coming to your office on thursday. lets meet and you can have a full view of the car

Most Viewed