Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2009, 16:07   #1
BHPian

Linea Diesel Test Drive and Booking experience

Hi All,

First of all thanks to all the folks here on providing their feedback on Linea

Test Drive Experience(Fiesta, Verna and Diesel)

Fiesta was the 1st TD.

The ford dealer was very prompt in bring the Fiesta low end model(I requested for the top end one) and he apologized for not able to bring the top end model. Technically both machines are same except for the interiors and additional features. Near my home, there is a fantastic 3 lane road ring road which is yet to be opened for the public. I used this as the test track for Fiesta and Linea. The car was pretty quick in reaching the 100 mark on the speedo. I got a very good impression on the car on its pick up and stability, but there were few comments from my friends on the car

1. outdated design
2. newer version may or may not come
3. Service cost is pretty high as mentioned by some of my friends

These factors knocked out the Fiesta from the list

Verna : The second car in the TD list

1st impression
Pretty good, my wife and 2nd kid went for the TD along with the SE. Good pickup. Did even konw that it had already reached 60 KMPH with an short distance. Handling was good, Turning radius was good. Everything was felt good in this car. Almost decided to the variant too after this TD. Thanked the SE and confirmed will call up later, since I wanted to get a good deal for my existing Indica and then I can book the top end.

There are few negative points which was running background in my mind. For a 9+ price, the car doesn't come with additional safety features like Airbags, EBD, leather seats and so on. Also there was not much offers if I am buying through company leased.

Linea : Third car in the list

I actually TD 3 different cars variants of Linea.

Car 1 (Emotion Diesel)
The car arrived at my office around 3 PM and drove around the outer ring road for about 1/2 an hour.

Car felt good with 3 folks in the car. I did not feel the car was sluggish.( I own a Indica DLG run around 69K in 4.5 yrs). In fact I felt the car had a reasonable pick up with AC on for 3 folks. The car handled pretty well with the bumper to bumper traffic on the outer ring road. I got quite a few free stretches to explore the handling around 80 KMPH. It impressed me a lot but not more than the Verna.

Car 2(Dynamic Diesel)

The sales executive reached my home around 3 PM with a black dynamic variant linea for the TD. I went in for the same route I used for Fiesta TD. There is a open stretch and I push the accelerator and guess what.. nothing happens. It looked like as if the turbo was removed from this car. It was struggling to reach 80 and a whole lot of pumping on the accelerator pushed the needle to 90 and thats it, booking the Linea storied ended there. I am sure my indica does better than this car. I asked the SE if I can try that stretch once again. It was very courteous and agreed to go for another round in the same stretch. This time it was confirmed there is something wrong with the car. I read lot about how people have easily touched 170+ on the Linea and here is car which is struggling to touch 80 KMPH. Returned to my house and gave a straight feedback that the car is useless and I will not be booking the car.

On second thoughts I called up the Verna dealers if they can provide me a TD again, but on the same route that I tried the fiesta and the linea. I know for sure that Verna can do better than both the other cars, but wanted to check it out myself. The advaith and the trident confimed that they are unable to fulfil my request(being saturday and the time was around 4 PM).

Car 3(Emotion variant)
I called up Ashok(Sale in charge) from Prerana, Sarjapur road and told him my experience with the black linea. He was very surprised when i quoted that the car was struggling to touch 80. He said he will give another TD the next day, but this time the car would be from his showroom. It is sunday and I get a call from Ashok telling me that his driver is bringing the car to my house. Its a red emotion this time. Car was sparkling from outside and clean inside. Something told me inside that the ride will be better. I start the engine and it felt no different than the black dynamic variant. I slot the 1st gear and rise the rpm to 2K, i felt the difference that this car is really better than the one I drove the day before. I told the driver that I have a route that I follow for the TD that I did with other cars. He agreed and off we went. The car had a better pick and reached 120+ without any hassles on the same empty ring road stretch. I wanted to reconfirm the pick up and did the stretch couple of times. During this time I noticed that the car has already done more than 8K.(The previous one had only clocked 256 KMs). This new car changed my perseption of the linea. But inside me there was something itching, what if I book the car and if it turns out to be like the one I TD on saturday. Called up Ashok and confirmed him that the new car was much much better and will decide in couple of days.

I tried calling up the verna SE, but there was no car available for the TD. My family was happy with the looks and the space inside the linea and gave a nod to book the linea if I liked it.

I finalised on linea and monday evening I booked the Bossa Nova white

Booking experience
I had spoken about the deals and offers with Ashok, but the corporate deal is done by Melvin. I have already spoken with melvin and have TD the 1st emotion linea along with him. Called Melvin and confirmed that I will be coming to book the car. Not too much of hassles since I had already spoken about the offers with Ashok. Along with 15K corporate discount, freebies include mud flaps, foot rests, idol, perfume, car cover. Paid the booking advance, took the performa invoice to be submitted to my office.

Insurance : I plan to do the insurance outside the dealer, though Ashok gave me a reference who is tied up with Prerana. The premium only less a grand which was actually mentioned in the price list. Not convinced, I called up my insurance agent and check with him. He quoted 2k less that the price list. Thanks to Melvin, he confirmed that my CLC dept knows couple of insurance agents who can give better discounts for corporates. Called the insurance agent referred by collegue, he gave me a quote of around 17800 which was almost 6k less than the original quote.

After all this, I knew for sure how much I will need to arrange before taking the delivery of the car.

PS : Mr Anil, who heads the Fiat division at Prerana confirmed that there were couple of Bossa Nova white in transit and will confirm the availability of the same by this week.

PS : Achintg. Thanks for providing me the reference of Mr Ashok.

Delivery experience will be updated later after I get hold of the car.

Sorry for the long post.

Regds
Vasanth
Old 9th September 2009, 17:30   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hey Congrats and Welcome to Linea Club
Meanwhile,What is the variant you booked?
Any idea about delivery date?
Enjoy and Drive safe
Old 9th September 2009, 17:31   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new car! Isn't it the first Bosa Nova White on our forum?

Quote:
It was struggling to reach 80 and a whole lot of pumping on the accelerator pushed the needle to 90
Quote:
The car had a better pick and reached 120+ without any hassles on the same empty ring road stretch.
Quote:
During this time I noticed that the car has already done more than 8K.(The previous one had only clocked 256 KMs).
The struggling one was new and a pre-run in engine will seem to struggle. Good that the dealer sent another car and it changed your mind. Just a little effort from the dealer ensured a sale for him.

Your Bosa Nova white may show similar characterstics as the dynamic you drove. Don't get hassled and thrash (or trash) the car. Drive it slowly and run in the engine properly. Good news is that you already know that once run in is over the Linea wouldn't feel lethargic.

All the best!
Old 20th September 2009, 13:01   #4
BHPian

Delivery on 21/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Congrats on your new car! Isn't it the first Bosa Nova White on our forum?

All the best!
Thanks Amit,

18th Sep 2009
Here is the update on my car. I TD the car which was to be mine. The dealer arranged for a small drive. 1st impression, the car was silent, the only thing which was worrying me was the pick up of the car. Just was praying that it doesn't turn up like the TD car I drove couple of days back. Thank god, the pick up was good. Mind you the ODO was 40 KMS and I was able to feel the turbo kicking in instantly.

I went for a 3 km drive and was happy with my decision on buying the linea. I did a PDI of the car and found one small niggle stuff. The chrome strip on the front right door was starting to peel off. I have asked the dealer to fix this before the car is delivered.

19th Sep 2009
Car was sent to the Jayanagar RTO for registration. The concerned person who took my car for the registration called up around 3 PM and said the formalities are done.
The dealer was ready to deliver the car today(sunday), but wife and mom suggested to pick it on monday(21/09). Just hoping that the freebies are all fixed before the delivery.

Posting few pics i took before the car was sent to the RTO.
Old 20th September 2009, 13:34   #5
BHPian

Congrats Vasanth on your acquisition. Your TD experience and method of short-listing is helpful. Do not forget to carry your camera for delivery and post pics.
Old 20th September 2009, 15:49   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Congrats Vasanth on your acquisition.
Thanks Kapil,

I am trying to upload a couple of pics here.. Hope it uploads without issues
Attached Thumbnails
Linea Diesel Test Drive and Booking experience-dsc05986.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 20th September 2009, 16:41   #7
Senior - BHPian

Awesome. I always had a soft corner for white lineas! Cheers sir!
Old 20th September 2009, 17:58   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
The struggling one was new and a pre-run in engine will seem to struggle. Good that the dealer sent another car and it changed your mind. Just a little effort from the dealer ensured a sale for him.

Your Bosa Nova white may show similar characterstics as the dynamic you drove. Don't get hassled and thrash (or trash) the car. Drive it slowly and run in the engine properly. Good news is that you already know that once run in is over the Linea wouldn't feel lethargic.

All the best!
I've also booked my Linea Emotion MJD and i'm expecting it in another 10 days.
What is the run in period (Kms) and Speed/RPM range for Linea Diesel? I was planning to drive the car from Bangalore to Pune during Diwali.

Is it recommended to take the new car for a long drive before run-in? Just want to make sure that i dont push the car too much.
Old 20th September 2009, 19:08   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Awesome. I always had a soft corner for white lineas! Cheers sir!
Thanks frankmehta

White is my wife's choice and brand is mine
Old 20th September 2009, 19:18   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaysurfs View Post
Is it recommended to take the new car for a long drive before run-in? Just want to make sure that i dont push the car too much.
I assume, the modern engines are pre-run, but I would still do the run in for my machine(this run in period can be used to better understand the machine). there on it would be the man and machine combination.
Old 20th September 2009, 22:15   #11
BHPian

Congrats!
Good to see more and more Linea owners abroad. It makes me lean more towards Linea.
I like those Alloys. A miniature of Maserati wheels (I had mentioned this elsewhere in the forum - Link here for easy reference) http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1491395
Old 20th September 2009, 22:57   #12
BHPian

Hi Vasanth ,

Congratulations on the buy. Hope you enjoy the drives....and safely.

My Linea Em Pk Petrol is about two months old and I waited for about 1000 kms to take it for a long spins. That was just being safe on my part.

Yes I go agree that there is no run-in period these days but I gave precedence to learn the car over period of time to breed familiarity and controls before I hit the highways.

You will certianly like the Linea on the highways.

Cheers, Sam
Old 20th September 2009, 23:02   #13
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! Linea looks super hot in white though I must confess that I liked the discontinued Vocal White better. Your brand new car may feel a little sluggish like the Black TD car, but it should open up beautifully after about 2500 Kms.
Old 20th September 2009, 23:28   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Congrats! Linea looks super hot in white though I must confess that I liked the discontinued Vocal White better. Your brand new car may feel a little sluggish like the Black TD car, but it should open up beautifully after about 2500 Kms.
Thanks Gilead, hope I can cover the 2500 kms as fast as possible to enjoy the drive better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhar's View Post
Congrats!
Thanks Dhar
Old 21st September 2009, 10:28   #15
BHPian

Ye dil mangey more, vasanth. Bossa Nova white is on my shortlist, so please do load up more pics.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks