Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2009, 01:27   #106
BHPian

Part 15
End Game

All three of us fell in love with car when we saw it. I test drove it found it as smooth as silk. There were first some disagreements about the colors. Sonny was keen on Electric Red, I prefered Oyser Grey, my wife Blushing red. Finally since there was only one color for which we all three voted favourably, we went for it.

Dear BHPians, without testing you patience any further nor streching this story any longer, I think it is now time to lead the cat out of the door.

Reluctant Roameo's adventure with buying his first car - The Hyundai i10-100_0528.jpg

Thank you for being with me through this story and also playing along sportingly although, as Samurai said, "The cat was never in the bag".

Places visited since we bought the car:
-Doddamakli Fishing Camp
-Udupi via Hassan and Charmadi Ghats
-Udupi to Bangalore via Madikeri, Kushalnagar
- Chikmaglur
- Talakkadu-Jaladhama- Somanathapura

Tomorrow at dawn, We leave again. This time to Udupi via Jog Falls, Teerthahalli and Agumbe. The return will be via Kudremukh and Chickmaglur.

I will then have another story to tell.
Roameo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2009, 09:05   #107
Senior - BHPian

Great end to a great tale! Do start an ownership report in the forum and we can continue hearning such stories about you, your car and anything else you feel like writing about. A thoroughly enjoyable thread!
Old 25th September 2009, 09:49   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roameo View Post
Part 15
End Game

- Talakkadu-Jaladhama- Somanathapura
Wow!! Quite busy with your new car eh?

You went to the Talakkadu on non-existent roads in this car? how did she behave?

I guess you can start off your own travelogues here and going by your writing style, it should be interesting reading.
Old 25th September 2009, 10:02   #109
BHPian

Wonderful narration - I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Seems like you have the high-end version of the i10 with the sunroof - was that also on insistence of your son?

Happy Driving!
Old 25th September 2009, 10:59   #110
Senior - BHPian

Vishy..Wonderful end to your story.Have a safe drive on your trip and do post a nice travalogue with pics.Bon Voyage.
Old 25th September 2009, 11:09   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roameo View Post
My world somehow seemed more solid and real, and his appears fleeting and virtual. But then it may just be a matter of perspectives.

Different times, Different worlds.
Roameo, your description of the world, as you put forth on this thread, was definitely solid and real! Readers on the forum including me can empathisize with your feelings, concerns and experiences; but then we were taught at a very early age that it wasn't a "man thing" (or even a "woman thing"!) to express our sentiments in public. As a result, the eloquence you show in graphically describing the unseen and analysing the untold, is missing in a large majority of us. Acting like Sherlock, I might even be convinced that you kept a detailed personal daily diary in the years when blogs and forums were not even distant dreams.

As you found from all the honest confessions we are all guilty of badgering our fathers to buy the fanciest cars possible, and had the least concerns about their affordability. Even I was guilty of the same, and wanted him to buy a Maruti 800. But my father just remarked, you buy, I'll ride (he passed away some months after this comment in 1988). Since then, every car I've ever bought (about 8, including two M-800s) has been a tribute and my salute to him.

Welcome on board T-BHP, Vishy, although a little belated. And kudos to you for learning to drive at 44.
Old 25th September 2009, 12:31   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I see nothing has changed since I took the car driving test in 1992.

the driving school clerk picked my name for the fail list on that day, planning to put me into pass list next time. Then the owner told me that I will be put into the pass list next time. If I had informed earlier, I would have been on the pass list very first time. Stupid me, I wanted to pass by my own merit. He had a nice laugh when he heard that.

LOL I loved this post. Some things will never change - true. But notice how these lowly functionaries (driving inspector and driving school clerk) invented outsourcing much before it became the buzzword? Read with the homily delivered by Roameo's driving inspector one can only begin to fathom the conditions under which these guys work.

Cheers,
Old 28th September 2009, 09:56   #113
BHPian

Hello friends,

I reached Udupi only yesterday night after a visit to Jog , Kuvempu's Homestead and Agumbe. This is by far the most scenic and inspiring of drives we have done so far. The fact that my car is an AT helped at places where roads are bad or rough as I don't need to keep changing gears.

After a few days at my parents home in udupi, we will be returning via Kudremukh and Chikmaglur.

Will create a separate thread for my travelogue once I return to Bangalore.

Cheers
Old 28th September 2009, 10:15   #114
Team-BHP Support

If you can find some time to visit Manipal, do PM me. We can meet.
Old 30th September 2009, 10:46   #115
BHPian

Hi Samurai,

I have sent you a pm. I was in infact in Manipal yesterday afternoon to try and see the Heritage village. Seems it will be open to public only in an year's time. Spend some time at the End Point garden with my parents and returned home.
Old 30th September 2009, 12:22   #116
Senior - BHPian

Nice write up Roameo. Please do write about the selection process you went through for the car.
Old 30th September 2009, 13:02   #117
MCR
BHPian

Fantastic writeup Roameo. I think you can win a Booker price with such a writeup.
Not less than a Agatha Christie, i believe.
By the way I still see your car seats draped in plastic covers.One suggestion is donot go for artificial leather seats. They heat up a lot in summer. Choose some good Jacquard fabric seats.

Convey my regards to your son. I was something like him in my younger days.
Old 30th September 2009, 19:37   #118
BHPian

Got to meet Samurai this evening without his sword and armour in the serene sorroundings of Manipal. It was drizzling when I got there. After a cup of coffee, he kindly took me on a spin in his off-roader Jeep right in his office back yard trail.And what an experience that was! But more on that when I create my travelogue thread when I return home to Bangalore.

@MCR- The car was just a day old when I took that pic. I have retained the original fabric seats and they are really comfortable.

@MuraliR - You bet!
Old 30th September 2009, 21:15   #119
Team-BHP Support

It was nice meeting you Roameo. I was surprised to see you wearing a shirt that had Roameo logo on the chest. Sorry I had to quickly finish the meet after the ride since I had to continue my meeting with my boss who was waiting in my office.
Old 2nd October 2009, 17:28   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I was surprised to see you wearing a shirt that had Roameo logo on the chest.
That was a 5 year old T-Shirt I never wore before. Roameo was a system from a company that merged with mine. I had to support it for a couple of years before all clients were migrated to a new system and it was shut down for ever 4 years ago. Although the system does not exist any more, I decided to revive the name as I found it a perfect fit for myself on this forum. I intend wearing the Roameo T-shirt only when I travel long distance in my car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks