Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2009, 14:15   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
The wood trim is optional. It can be replaced with the brushed aluminium finish exactly similar to the finish on the centre console.
Then it would be pleasing to eyes.
I'll check it in the Showroom this weekend.
Old 16th September 2009, 14:30   #32
Senior - BHPian

1) What is in the 5th pic in post no. 19 ? Is that some kind of lock ?

2) The wiper and lights stalks are as per LHD ? If yes, I fail to understand why manufacturers cant set up all controls for RHD.

3) Your choice of songs is good Sub kuch seekha hamne!

4) The interiors are looking very nice, but IMHO will get dirty a bit fast. The wood detailing is a touch overdone, but that is purely me. The car really looks a class apart as compared to Accord. Accord it looks like the car came to existence to beat the competition, but Passat has its own image and presence.
Old 16th September 2009, 14:38   #33
JRD
BHPian

Looks fantastic. You can see all the work that's gone into the design of this car. Fabulous, Enjoy it.
Old 16th September 2009, 14:52   #34
BHPian

Wood trim is not optional anymore.There is nothing optional in Passat anymore except color combination,you can choose your interior color scheme(choice bet gray,beige,coffee and black) for all body colors.

Why did I switch from CRV to Passat,back in 2003 there ware no roomy hatches,most of the cars were sedans and without ABS,airbags(execpt M.Benz),I wanted a safe car to drive long distance(I covered most of the india in my CRV(2003 and 2007 models),Then came Jazz,a perfect hatch with adiquate safty.So I bought Jazz.There was no need for CRV any more and I got a handome offer for my CRV AWD Automatic plus good discount on Passat.

Whatever people say about Jazz(overpriced,Honda is cheating indians etc.).I have driven jazz for about 1800 kms.It is a great car,you feel so comfortable,airy,roomy,The 1.2 ivtec is a fantastic petrol engine,the suspension is good and on expessway even if you do 150km/h you feel safe in jazz,it does not wobble,it feels well planted on the road.
Old 16th September 2009, 14:56   #35
Senior - BHPian

Again confused with the color .Is it Black or Grey
Old 16th September 2009, 14:57   #36
BHPian

The fifth picture is driver door which has an umbrella pocket where you can stuff your wet umbrella,the water trikeles down to a tray.
Old 16th September 2009, 15:03   #37
BHPian

The color is called Mocca Anthracite.The tint is more towards coffee color,the only other car offers this shade is Bentley(A VW family).Even Audi does not have this shade(this is told by VW salesman)
Old 16th September 2009, 15:09   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Again confused with the color .Is it Black or Grey
The colour is dark chocolate brown known as Mocca Antracite. If you go for this exterior colour, they offer a different interior colour trim in coffee colour known as Latte Machiato. This is not the same as beige.

The interior can also be selected in burr walnut or brushed aluminum for the door/dashboard trims.
Old 16th September 2009, 15:16   #39
BHPian

Lovely looking car. Congratulations on the purchase.

Am just curious, (not going to buy one in the near future), what is the delivery period on these cars?
Old 18th September 2009, 15:00   #40
BHPian

i am just blown away at the interior pics. thanks for posting them. they are so classy!! some people dont like the wooden trims. but if its real wood then it looks so great!! and i never knew that they offered an umbrella in the door. this is very cool feature espesially if you are a mumbaikar

i thought only skoda superb offered these umbrellas.(if only we could get a date with rihana free with the umbrellas )
Old 22nd September 2009, 11:56   #41
Senior - BHPian

Awesome color for the car and the interiors looks good too. Please do post a few pics of the rear, does it offer (almost?) the same leg space as Superb? Also, does it offer all the bells and whistles as the superb w.r.t the media section?

Last edited by _raVan_ : 22nd September 2009 at 12:04.
Old 22nd September 2009, 19:51   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Awesome color for the car and the interiors looks good too. Please do post a few pics of the rear, does it offer (almost?) the same leg space as Superb? Also, does it offer all the bells and whistles as the superb w.r.t the media section?
Legroom is not as much as the Superb offers. Everything in the VW family now comes with the same touchscreen system shown in Vasant's car. Jetta / Laura included.
Old 22nd September 2009, 20:34   #43
BHPian

I do not know about skodas,a friend of mine had a very very very bad experience with them,so I never entered skodas showroom to check out their cars.I thought Germans are very arogant type,but skoda is from East Europe,I know now it is owned by VW,my friend told me about their arrogance.(Bap se Beta Sawai).

Among all MNC(automobile) which country gets the OSCAR for Arrrr..ogance?
Old 22nd September 2009, 21:35   #44
Senior - BHPian

great pics, boss.

The car looks simple yet stately - I love it!

cheers
Old 22nd September 2009, 21:43   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

The Passat's audio system is one of the best I have heard.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks