Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2009, 15:31   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Premjit, what you are talking of are the regular scenarios. However one buys extended warranty as an insurance for the future. If the EW is rightly priced and the terms are not insanely one-sided (this you will need to check in the EW book that they give with the EW) it can be a very judicious investment towards future security against unexpected failures.

Let me give you 2 examples. My friend bought EW with his car. It was to give him a total of 18+18 months of warranty. The EW was for the last 18 months of the 3 year period. At the end of 24th month he complained about some pick-up related issues. The service center checked the problem and diagnosed it to be a FP calibration problem. The cost was Rs.15000. However the EW covered it for him. In one single instance he recovered the EW cost a few times over than what he paid for it initially.

In another case one of our fellow BHPians had a Baleno. It was a superb vehicle and also maintained very well. And yet it suffered an unexpected problem which needed the whole engine to be taken down. It was a freak manufacturing defect that ended up damaging the crankshaft and the pump. However he got lucky as he was covered by the extended warranty.

In both cases as you can see the EW saved the day. I think you need to calculate how much is ok for you to pay as insurance against such happenings. And if it looks ok to you it is better to opt for the EW.

TMP though is another thing altogether. You need to reduce the cost of EW and then calculate whether the rest is going above what you will normally pay in regular maintenance. If TMP works out higher give it a skip.
@zappo: Thats the point i was trying to make. What i mentioned was that I am going for the extended warranty, for the additional peace of mind. Your points on the value of this is echoed by me as well. Recently, the warranty came into play for my fiance's U-VA where the silencer pipe had gotten damaged. The service center tried to palm it off as accidental damage but we were able to prove to GM and the dealer that it wasnt so, since the damage was on the upper portion of the silencer.

What I'm not too keen on is the Total Maintainence plan offered by Ford India. Am not sure whether the additonal cost of 35k is worth it.
Old 1st October 2009, 15:50   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
I also have same opinion and when I asked this to local ford dealer he also said same thing that EW does not cover labour charge and does not have any link with servicing (free or paid). Its only applicable if any of the engine/mechanical part goes faulty & this does not cover brakes & tyres etc.
@kumar7: just reading off Ford India, The EW does indeed coverall "electrical and mechanical failuers and any labour costs for these repairs". Pls re- check with the dealer.
Old 1st October 2009, 17:39   #108
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by premjit View Post
@kumar7: just reading off Ford India, The EW does indeed coverall "electrical and mechanical failuers and any labour costs for these repairs". Pls re- check with the dealer.
Better to go for extended warranty. It would cover "electrical and mechanical failuers and any labour costs for these repairs". It would not cover usual service labour costs & consumable costs etc etc which is ok. calculate all possible / likely costs covered under TMP (for specified period) which are not covered in extended warrnaty. My guess is it may come out costlier than EW. But EW is essential, IMO.
Old 1st October 2009, 21:11   #109
Senior - BHPian

Slightly OT, but the EW for diesel is significantly higher than that for petrol . I think this is specific to ford.
Old 2nd October 2009, 23:20   #110
BHPian

Hey All,

The local accesories guy is offering me a 3M polish. Cost pegged at Rs 2.5k. Says its better than the Teflon coating. Am not sure what the merits of each are. I just wanna keep hairline scratches away from Blue Streak.

PC
Old 3rd October 2009, 00:07   #111
BANNED

Quote:
Hey All,

The local accesories guy is offering me a 3M polish. Cost pegged at Rs 2.5k. Says its better than the Teflon coating. Am not sure what the merits of each are. I just wanna keep hairline scratches away from Blue Streak.

PC
Paint Protection treatment is a "feel-good" factor & not a "Must-have" one. Still if you want to go for it, WAXOYL sounds better. 3M treatment / polish peels some microns of paint because of the materials they use. Whereas WAXOYL leaves a polymer coating.
Old 3rd October 2009, 14:04   #112
BHPian

Today Premjit took us for a ride in the Blue Streak. He took us (his fiance, cousins and myself) for breakfast. Then we went for a drive to Rajarhat. I was happy to get a chance to drive the beast. And that was one great drive. Though I didn't rev much, but the overall feeling was simply awesome. Never realised when I touched 120. I think within the range of 3k-4.5k rpm, its too good. I was initally little disappointed after the TD. But today the 1.6 S fulfilled my expectation. Great Control, Good Acceleration and a rock solid feeling. I still think its the best car below 10L.

Finally we had a round of photo shoot before heading to South City to catch a glimpse of the City of Joy from the 36th floor (tallest I have climbed in the city)

@Premjit: Thanks a ton dude for the ride, the drive, the breakfast and overall a great morning. Wish to have many such drives in future.

I have put some of the pics taken at Rajarhat.
Old 3rd October 2009, 14:08   #113
BHPian

Behold...THE BLUE STREAK

The Blue Streak Arrives...My Fiesta 1.6 S-premjits-blue-streak-054.jpg

The Blue Streak Arrives...My Fiesta 1.6 S-premjits-blue-streak-048.jpg

The Blue Streak Arrives...My Fiesta 1.6 S-premjits-blue-streak-055.jpg

The Blue Streak Arrives...My Fiesta 1.6 S-premjits-blue-streak-050.jpg

The Blue Streak Arrives...My Fiesta 1.6 S-premjits-blue-streak-056.jpg

The Blue Streak Arrives...My Fiesta 1.6 S-premjits-blue-streak-062.jpg

The Happy Owner

The Blue Streak Arrives...My Fiesta 1.6 S-premjits-blue-streak-082.jpg

Three men in a fiesta

The Blue Streak Arrives...My Fiesta 1.6 S-premjits-blue-streak-073.jpg

Last edited by vrooooooom : 3rd October 2009 at 14:09.
Old 3rd October 2009, 14:13   #114
Senior - BHPian

BEAUUUUUTIFUL. The best photographs of the Blue S I have seen in a long time!! Cheeers man! And congrats Premjit, she's HOT!
Old 3rd October 2009, 14:18   #115
Icy

Had my 1st opportunity to drive Premjit's Blue Streak today morning and it was simply amazing. Got a chance to drive both through the empty expanses of Rajarhat (on the outskirts of Kolkata) as well as the busier stretch from Rajarhat to South City (located in the populated heart of South Kolkata). For someone who drives around an Alto and is always apprehensive of driving a bigger vehicle, it was simply a breeze. Handled very well irrespective of the speed being driven at during various stages or the unexpected potholes of Kolkata roads.

The looks are simply stunning in flesh and blood. We had a mini photo shoot at Rajarhat, awaiting the snaps taken on vrooooooom's camera.

Congrats Bro on a great buy . Thanks for the opportunity to drive Blue Streak and hope to drive her again in future. Take care and drive safe.
Old 3rd October 2009, 14:20   #116
BHPian

Nice photoshoot!
Ford can use this in Ads
Old 3rd October 2009, 14:34   #117
BHPian

Thanks guys. I decided to take photography seriously from yesterday. Went out with my Canon SD 800 IS to shoot the Blue Streak. I really wish I could have some manual focus feature on this camera. But after all your comments/inspirations, no regrets.
Old 3rd October 2009, 14:36   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrooooooom View Post
Today Premjit took us for a ride in the Blue Streak. He took us (his fiance, cousins and myself) for breakfast. Then we went for a drive to Rajarhat. I was happy to get a chance to drive the beast. And that was one great drive. Though I didn't rev much, but the overall feeling was simply awesome. Never realised when I touched 120. I think within the range of 3k-4.5k rpm, its too good. I was initally little disappointed after the TD. But today the 1.6 S fulfilled my expectation. Great Control, Good Acceleration and a rock solid feeling. I still think its the best car below 10L.

Finally we had a round of photo shoot before heading to South City to catch a glimpse of the City of Joy from the 36th floor (tallest I have climbed in the city)

@Premjit: Thanks a ton dude for the ride, the drive, the breakfast and overall a great morning. Wish to have many such drives in future.

I have put some of the pics taken at Rajarhat.
@vroom: Thanks a ton for the pics. They are absolutely amazing. It was great to go out with you folks. Plus, There are going to be some more drives. I know your right foot was itching to mash that accelerator. Another round coming up soon. Agree with you thats its an amazing drivers car n am sure other fiesta freaks like franky, kumar, shaju, ashish all agree.

@kumar, frank: All credit to vrooom for the pics. If only he put up one of his pics.
Old 3rd October 2009, 14:47   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@mobike: Foll are the details:

Ex Show: Rs 706,000
Insurance: Rs 29000 (Quoted: Offering 50% disc)
Regn: Rs 43200
HP: Rs 500

Total: Rs 778700.

Less:
- Corp disc. Rs 54k (after a roller coaster ride. See my post for details).
- 40% off on insurance
- Essential pack: Mud Flaps (Useless due to the skirts on the S), Interior mats, dicky mat, idol, perfume
- Car cover

Am trying to close the deal within Rs 715,000. Depends on the insurance deal that finally works out.
+
I got full insurance free on my fiesta 1.6 zxi (the dealer told me that it is the offer from Ford and not from the dealer?). however besides insurance no other free offer from them.
I took delivery of the car on 26th of sept,2009..
Old 3rd October 2009, 14:47   #120
BHPian

I think it touched 1000 today

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks