Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2009, 11:22   #46
BHPian

Congrats Premjit. Fiesta S looks killer in all colors that I have seen. Blue, White and Black. My fav is black (since I love BLACK colour as such). Its a real fun to drive car and its other versions is good for driver and passengers. The best car in its category (IMO).

How about some good pics other than the ones taken through your phone cam?
Old 16th September 2009, 11:31   #47
BHPian

Congrats on the blue streak!!!

The NCT5 will do the job unless you need that extra grip and less noisy tires. Having already used the same set of tires i'm sure you can judge it's performance.
Old 16th September 2009, 11:58   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Congrats Premjit. Fiesta S looks killer in all colors that I have seen. Blue, White and Black. My fav is black (since I love BLACK colour as such). Its a real fun to drive car and its other versions is good for driver and passengers. The best car in its category (IMO).

How about some good pics other than the ones taken through your phone cam?
@krish: still await the car buddy. These were pics i took when it arrived. Photoshoot planned.
Old 16th September 2009, 13:00   #49
Senior - BHPian

If you intend to change the tires, do it ASAP. Something like, after delivery take the second U-Turn and get it done. And, if you want to get the stock alloys painted, try Aloke Automobiles. They are really good.
Old 16th September 2009, 13:03   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
If you intend to change the tires, do it ASAP. Something like, after delivery take the second U-Turn and get it done. And, if you want to get the stock alloys painted, try Aloke Automobiles. They are really good.
Shuvd: Ur the man. Precisely the plan. Indo Radial Club, Byepass. Btw: Where is Aloke Automobiles?
Old 17th September 2009, 00:00   #51
BHPian

Congrats Premjit.Awesome car and the choice of color is splendid too.Heres wishing you miles and miles of pure bliss in the days to come.

Any mods in the pipeline,apart from the usual you mentioned already?
Old 17th September 2009, 09:36   #52
BHPian

@shajufx, frank et al.Ford is offering an extended 2 year warranty for Rs 9k approx. Also, there is a 3 year Total Maintainence Plan at 35k approx. Have any of you guys taken a look at the plan or taken it up?
Old 17th September 2009, 09:45   #53
Senior - BHPian

hi prem. i would suggest you bargain with the people and ask them to accommodate your third year warranty in the final price. i dont know of anyone on this forum who has taken tmp. its way too expensive.
Old 17th September 2009, 09:49   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
hi prem. i would suggest you bargain with the people and ask them to accommodate your third year warranty in the final price. i dont know of anyone on this forum who has taken tmp. its way too expensive.
Hi Frank. Actually, they say its a 2 year extended warranty now. Its basically, 2 years/ 100,000 kms PLUS 2 years/ 40000 kms.
Old 17th September 2009, 11:26   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by premjit View Post
@shajufx, frank et al.Ford is offering an extended 2 year warranty for Rs 9k approx. Also, there is a 3 year Total Maintainence Plan at 35k approx. Have any of you guys taken a look at the plan or taken it up?
Premjit, all of us who have booked Fiesta recently have got 3rd year extended warranty as standard discount except Ashish who managed to get 3rd and 4th year warranty as standard discount, as per as I know 3rd year extended warranty is given as standard discount jointly by manufacturer and dealer, do bargain with your dealer for 3rd year extended warranty.

My suggestion don't go for SSP / TMP, it is on higher side, do visit Vnabhi Longterm Ownership thread, He have spent Rs. 12394/- for six services in last two years, which is quite reasonable, secondly Ford have reduced recently cost of Spares / Service Cost and due to stiff competetion from other manufacturers they won't increase the cost in future.
Old 17th September 2009, 12:24   #56
BHPian

hey Premjit,

Even i am in a dilema - whether to go for the SSP. The dealer strongly recomends it (probably has some margin in it).

Though i read vnabhis analysis of 2yrs service cost, i still feel i should go for the 2 yrs plan (for 15K). Atleast, i dont have to bother abt any costs (other than petrol) for 2 yrs. The peace of mind is worth a few thousand rs extra...

Let me know what you finally decide
Old 17th September 2009, 15:01   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
Premjit, all of us who have booked Fiesta recently have got 3rd year extended warranty as standard discount except Ashish who managed to get 3rd and 4th year warranty as standard discount, as per as I know 3rd year extended warranty is given as standard discount jointly by manufacturer and dealer, do bargain with your dealer for 3rd year extended warranty.

My suggestion don't go for SSP / TMP, it is on higher side, do visit Vnabhi Longterm Ownership thread, He have spent Rs. 12394/- for six services in last two years, which is quite reasonable, secondly Ford have reduced recently cost of Spares / Service Cost and due to stiff competetion from other manufacturers they won't increase the cost in future.
@rajesh: Dealer is refusing saying that the corp discount and insuirance discount coupled with freebies is approx Rs 70k. I've already sqeezed him a bit.
Old 17th September 2009, 20:15   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by premjit View Post
@rajesh: Dealer is refusing saying that the corp discount and insurance discount coupled with freebies is approx Rs 70k. I've already sqeezed him a bit.
Premjit, thats a whooping discount, I don't think He will give you any more discount. Rs. 9000/- for 3rd and 4th year extended warranty is a fair amount, my dealer quoted me Rs. 6700/- for 4th year extented warranty. My take, go for 3rd and 4th year extended warranty while taking delivery of your car, later amount goes on increasing.
Old 23rd September 2009, 16:01   #59
BHPian

Guys, Dealer called to confirm that delivery will be made tomorrow. Havent been able to do a PDI but did a brief dekko when the car arrived. Fingers crossed that all should be well.
Old 23rd September 2009, 16:30   #60
Senior - BHPian

Damn - just looking at the Blue S - I was tempted to pick up the phone and order one immediately !

Congrats buddy - and maybe just maybe ....one more blue might be running here in Mumbai

Most Viewed