Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2009, 19:06   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by premjit View Post
Ford is offering an extended 2 year warranty for Rs 9k approx. Also, there is a 3 year Total Maintainence Plan at 35k approx. Have any of you guys taken a look at the plan or taken it up?
I am not very sure of others, but mine is the normal 2 year warranty, no extensions. If you have Tires, ICE, headlight upgrades in mind, think twice before opting for extended warranty. Upgrading the tires we lose the suspension warranties, upgrading the head lights we lose either the lighting related warranties or of the complete electrical system. Now, I have done both.

May be an ICE upgrade is in the making too, so I will be left with very few parts of the car in warranty, will it make any sense for me to spend the extra money for that limited coverage ? I will be thanking Ford and my good stars if my car can complete 5 years without any major issues !
Old 23rd September 2009, 23:11   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
........tempted to pick up the phone and order one immediately !

.......... and maybe just maybe ....one more blue might be running here in Mumbai

DO IT DO IT DO IT!
Old 23rd September 2009, 23:43   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I am not very sure of others, but mine is the normal 2 year warranty, no extensions. If you have Tires, ICE, headlight upgrades in mind, think twice before opting for extended warranty. Upgrading the tires we lose the suspension warranties, upgrading the head lights we lose either the lighting related warranties or of the complete electrical system. Now, I have done both.

May be an ICE upgrade is in the making too, so I will be left with very few parts of the car in warranty, will it make any sense for me to spend the extra money for that limited coverage ? I will be thanking Ford and my good stars if my car can complete 5 years without any major issues !
@shaju: point taken. only thinking of tire upgrades currently, though the 195 NCT5's are pretty good as well.

M concerned abt not being able to do the PDI. Hope it isnt a problem.
Old 25th September 2009, 02:34   #64
BHPian

The Blue Streak Arrives. My Fiesta 1.6S Aquarius Blue: Update: Delivery Pics & Review

Guys,

Its finally here. Got delivery around 1830 Hrs today and boy what a roller coaster its been. The games started yesterday when the dealer called to say that the DO from HDFC Bank had not yet come in and hence they couldnt send the car for registration. With Pujas from Friday, I was getting desperate. In this situation used my banking contacts to get in touch with the ops people at HDFC who confirmed that my file was processed and the DO would go out in the evening. Confirmed this to the dealer and breathed a sigh of relief.

A little while later, the dealer again called to say that my down payment cheques had not been cashed. Being a banker, I checked clearing ops and found that the cheque had not been banked only. Gave a big dose to the dealer salesman and showroom owner both before being assured that the car would be mine today.

Somehow got to work today, totally distracted with the delivery and the coming pujas. Tried reaching the salesman thru the day but no luck. He didnt take my call at all. Turns out he was in training for the new Endy. After spending the better part of the day in great turmoil, finally got a call at 1700 Hrs to come and collect the car.

After reaching the showroom, it was smooth sailing with a quick dekko. I’d missed the PDI and hence mentioned that in the feedback form. Car seemed ok and took it for a road test as well. Sadly, these guys didn’t even ribbon the car or take a snap. Seems that’s the general state of things with dealers in Calcutta. Finally checked out of Ganges Ford at 1830 with the car, service book, delivery challan, insurance Xerox and permanent registration plates (but no RC Book, Insurance, Extended Warranty Booklet or PUC Certificate). All this would be collected after pujas, so I guess I need to be careful till then.

Drove off into the heavy heavy puja traffic, so hardly got a chance to drive at speeds greater than 30 kph. Took a few turns slightly quickly and revved to 3000 RPM whenever I got the chance (Am setting myself this barrier for 1000 kms J ). And wow, what an experience it is. The rasp is too addictive that I wanna keep doing it again and again.

My views till now:

TD & Booking process:

Pluses:
1. Smooth with minimum documentation.
2. Finance handled very well. Apart from the DO phase
3. Car made available for TD multiple times at short notice.
4. Salesperson extremely affable and courteous.
5. Offers made are very competitive and direct.

Minuses:

1. Salesman’s knowledge could be better (I’d still give him 8/10).
2. The delays in arranging DO and banking cheques are purely admin glitches. Could leave anyone totally lost and confused.

Delivery Process:

Pluses:

1. Process was quick. Maybe that’s cos it was “No Frills”
2. All commitments made at booking stage were kept.
3. Company was willing to defer the balance payment and offer the car even though it was not fully paid for.

Minuses:

1. The lack of info about the time of delivery is very irritating
2. Lack of special touch at delivery time. No ribbon, photo, pujas etc…
3. No PDI. This was a critical point for me and I’ve highlighted it to Ford in the feedback form. Hope its looked into.

This is all that I have for now, apart from some pics of the delivery time. I plan to go on a long breakfast drive tomorrow, so will put more pics and share my pros and cons on other facets of the car tomorrow.

Thanks people.

PC
Attached Thumbnails
The Blue Streak Arrives...My Fiesta 1.6 S-p1000981.jpg  

The Blue Streak Arrives...My Fiesta 1.6 S-p1000983.jpg  

The Blue Streak Arrives...My Fiesta 1.6 S-p1000984.jpg  

The Blue Streak Arrives...My Fiesta 1.6 S-p1000987.jpg  

The Blue Streak Arrives...My Fiesta 1.6 S-p1000988.jpg  

The Blue Streak Arrives...My Fiesta 1.6 S-p1000989.jpg  

The Blue Streak Arrives...My Fiesta 1.6 S-p1000990.jpg  

The Blue Streak Arrives...My Fiesta 1.6 S-p1000994.jpg  

Old 25th September 2009, 04:33   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

@premjit: Congrats! The car looks beautiful.
As for the ribbon, forget about it. Even here in Mumbai we have to yet take delivery of a car with the ribbon and a photo. The most a dealer has ever done is perform a puja, and that too was for a Mercedes.
Old 25th September 2009, 07:10   #66
BHPian

Premjit, congrats on arrival of your beauty, yesterday I was in showroom for doing PDI of my Fiesta, I saw Fiesta 1.6S in blue, she was looking stunning in flesh.

Last edited by rajeshvin : 25th September 2009 at 07:18.
Old 25th September 2009, 07:20   #67
Senior - BHPian

Ssssssssss. Just had multiple cargasms. All over again! Hehe. Congrats Premjit you have a winner in your garage. Enjoy. btw 3k is too high. Keep it 2.5 k
Old 25th September 2009, 11:11   #68
BHPian

Hey Prem...Congrats

A sense of deja vu here...When I went to collect my friend's Fiesta S from Ganges Ford,he too had told them whether they have any ribbons(normally every other car gives),the guys at the dealership said they dont put them

Incidentally,I have also collected my Black SX4 on Mahalaya.But am really finding it tough to drive during the Pujas(my Swift would fare better in the traffic)
Old 25th September 2009, 13:48   #69
BHPian

Hi Prem,
Congrats and enjoy the drive.
Wishing you many happy miles of motoring with the "Blue Streak".

Go Fida
Old 25th September 2009, 17:20   #70
BHPian

Premjit,

Many congratulations on your new drive. The Blue Fiesta S is one of the best looking cars on road today. I test drove one the other day and was smiling all the way. The motor is awesome to say the least!

Wish you thousands of miles of motoring pleasure.

-Subhash

P.S: I am hoping to join the Go Fida club sooner than later
Old 25th September 2009, 18:58   #71
BHPian

Oshadharon lagchhey Premjit, many many congrats!! Getting it just before the pujas is a big bonus... no matter how much we crib about our jobs, being a banker does pay sometimes

Did you get the tyres changed finally?

And Mr. Hoochmeister, about that party - when, where?
Old 25th September 2009, 19:17   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
Hey Prem...Congrats

A sense of deja vu here...When I went to collect my friend's Fiesta S from Ganges Ford,he too had told them whether they have any ribbons(normally every other car gives),the guys at the dealership said they dont put them

Incidentally,I have also collected my Black SX4 on Mahalaya.But am really finding it tough to drive during the Pujas(my Swift would fare better in the traffic)
@joy. Congo for the SX. IMHO, it is one butch machine. Dude, totally agree with you. It is a big challenge to drive the car in pujas. Just today, had a brush with an amby. Am going out again, but fingers crossed.
Old 25th September 2009, 20:03   #73
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Premjit, you will have your adrenalins at the highest RPM throughout your driving time, but keep the car's RPM below 2500 whenever possible. I didnt believe in any run-in theory as all the latest cars are factory run-in already. With a Fiesta in hand, its tough to control the right foot, the late gear-shift coupled with the roar of the engine is very addictive, but please dont make it as a habit !

Are you browsing through crutchfield by any chance ? Franky might have inspired many here !!!
Old 25th September 2009, 20:21   #74
Senior - BHPian

Shaju, don't tell me you got bitten by the I bug! Oops. My heartfelt apologies. May God rest your soul!
Old 25th September 2009, 20:53   #75
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics Premjit. Blue looks stunning. Drive carefully in the Kolkata traffic. Happy pujas !

Most Viewed