Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2009, 11:21   #1
BHPian

The Blue Streak Arrives...My Fiesta 1.6 S

Hey ppl, Sighted my Fiesta 1.6s in Aquarius Blue on Saturday and the wait continues. Something like the eager wait for your very first date with someone whom you’ve spoken to, hurriedly met in the company of friends, but one's who finally agreed to go out with you...ALONE !! Your mind does a million calculations every second. Where do you go, what do you wear, what do you say and what the possibilities are. Well, that’s precisely what this has been doing to me ever since I thought of buying it.

But then again, it wasn’t love at first sight for me. I’d seen her when she was launched and even though she set a million hearts a flutter with that exotic blue color, I was made of sterner stuff. So I kept driving me Aveo 1.4 LS and cursing every moment I drove the car (Aveo owners, please forgive me but I’ve lived with the Aveo for more than a year before taking this decision). Then my eyes rested on the new Cedia Sports but considering it was Rs 10.5 lks OTR, I started the hunt for a used piece. Then came Shuvd who suggested the Fiesta 1.6s in the first place. His sms remained hidden in my inbox all the time i was searching for a used Cedia, but an offer at office coupled with the text and frankmehta's reviews on the S made me pine for a TD.

Ganges Ford in Kolkata doesn’t’ have a 1.6S for TD and use the 1.6Sxi. We had the TD promptly arranged on Saturday and Razor and Vroom had a whale of a time giving it the stick, I THINK. The Ford guy was somehow scared silly (Thanks to Razor who'd TD'ed the car for the 2nd time in as many weeks). Me, the somewhat sedate driver was impressed with the directness of the steering and the addictive engine rasp, which made me, wanna downshift and mash the throttle…just to hear the sound again and again. Loved the precise gearshift, which fell nicely to hand. Ford could have added in the arm- rest on the front seats. The tires on the TD vehicle were the standard 175 MRF ZV2K so am sure the wider NCT 5’s on the S would improve the handling even more.

Now to the overall booking experience, which as been pretty good till now. Negotiated a very good buy back for the Aveo, which would cover the down payment on the car. Apart from this, am getting discount of Rs 54k, 50% off on insurance and essential accessories like Mud flaps, floor mats, dickey mat, idol, perfume and car cover (The salesman has assured he will give me the car cover but not in writing).

“Guys, who’ve bought the S, is it absolutely necessary to take the insurer offered by Ford India (They offer Iffco Tokio, Bajaj and ICICI Lombard), since I have a tie up with the Royal Sundaram people. Ford folks say that insurance claims from any other insurers other than those approved by Ford India would not be cashless…

“But its not been all hunky dory either.

After the booking, I was told that the car isn’t in Stock in Kolkata and isn’t available in Chennai as well and I should expect the car within 3- 4 weeks. Then on 9th, I got a call from the salesman here that the corp discount couldnt be offered since my company wasnt on the list for the current month (He neglected the fact that I had booked in august but he logged in September). After frantic calls to the proprietor (Who was very courteous but said he could'nt do much) and the RSM of Ford India, East, managed to get the assurance that the corp disc would be made available after all. Man, what a nerve wracking experience it was.

Finally, got a call from the salesman on Saturday that the car had arrived and they were getting it to the showroom to show me. Checked out the car, in the "flesh" for the first time and was drooling like a kid at a candy store. Did a brief look over at the car and took some pics (poor quality thanks to the E 71 Camera). Am planning to close out the finance bit today. Has anyone dealt with UBI...Its a wild card but am gona go and meet them anyways.

Away from all this, I spent/d all my free time drooling at frank’s, gautam’s, shajufx posts of the car. Waiting, thinking and planning about how life is gonna change once the S is here. So here’s to the long wait….</p>
Attached Thumbnails
The Blue Streak Arrives...My Fiesta 1.6 S-12092009034.jpg  

The Blue Streak Arrives...My Fiesta 1.6 S-12092009037.jpg  

Last edited by Jaggu : 14th September 2009 at 11:40. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, avoid copy pasting from external Font editors, Thanks
premjit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2009, 11:48   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats premjit,

Good Choice of car and color.
It's damn good looking car and sporty too.
Enjoy and Drive Safe
Old 14th September 2009, 11:50   #3
BHPian

Hi Premjit,

Congratz on your new car. This car is one of the fastest on the road. . Even on my linea i dont overtake that monster since i know the power of that car. Take care of her and drive safe !!!
Old 14th September 2009, 11:51   #4
Senior - BHPian

congrats premjit wish you many miles with your 1.6S.

When will you upgrade the ICE?
Old 14th September 2009, 12:00   #5
Senior - BHPian

Damn, a blue s still gets my heart fluttering. Congrats Premjit. Run her in well! Enjoy the blue streak!
Old 14th September 2009, 12:03   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hey congrats on the Blue Streak! She is looking wonderful. Please post better pics as and when you get time and do justice to this baby.
Old 14th September 2009, 12:22   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Premjit, its one of the most goodlooking cars in its category, from an enthusiasts perspective. There are a couple of helpful people at the Ganges Ford Showroom. Generally their workshop has tie up with Iffco Tokio, with which even my Ikon is insured.
Old 14th September 2009, 12:31   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Congrats Premjit, its one of the most goodlooking cars in its category, from an enthusiasts perspective. There are a couple of helpful people at the Ganges Ford Showroom. Generally their workshop has tie up with Iffco Tokio, with which even my Ikon is insured.
@1100D: Thanks so much. Well, they're quoting Rs 19k for insurance with Iffco Tokio while Royal Sundaram quoted Rs 15620. In case they have a tie up with Iffco, do you think its ok to pay a bit extra for some peace of mind. I'm unsure how Royal Sundaram will be able to help out but they're saying they will make it cashless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Hey congrats on the Blue Streak! She is looking wonderful. Please post better pics as and when you get time and do justice to this baby.
@pervez: Thanks. Yeps. right now am waiting to close out the loose ends and take the car out. A long photo session is planned without a doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
congrats premjit wish you many miles with your 1.6S.

When will you upgrade the ICE?
@planet: ICE upgrade. No plans as yet. Want to check out the stock set up before any upgrade. Plus, no more budget left.

@Frank: Buddy, thanks for your posts on the S. Helped a lot
Old 14th September 2009, 13:14   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Premjit. The Fiesta is IMHO the BEST car at that price point. This calls for a par-tay!!
Old 14th September 2009, 14:08   #10
BHPian

Wow, 1 more Fiesta on Tbhp... that's amazing...

The 1.6S is sure a helluva machine. Enjoy it
Old 14th September 2009, 14:11   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
Congrats Premjit. The Fiesta is IMHO the BEST car at that price point. This calls for a par-tay!!
@shuvd: Thanks to you boss. Your idea that got me thinking. Party on for sure.
Old 14th September 2009, 14:16   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Thats one of the loveliest looking sedans on road currently. I am a big fan of the S and especially in that color. Care to share some pricing info OTR price, discounts etc.
Old 14th September 2009, 14:19   #13
BHPian

Congrats Premjit, great car. You are going to enjoy every second behind the wheel of this beauty.
Drive Safe and enjoy.

Go Fida
Old 14th September 2009, 14:24   #14
BHPian

Congrats Premjit. Hope to see Blue Streak in our next meet.
Old 14th September 2009, 14:25   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thats one of the loveliest looking sedans on road currently. I am a big fan of the S and especially in that color. Care to share some pricing info OTR price, discounts etc.
@mobike: Foll are the details:

Ex Show: Rs 706,000
Insurance: Rs 29000 (Quoted: Offering 50% disc)
Regn: Rs 43200
HP: Rs 500

Total: Rs 778700.

Less:
- Corp disc. Rs 54k (after a roller coaster ride. See my post for details).
- 40% off on insurance
- Essential pack: Mud Flaps (Useless due to the skirts on the S), Interior mats, dicky mat, idol, perfume
- Car cover

Am trying to close the deal within Rs 715,000. Depends on the insurance deal that finally works out.

Most Viewed