Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2009, 17:23   #16
Senior - BHPian

those are really amazing FE numbers , and hey congrats on the new SUV man !
Old 16th September 2009, 18:53   #17
BHPian

@Hoopoe: Lovely writeup and some nice pics. Makes the colour stand out even more. IMO, the current avatar of the Scorp with the mHawk engine and the black front bumpers is one butch machine. I'm very impressed with M & M and the passion they have for their vehicles.

Btw: Any plans to switch to alloys wheels. There's some groovy pieces out there that would make ur ride look even better.
Old 16th September 2009, 19:37   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopoe View Post
It delighted us with its eagerness to please.
This one line alone sums it all up. Congrats Hoopoe on the new ride . Very well written ...

Bugs.
Old 16th September 2009, 19:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Contentment is natural wealth, Luxury is artificial poverty
Socrates

So, we bought a Scorpio. Predictably, our friends sneered at us. A poor man’s SUV they said. A pretender they proclaimed. Horror stories of their toppling and killing its occupants were dictated. It’s a ‘Dudhiya’s’ vehicle was told to us. We were also not very sure of our decision initially—conditioned as we were by the media proclaimed superiority of the European and the Japanese. But, to our surprise, we loved the Scorpio from the first moment. It delighted us with its eagerness to please. It seemed to have a life and character that so much lacked the Innova (that is a perfect mass produced product—every one looking like the other) and the RR—that was a snob and pretence in every plausible way.

See the photos of our recent trip to Jaipur this weekend. I am sure, you can see the Scorpio smiling as much as we did.
congrats on your new ride buddy. your ownership report was loooooooong awaited.

excellent write up with absolutely drool worthy pics to add. my scorpio can only dream of going to such places!

great choice & enjoy your drive. i wish you a happy ownership experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
its a surprise to see someone agreeing that the Innova is a boring car.
hey, add me to the list. have been thrown out of various threads for saying this!
Old 16th September 2009, 21:03   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Hoopoe - I recieved your PM. Thank you. Please call me before you do anything if you suddenly get the insatiable urge to spend money and go in for alloys etc (it happens!). I will guide you in totality.

Just for academic sake, I also own a Scorpio LX. I also wanted my car without claddings. I am attaching one photograph of my black beauty as it is and three photoshopped photographs only for reference. You will observe that I also want my car without the side and rear footsteps / wheelcaps. I did the bull bar exactly as I always wanted it in a Scorpio with the number plate location and the driving light brackets included. When I drive full nights, I just cannot do without my Hellas. For wiring tips, just refer to my post on page 60 of the automobile lighting thread on the forum. I hope you like my car.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Attached Thumbnails
New Scorpio LX—Bliss of contentment-dsc01563.jpg  

New Scorpio LX—Bliss of contentment-scor720copy.jpg  

New Scorpio LX—Bliss of contentment-scor20red20frnt.jpg  

New Scorpio LX—Bliss of contentment-scor20red20hlf.jpg  

Old 17th September 2009, 07:21   #21
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

lovely write up. congrats on the LX

as an owner myself I entirely appreciate your views.

let the unbelievers amongst us say what they want - I still love my Scorpio and believe strongly in the Mahindra committment to its customers!

great choice and the Scorpio will not let you down when it comes to the crunch!

cheerio!
Old 17th September 2009, 08:13   #22
Senior - BHPian

Great writeup, people will say stuff no matter what you buy. The important thing is you are content. Congrats on your new purchase and ride safe.
Old 17th September 2009, 08:31   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Contentment is natural wealth, Luxury is artificial poverty
Socrates

Emmanuel Kant in one of his essays talks of the difference between the feeling of sublime and the beautiful and shows how the northern and southern Europe is conditioned by these different sensibilities and how it is reflected in their distinct lifestyles and their sense of design. In many ways, our decisions and our choices in every aspect of life rest upon a sum total of needs and inclinations derived from a very complex set of attributes. The car we buy and the amount of satisfaction we derive from it is, similarly, affected by these complex parameters—different for different individuals.
Fantastic begining for a new phase of car ownership
congratulations on your new (SU) vehicle

I am sure it will make you drive many many more miles
Drive safe, have fun
Old 17th September 2009, 11:10   #24
BHPian

Thank you all for the kind words and best wishes. I am sure this is just the beginning of a new friendship with all of you and I am looking forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Hoopoe - I will guide you in totality. I also own a Scorpio LX. I also wanted my car without claddings. I am attaching one photograph of my black beauty as it is and three photoshopped photographs only for reference. You will observe that I also want my car without the side and rear footsteps / wheelcaps. I did the bull bar exactly as I always wanted it in a Scorpio with the number plate location and the driving light brackets included. When I drive full nights, I just cannot do without my Hellas. For wiring tips, just refer to my post on page 60 of the automobile lighting thread on the forum. I hope you like my car.
Hi Behram,
It is amazing how small this world is. We looked at your Scorpio's photo only before we decided on the LX and I had exclaimed that I want my Scorp like this. My wife also said that we should look for the same bull bar and attach 'Big' lights on it. How interesting. As you can see, we are still undecided about the alloys. But surely, I will take your advice.

BTW, you mention Photoshop. You'd be surprised to know that I work for Adobe. If anyone at any time needs help with these apps just ping me.

I like the design mockups. But, frankly, the current black beauty without rails and black wheels in the most awesome.
Old 17th September 2009, 11:18   #25
BHPian

Happy to see happiness

" ... It has been only two weeks since we have owned the Scorpio mHawk and we seem to have developed a bond with it ..."

Fantastic writeup. Its absolutely beautiful when you go after what you love, and love it more when you get it. I do believe simplicity & functionality are the essences of beauty.
Old 17th September 2009, 11:33   #26
BHPian

Congrats hoopoe !! on your buy.
I too was once fascinated by Scorpio, but eventually brought a Safari on August 24, 2009. Both are excellent India vehicles built for Indian roads & conditions. Nice pics of your Jaipur trip. We too are planning a trip to Rajasthan.

Cheers and enjoy your vehicle. Drive safe.
Old 17th September 2009, 14:27   #27
BHPian

Congrats on ur new possession.This discussion is going on in another thread as well, but would like to know your views. What do u think of your vehicles brakes? I mean do you find them adeqaute and assuring enough even without the ABS?
Old 17th September 2009, 15:01   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
What do u think of your vehicles brakes? I mean do you find them adeqaute and assuring enough even without the ABS?
Hi. Adequate is a subjective term. All I can think of is to compare with other non-ABS but supposedly 'safe' vehicles and answer in that context. I found the brakes quite scary at the time I drove it off the showroom but the sales lady assured me that the brakes will improve (I also had prio experience of driving Scorps of 1st/2nd generation and knew that brakes are much better). Compared to Qualis, the braking is a bit inferior but, mind you Scorp has a higher GC. Compared to Safari, the brakes are much better. And oh, after almost thee weeks, the brakes have definitely improved. If you have used Qualis and find the brakes good then you won't have any problem on Scorp (just keep your instinct to speed up in check since Scorp zooms to past 80kmpl in a blink).

What I found, though, is that with the ABS, the brakes on the Scorp are fantastic.
Old 17th September 2009, 21:28   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Hoopoe - yes, the world is small indeed, it is nice to know that you chose the LX because of my car. However, although there are many really passionate people like us (teamBHPians), unfortunately, I am sure you will agree that all of us must be daily coming across a dime a dozen guys who cannot eat, breathe, sleep and live cars. They wouldn't understand or wouldn't want to understand. QED.

Anyways, chhodo unko, you would have also noted that my Scorpio does not have the scoop on the bonnet, which further enhances the sleek purposeful look. I have the "luxury" (if I may say so), of doing up my Scorpio "exactly the way I want it". And yes, my Scorpio is now 2 years old, clocked 35000 kms, sprints like a dream and is now due for replacement. Let me see what to do now.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 17th September 2009, 22:08   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
...is now due for replacement. Let me see what to do now.
Dear Behram,
I am a little puzzled with your statement. If your Scorpio is 'due' for replacement although it runs like a dream (I think I am understanding the situation), I guess all you need to do is keep it, if you can, else give it (read sell) to a deserving and loving chap. We can surely find someone who can afford to pay the correct price. Or, let me know how I can be of help .
-Anil

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks