Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2009, 17:39   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
I can live without all these gizmos in a vehicle. As I said, the absence of a rear wiper is the only thing that bothers me. It doesn't make a difference when it's not raining; but during monsoons, compromised rear vision, specially while driving on highways is an invitation to disaster.

EDIT: @ shishir_bn: I'd already gone through the M & M Scorpio site with a fine tooth comb. Thanks for the link, anyway! :-)

Cheers,
Vikram
Monsoons is less of a problem dusty roads are worse , SUV throw a lot of dust and rear windshield gets covered with thick layer of dust in no time on country roads or even so many diversions on highways .
A rear wiper and washer is must in SUV.
Also electrically controlled OVRM are must in vehicle of this size , You can not adjust dynamically the left OVRM quickly with out stopping as it is too far away for human reach.

Rest of the gizmos are well to say politely not that much of use.
Old 8th December 2009, 17:41   #62
Senior - BHPian

Hoopoe,
Wonderful pics, the one in front of the tent is my favourite. Happy Motoring!
Old 8th December 2009, 17:47   #63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Ya Dev trying to stretch my legs for this BEAST(lots of commitment, but can't help seeing it on the road when others drive). Sorry Hoopoe for hijacking the thread.
Give it a real hard push and I m sure you will make it. You could scout around for a pre owned one as well in case you are interested.

Hoopoe, awesome pictures. That small house beside which the truck was parked, is that your house by any chance?
Old 8th December 2009, 17:56   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Give it a real hard push and I m sure you will make it. You could scout around for a pre owned one as well in case you are interested.

Hoopoe, awesome pictures. That small house beside which the truck was parked, is that your house by any chance?
I am seeing for a pre-owned one also but scared at the same time as we don't know where all the beast would have been taken.

Hoopoe some of the beast snaps please. getting addicted to it
Old 8th December 2009, 21:21   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Nice photos! Hoopoe, you have a great eye for visuals!
Is this a Silver coloured Scorpio or a Rocky Beige one?
Thank you for the compliments.
This is a grey variant (not Rocky beige).

I agree that rear wiper is perhaps the only thing I really miss. All else is 'nice to have but not really necessary'.
Old 8th December 2009, 21:23   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Hoopoe some of the beast snaps please. getting addicted to it
Hehehe. I'll soon shoot some drooly photos of the beast and post them just for you.
Old 9th December 2009, 08:49   #67
Senior - BHPian

hey buddy, nice pics...

so even you have a scorpio & innova?!!!
Old 9th December 2009, 10:07   #68
Senior - BHPian

Hoopoe waiting for the beast snaps. So finally after 5 pages Raj jas replied. Good
Old 9th December 2009, 20:18   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hoopoe waiting for the beast snaps. So finally after 5 pages Raj jas replied. Good

it seems you were waiting for my reply!

but check post #19!

Last edited by raj_5004 : 9th December 2009 at 20:22.
Old 10th December 2009, 10:26   #70
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Also, We would much appreciate your using full & proper english in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 10th December 2009 at 10:47.
Old 10th December 2009, 10:55   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
That small house beside which the truck was parked, is that your house by any chance?
I think you are talking about the mud house where the car is seen from the back. That is Kuldhara village close to Jaisalmer where three centuries ago the entire community in 85 villages left the district in a huff, apparently protesting the extortionist policies of then Prime Minister Salem Singh. Some years ago a bunch of foreigners dug up these well-preserved villages to get to the gold that Indians are in the habit of storing underground after which this village was put under the custody of ASI. The chief's house has been restored to it's original glory and that's where the car is parked.
Old 10th December 2009, 19:37   #72
BHPian

Rear Washer and viper is a definite must in Scorpio , At least the person who is buying this Vehicle is spending almost 8.85 Lakhs on Road ( Blore ) .
And providing these wouldn't increase the cost of Manufacture by a large extend..They can increase the number of rear doors used in SLE+ variants and give some to LX :-)

Another thing that I feel missing in LX is the side cladding. Something which I had mentioned in ' Shankar.Balans' thread too . It just leaves a feel of 'not in the family ' .
I would definitely say that these are some minimal stuffs that a vehicle of this cost should give to the customer.
Old 15th December 2009, 21:06   #73
BHPian

dear hoopoe just went through your thread. glad to see you enjoying your scorpio. you really essayed the scorpio lovers heart pretty well in your initial post. hope your wife gets the time to carry out the designs she wanted to.
regarding you closing the rear door, there is no need to keep anything else open. my uncle had bought a scorpio seeing ours and he would swing real hard to try and close the door and would always curse and swear at it. it was a pretty amusing sight, then i showed him the trick. keep the rear door about two to three inches from its closed position and push it with a gentle frimness. it is bound to shut with ease.
Old 18th December 2009, 19:10   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Roadie View Post
dear hoopoe just went through your thread. glad to see you enjoying your scorpio. you really essayed the scorpio lovers heart pretty well in your initial post. hope your wife gets the time to carry out the designs she wanted to.
regarding you closing the rear door, there is no need to keep anything else open. my uncle had bought a scorpio seeing ours and he would swing real hard to try and close the door and would always curse and swear at it. it was a pretty amusing sight, then i showed him the trick. keep the rear door about two to three inches from its closed position and push it with a gentle frimness. it is bound to shut with ease.
Hi Roadie,
It is amazing how much one gets to learn with a machine like Scorpio. I find that keeping any other door open while shutting the rear door is also a good trick since the problem is with the inside air pressure forming a cushion and stopping the door from closing. I tried your trick and that is simpler. Thanks for the advice.

BTW, if you have noticed, all call centre (or I should spell it as Call-Center) cabs have dents and cracks in the rear doors just because they bang them so hard LOL (this is actually true).

I have also felt that Scorpio, with its bulk yet nibleness, makes it easy for you to lose your composure and try and teach driving lessons to road zombies--in a way training you to keep your wits under control. I find it sort of meditation.

Best regards,
-Hoopoe
Old 18th December 2009, 19:38   #75
BHPian

glad to be of help.
actually i have seen people struggling with the glove box in a few scorpios and trying to slam it in frustration especially a cabbie and then i showed him how to just nudge it in place.
i agree with your point on teaching zombies a lesson
but as the great ben parker once said
with great power comes great responsibility =)

Most Viewed