Team-BHP - Honda City to Jetta .......
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Honda City to Jetta ....... (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/65486-honda-city-jetta.html)

Friends it was Feb 2009 when my one year old Honda City went head on into a stationary truck on the Delhi - Kanpur Highway at 6.00 in the morning with a lot of fog around at a speed of 60-70 kmph , that City model did not have ABS nor did it had any airbags , still we were extremely lucky that the five of us who were there in the car did not got a scratch on our bodies.

Honda City to Jetta .......-photocai4vjl9.jpg

It took almost two months for Honda to repair the damage but I got disgruntled with the car and there began my journey to search for a new car .... my wish list :
1. Anything in the range of Rs 12-Rs 15 lac
2. No preference for Fuel
3. Sedan

I had only four choices Civic, Altis, Laura and Jetta.

I test drove all of them frankly speaking in the city driving condition it hardly made any difference all four were good though Laura M/T was the better of the lot in my opinion.

I was about to finalize Laura M/T ( Elegance) as with my budget it seemed to be the best choice though Jetta A/T was the prefered choice for me but then its cost was disturbing my budget so I decided to compromise with Laura.

Call it luck or destiny the day (July 2009) I was going to give initial booking amount for Laura , a sales person from Jetta called me and told me about their scheme of 0% finance, three years AMC and extended warranty...... but there was a catch the offer was only on color Black and Platinum Grey .... also a couple of dealers informed me it was for 2008 model .... which again was a dampner.

Then I thought lets wait for another month may be by that time GM Cruze would also be launched and I would have one more choice .... then in August 2009 another offer came from VW , finance 4.99% , three years AMC and extended warranty.... though this was higher then the previous offer but this time there were no catches.

Now my calculative mind started all calculations and I came to the conclusion that if I buy Laura M/T Elegance or Jetta A/T my cost of ownership after three years would be equal .... which instantly gave me the comfort to go for "Comfortline" which in any case was what I was looking for from the day I had seen it.

To be Cont......

So what's the final cost of that Honda repair? Are using it now?

Congarts amit7774 for buying a VW Jetta AT.
A lot of Jetta postings in last few weeks.
Good car for its price.

Oh man the picture shows the posture of the Accident.
Seriously i was dump once i saw this photo.
Almighty will be with you always.
Enjoy and Drive Safe.

Amit: I'd say an excellent choice made finally. Congratulations! Has the Jetta been delivered? Do post your thoughts on the drive and some pictures. Are you getting the one with the DSG box?

We must complement the Honda. the crash/crumple cage really worked. i see almost no distortion in the chassis from the cage onwards. i am surprised it did not redouble your faith in Honda - after all it saved you life, and also no injuries!!

Amit, welcome to the Jetta club. Hope you have many many hours of trouble free, safe but quick travelling! The six speed DSG gearbox is terrific, plus the solid build, and taut ride gives you a feeling of indestructibility at that price point. Plus the eight airbags.

If you have any information on accessories such as i. sun film and ii. parking sensors as aftermarket fitments. do share these with us...

Happy motoring.
Regards

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudra Sen (Post 1483725)
So what's the final cost of that Honda repair? Are using it now?

Na I sold it ... the cost of repair was almost 3.3 lac of which I got insurance of about 2.5lac
Quote:

Originally Posted by NevGin (Post 1483735)
Amit: I'd say an excellent choice made finally. Congratulations! Has the Jetta been delivered? Do post your thoughts on the drive and some pictures. Are you getting the one with the DSG box?

Jetta is with me ... will be posting my experience and snaps of it very soon....yeah its with DSG

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 1483868)
We must complement the Honda. the crash/crumple cage really worked. i see almost no distortion in the chassis from the cage onwards. i am surprised it did not redouble your faith in Honda - after all it saved you life, and also no injuries!!

Faith is there with Honda but the product is not there with the Honda...they should seriously think of upgrading CIVIC and that facelift is very cosmetic doesnt enhance the value... incidentally my five year old son was adamant on CIVIC!!!!

Hey Amit,

Congratulations on your new Jetta
wish you many many accident free miles

the photograph is indeed very depressing. But thank GOD and Honda
all of you are safe and sound, that is what matters.
I agree with your decision of selling the car.

hope Jetta will provide you with Happier moments.

First of all, very sad about your Honda City. Pic explains it all.
Thank God you all are safe.

Congrats on your new car. Pl. post some pic of the new Jetta
Drive Safe.

Amit, good to see you safe after that mishap you posted.congratulations on your new buy and post more details, ownership report along with pictures of your jetta.

Oh man thats a nasty one! thank god that the passenger shell was intact and none of the passengers were injured.

Congratz on the new purchase and may you have many niggle free kms with the Jetta.

Amit, very happy to know everyone escaped from the accident without loss, it must have been quite an impact, and a thoroughly disturbing experience. You've got a tank now, the build quality is fantastic and I'm assuming, as reassuring are the safety features. Awaiting your review of the Jetta DSG !!

Jetta is a wonderful car. Congrats on your purchase. Please do post the pics :)