Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2010, 15:07   #61
BHPian

Many congrats for completing 1 year, wish you many more happy years with it.

15K+ sounds good, what is the average FE you are getting.
Old 29th March 2010, 10:52   #62
BHPian

Many congratulations on finishing one year of ownership. The car looks in great shape and its good that you are getting a very good FE. The up-keep costs of City are pretty economical. I am sure you'll have many more wonderful years of ownership going forward.
Old 18th April 2010, 20:11   #63
BHPian

17,000 km up

Hi friends,
The car has completed 17,000 km.The invoice of 15,000 km is attached with this post.

There are no major complaints at this point of time.

I had felt a small “tic tic” sound from right front door occasionally. I think it came up after the window film installation. I was unable to demonstrate it to the SA during the test drive. Still they opened the door pad and checked it. So far there is no sound.

The service experience has been very good so far.Which ever car you own always remember to give the car to a reliable Service adviser.

I managed to scratch the right front bumper on the compound wall of my rented house. I was a bit over confident and didn’t notice that the front was too close to the wall while reversing.

Posting few pictures to show the lack of space in the compound.

Many had suggested me not to buy ANHC,since it wont be easy to manage the car in the house. But the relatively small boot of ANHC (compared to NHC), the good reverse sensor (Xenos) and maneuverability of the car made things easy for an average driver like me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Many congratulations on finishing one year of ownership.The up-keep costs of City are pretty economical. I am sure you'll have many more wonderful years of ownership going forward.
Thank you kalyan.If we use the Mineral oil the service cost will be lower.
I am not opting for Mineral oil since the engine is very silent and smooth .I dont want to change anything now.I have also developed the habit of occasionally reving the engine close to 5000 rpm.
ANHC is not very expensive to run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
Many congrats for completing 1 year, wish you many more happy years with it.15K+ sounds good, what is the average FE you are getting.
Thank you.Sorry for the late reply.I was unable to calculate the mileage after 15,000 km service.Will update on it as soon as possible.
Attached Thumbnails
Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-invoice-15000-km.jpg  

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-17000.jpg  

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-mileage-approx.jpg  

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-scratch-1.jpg  

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-scratch-2.jpg  

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-shed-1.jpg  

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-shed-2.jpg  

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-shed-3.jpg  

Old 18th April 2010, 21:39   #64
BHPian

First of all congratulations on completing 1 year.
More than the portiko space I feel the road is very narrow and don't you find it hard to cut through into the gate? That's what it looks like in the 6th pic. I may be wrong.
Old 18th April 2010, 22:31   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
More than the portiko space I feel the road is very narrow and don't you find it hard to cut through into the gate? That's what it looks like in the 6th pic. I may be wrong.
Hi jayanth,
you are right,the road is very narrow !.It is very difficult even to give side to motor bikes.I took the test drive four times through the lame.But the road ends in a wider road with in 50 meters.In Trivandrum we have a lot of narrow lanes.As far as possible I avoid getting into them.

Saw your update.Your car is shining.

Last edited by Mevtec : 18th April 2010 at 22:33.
Old 18th April 2010, 23:25   #66
BHPian

HI Mevtec,
That is one of the best combination of cars you have. The racer (swift) and relaxer(honda). I was looking for used car and had confusion between swift and NHC. I have PMed you my queries, please reply soon as I have to go to a dealer tomorrow to see some of these cars and would like to finalize soon.
Old 19th April 2010, 21:41   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anandg View Post
HI Mevtec,
That is one of the best combination of cars you have. The racer (swift) and relaxer(honda). I was looking for used car and had confusion between swift and NHC. Please reply soon as I have to go to a dealer tomorrow to see some of these cars and would like to finalize soon.
Dear Anand my advise is to go for the used Swift.It will be cheaper to own and maintain .Swift will be better to run over the bumps in Bangalore.NHC will be costlier to maintain.Fuel efficiency of NHC may be similar to Swift petrol in Bangalore traffic.
Old 20th April 2010, 10:19   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mevtec View Post
I managed to scratch the right front bumper on the compound wall of my rented house. I was a bit over confident and didn’t notice that the front was too close to the wall while reversing
Oh, thats bad, it hurts. Our ANHC has a bad scratch at the very same place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mevtec View Post
Posting few pictures to show the lack of space in the compound.
Well, when I see the space left around your car(around 3 feet) when it is parked in your portico, I realize that we have even lesser space left(~2 feet) after parking the ANHC at my home(look at the second photograph here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1658623).

The street in front of my house is very wide and its easy for me to turn and drive-in. While driving-in and out, I do not turn the wheel at all, I go straight both ways, I only turn the wheel once 90% of my car is on the street.

Since you say its a rented place, is moving elsewhere an option that you have considered?
Old 28th June 2010, 01:35   #69
BHPian

Fill it, Shut it and Rev it – regardless of the fuel price! – ANHC the amazing car

20000 km update and Mileage report

Hi friends for a few months I am only reading team-bhp without much contribution. Mainly because of lack of time and energy. I also want to contribute as a responsible Bhpian.I hope my post will be helpful to everyone.

I have crossed 20,000 trouble free and exciting kilometers in ANHC.According to me the car lives up to the hype. The car is equally good in city and the highway. Never had any dealer related issues (Peninsular Honda, TVM and Cochin) in the last 6 years for NHC (2004) and ANHC (March 2009).

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-20000km.jpg

Mileage update

Method:Tankful to tankful method

Fuel:Extra premuim Petrol IOC.Thinking of using regular petrol after the price rise.Any suggestion friends?

City means Trivandrum.Usually in off-peak hour traffic.

Highway – in two lane highway (MC road) not easy to overtake.
Now I take a new highway whenever possible (Kazhakootam- Venjaramoodu) to reach my work place.It is a wider two lane highway where the traffic is less and its easy to overtake.

Driving style
I am a defensive driver. I try to be as smooth as possible. Still the iVTEC and some irritating road racers begs to rev it. So revs past 4500 rpm 3 to 4 times per 100km.

Some drivers have a habit of flashing their headlights to give them way when there is no space to overtake. I usually send everyone through. Sometimes this becomes very irritating when the guy in the back lacks speed.

So without being dangerous I sometimes does a shift at about 4500rpm.It usually leads to the disappearance of the challenger from the rear view mirror and takes him about 10 minutes to catch up when I resume normal driving. Sorry if you feel I am arrogant and irresponsible. I wrote these lines just out of excitement.

I changed my driving style a bit. Now I shift to fifth after 60km/hr.Honda recommends shift from 4th to 5th at 85 km/hr.I think this has helped to improve the mileage.

Mileage was calculated in four different situations after the 15000 km service.

A,My daily usage at (maximum) – 40% City and 60% highway – 80% AC
72.2 km needed 4.76 L = 15.17 km/l ( Trip computer showed 18.6 km/l ie error +3.4 km/l)

B,231.5 km in 40% City and 60% highway .80% AC
Needed 14.66 L = 15.79 km/l ( Trip computer showed 17.7 ie error +2.0 km/l)

C, 486.2 km in 40% City and 60% highway. 80%AC
Needed 32.36 L = 15.02 km/l ( Trip computer showed 17.2 ie error +2.18 km/l)

D, Car was on duty for brother-in-law’s engagement.
500.5 km (60% highway)+ about 20 minute idle with AC.
Needed 33.3 L of petrol.
500.5/33.3 = 15.03 km/l (Trip computer showed 17.5 ie error +2.5 km/l)

Error in trip computer may be aggravated by my habit of taking the foot off the accelerator for a few seconds. This can lead to the calculation of mileage upto 40km/l .Which is not possible to attain. But the rate of deceleration of ANHC is lower than NHC when we take the foot off the accelerator.

Hope this is useful to all.More updates to follow.
Attached Thumbnails
Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-20000-c.jpg  

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-20000-km-d.jpg  

Old 28th June 2010, 11:16   #70
BHPian

Congratulations on completing 20k. Glad to hear that ANHC lives up to it's reputation. Reagarding the tic tic sound you reported earlier in the thread, has that been sorted out?
I get a mild rattling noise from the left front door only when I try to move after the initial start. However when the engine has settled down to 800 rpm, rattling is not heard. What do you recommend?
Old 28th June 2010, 12:03   #71
BHPian

Many congratulations on completing the 20k milestone. This thread had been of significant importance when I decided to go for an ANHC and this update of yours just proves to me that I was not wrong in choosing this car.

A nice write-up on the mileage there. About the fuel, IMHO, you can shift to the regular unleaded petrol. In the past, I have used IOCL Extra Premium petrol in my Santro for about two years and did not see any significant impact.
Old 4th July 2010, 13:07   #72
BHPian

Testing times for ANHC

Dear friends some more updates on ANHC.I have added some more dents to ANHC.

1,The car was used for my younger brother in law's marriage.After the function I was taking the newly wed to the house.The photograghers who where shooting the event were in the front of the car as it was coming out of the auditorium.I had to drive through a small incline and then take a "U" turn to enter the main road.

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-big-hit-1a.jpg

Since I was thinking about how ANHC will look in the video I misjudged the turn and took the turn a bit earlier!ANHC due to its sharp turning radius went over the last part of the incline and the underbody and the rear bumper hit the edge of the incline with a big thud.I thought the rear bumper had ripped off.But ANHC took the impact well.

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-marriage-2.jpg

The flowers in the front of the car may be another reason for the misjudgement.I am looking for excuses.

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-big-hit-1.jpg

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-big-hit-2.jpg

It shows ANHC not very fragile!

2,Got hit by a bike in the rear bumper.I was going slow through a narrow road and did not do any hard braking.The guy didnot stop and escaped .I stopped and the there was a big dent in the bumper.But some of the dent got rectified when I gave a push.

This photo is taken after the initial push inside the bumper.

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-img_0271.jpg

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-img_0272.jpg

"Self help is the best help"

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-img_0274.jpg

At home I tried to straighten it out to some extend.

3,This occured when I parked in the parking slot of my hospital.Distracted by a friends car.

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-img_0275.jpg

It seems this time HASS will not touch up my scratches for free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Many congratulations on completing the 20k milestone. This thread had been of significant importance when I decided to go for an ANHC and this update of yours just proves to me that I was not wrong in choosing this car.

Oh, thats bad, it hurts. Our ANHC has a bad scratch at the very same place.
Thank you kalyan for the encouragement.I hope this thread is useful to others.Many more scrathes have been added in the last 5000km.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
Congratulations on completing 20k. Glad to hear that ANHC lives up to it's reputation. Reagarding the tic tic sound you reported earlier in the thread, has that been sorted out?

I get a mild rattling noise from the left front door only when I try to move after the initial start. However when the engine has settled down to 800 rpm, rattling is not heard. What do you recommend?

The street in front of my house is very wide and its easy for me to turn and drive-in. Since you say its a rented place, is moving elsewhere an option that you have considered?

Well, when I see the space left around your car(around 3 feet) when it is parked in your portico, I realize that we have even lesser space left(~2 feet) after parking the ANHC at my home

Thank you Jayanth.The tic tic sound from the right door disappeared when I reached the service centre!.But they opened the door pad and checked.The sound did not appear after that.

Some sounds which come from the left front door can be from the seat belt which is not properly placed in its slot(in the B pillar).I have heard some strange sounds from the back,which was found to be from the seat belt in the back seat.

Another source of sound from the back is the warning triangle and its box,especially when the box is open.I actually made one service adviser really confused when I demonstrated a big sound from the boot in rough roads.Later found that the culprit was the plastic box.

But a real rattle(which was there in the Swift) remains the same always and aggravates on rough roads.

I saw the photo of you car parked.But the road in front of my house is very narrow.Will post a picture on it later.The house is in a prime location.It is near to my kid's school and wife's office.So moving out is not an option now.But I had considered moving out if ANHC is having a tough time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anandg View Post
HI Mevtec,
That is one of the best combination of cars you have. The racer (swift) and relaxer(honda)
Sorry to differ Anand.ANHC is the racer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
Many congrats for completing 1 year, wish you many more happy years with it.15K+ sounds good, what is the average FE you are getting.
Thank you.I have updated the milieage report.Hows your car?

Last edited by Mevtec : 4th July 2010 at 13:18.
Old 4th July 2010, 13:22   #73
BHPian

Not able to drive much

Dont ask, dont know but i am not getting enough opportunities to drive my ANHC blame it on Delhi's summer or whatever, even on weekends i am not going anywhere.

I have drove only 4100KM in 4.5 months :'-(

I was not able to see the pics initially, but now i can see them, they are quite a lot.

I had brushed my right rear door and the arch over wheel with a zen, initially it was looking very bad and ugly, went to Honda and they said 7500 for denting painting if i dont go for insurance. I asked for some cheap option in friendly manner and pat came the reply, "rub it gently and use some water, all the brushes are actually the paint of other car". Wow it really helped, did that and it more than 90% was corrected.

Now I need to use some scratch out and then a fine waxing.

Last edited by TheBeastFieast : 4th July 2010 at 13:28.
Old 30th July 2010, 02:09   #74
BHPian

Service update - 20,000 km

Dear friends,
Did the 20,000 km service 2 weeks back. Wanted to post the details earlier, but delayed due to laziness. Just now saw the 20,000 service update of StarVegabond and I got the motivation to write my experience.Thank you StarVegabond.

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-car-20000-.jpg

The car is as good as new even after 21,000km.No issues so far. Still in love with the 1.5 iVTEC.The car is a joy to own. Honda should be appreciated for providing such good car with an amazing engine,which is trouble free from day one.

Average mileage varies between 13 to 15 km/L in 40% city and 60% highway run(80% AC).

The built quality of the car is good. Rear bumper was hit twice by bikers and once by me. The bumper just needed a touch up at the service centre. All my scratches were touched up free at the dealership. Planning to do a Teflon coating later.

Service experience so far – 9/10.No problems were faced in the service of NHC (Peninsular Honda, Cochin) and ANHC (Peninsular Honda, Trivandrum).

What I like the most in ANHC

1, The power and efficiency of i VTEC.

2, The ‘arrow shot’ design.

3, Comfort of the front and back seats.

4, The ICE.

Don’t worry about

1, Ground Clearance (GC) – I have tested the strength of the underbody in extreme conditions. Please refer my previous post.

GC is similar to NHC.It is not a problem unless you put three 100kg+ friends in the backseat. No need to get anxious about the occasional scraping sound. Underbody has better protection than NHC.

2, Handling – the car is stable at sane speeds. My car came on Michelins. I have driven some not so tight bends at 70 – 80 km/hr.The car felt surefooted and has a good feed back from the steering.

Engine bay at 20,000km.No rusting.

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-engine-bay-20000-km.jpg

Peace of mind

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-coolant-replacement.jpg

Tyres (Stock Michelin) at 20,000km.

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-1tyres-20000.jpg

Interiors -Very Good quality. No problems with plastics.No rattles.

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-interior-2-20000.jpg

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-interior-20000.jpg

Service Invoice.

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-service-invoice-20000.jpg

Alingnment and wheel balancing was done from outside.

Thank you for following the thread.Will keep updatiing.
Old 23rd August 2010, 00:39   #75
Senior - BHPian

Mevtec, I just read through your whole thread in one go now.

Fantastic thread and really superb car!
Love the way your writing has great attention to detail as well as plenty of pics.

This thread is an excellent resource for anyone planning on getting an ANHC.

Keep posting

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks