Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2009, 08:43   #31
Senior - BHPian

Third JAZZ in T-Bhp.Congrats.Any plan for future mods.
Did the fog lamps came along with the vehicle or was it an accessory?
Old 22nd September 2009, 18:46   #32
akp
BHPian

Hi cpyder, are you keeping track of FE figures based on full tank to full tank calculation, and comparing them with the tripmeter FE reading that the car computer displays? If yes, could you share those figures? What I am primarily interested in is the correction you have to apply to the tripmeter FE to get the actual FE. I have now started recording both these figures, and there is a difference of about 0.9 to 1.1 (e.g. if actual FE is 12 kmph, tripmeter shows 12.9 or 13.1). Only twice the actual FE was more than 2 less than the tripmeter reading, and both occasions, the petrol pump guy did not set it to auto-cut and filled it till it started overflowing. So once one knows this correction term, it should be possible to detect petrol pumps/attendants who cheat by weight/volume.
Old 24th September 2009, 19:39   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Third JAZZ in T-Bhp.Congrats.Any plan for future mods.
Did the fog lamps came along with the vehicle or was it an accessory?
Thanks Ramsagar. As of now no plans on mods. Fog lamps came as accessory on extra payment of 12k.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akp View Post
Hi cpyder, are you keeping track of FE figures based on full tank to full tank calculation, and comparing them with the tripmeter FE reading that the car computer displays? If yes, could you share those figures? What I am primarily interested in is the correction you have to apply to the tripmeter FE to get the actual FE. I have now started recording both these figures, and there is a difference of about 0.9 to 1.1 (e.g. if actual FE is 12 kmph, tripmeter shows 12.9 or 13.1). Only twice the actual FE was more than 2 less than the tripmeter reading, and both occasions, the petrol pump guy did not set it to auto-cut and filled it till it started overflowing. So once one knows this correction term, it should be possible to detect petrol pumps/attendants who cheat by weight/volume.
Sigh! I had kept the fuel bills in the car itself. Unfortunately, before i could actually calculate the FE, someone labeled those as waste papers and trashed them. What I vaguely remember, it was about 35 Liters both times. From the data that I remember, it works out to 14 kmpl as of now, tripmeter showing 13. So, it seems to be higher in actual case. But as I said, its not concrete.
Old 24th September 2009, 22:29   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpyder View Post
...P.S. - The place I am staying right now, is terribly infested with ants. I wonder how these crawlies find an entry to ONE tiny speck of breadcrumb in the center of the passenger seat! And from where do they inside? Any ideas to prevent these unwanted passengers?
Keep your car clean.

anyways congratulations!. nice write up. more pictures will do justice.
Old 26th September 2009, 01:15   #35
Senior - BHPian

Love the Jazz. Congratulations
Old 26th September 2009, 13:03   #36
BHPian

Congrats !!! Having owned all 3 generations of the City, i must warn you, you will fall in love with Honda ...

The cars are so low on maintenance. i dont rememeber any instance of a part ever which failed and left me stranded anywhere..
Old 26th September 2009, 17:05   #37
BHPian

I simply love the Jaaz. It's a pity that it is overpriced. Neverthless, Congrats cpyder.The car looks cool. Can we have more pics please?
Old 27th September 2009, 00:25   #38
Senior - BHPian

Great buy!

Spunky little engine for city driving. I somehow think it would have looked a little better were it not this long, but then that is of course it's USP.

Don't worry about the overpricing part, with a Honda you will most probably recover it through the low maintenance cost.

Congrats on the buy again! And awaiting more pics!
Old 27th September 2009, 10:29   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Congrats !!! Having owned all 3 generations of the City, i must warn you, you will fall in love with Honda ...

The cars are so low on maintenance. i dont rememeber any instance of a part ever which failed and left me stranded anywhere..
I remember us talking to a friend of ours who said, 'now that you have booked jazz, you will repent in years to come.' and our hearts sank. He continued 'the car would continue to perform without any niggles and you would not have an excuse to change it.'
Old 27th September 2009, 11:09   #40
BHPian

Quote:
I remember us talking to a friend of ours who said, 'now that you have booked jazz, you will repent in years to come.' and our hearts sank. He continued 'the car would continue to perform without any niggles and you would not have an excuse to change it.'
As a Honda owner I second that statement.

BTW, Congrats !!! Drive safe

TIP : Always do the upholstery cleaning, wheel balancing & rotation works from a reputed non Honda service center, so that you can save some money.

Last edited by vvvinod : 27th September 2009 at 11:16.
Old 27th September 2009, 18:44   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Great buy!

Spunky little engine for city driving. I somehow think it would have looked a little better were it not this long, but then that is of course it's USP.

Don't worry about the overpricing part, with a Honda you will most probably recover it through the low maintenance cost.

Congrats on the buy again! And awaiting more pics!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvvinod View Post
As a Honda owner I second that statement.

BTW, Congrats !!! Drive safe

TIP : Always do the upholstery cleaning, wheel balancing & rotation works from a reputed non Honda service center, so that you can save some money.
Ah, being long (albeit slightly) is perhaps makes it just a little more palatable for its price, where you say that it is almost a sedan. But then, i20 is longer than Jazz. Where Jazz wins is the intelligent use of that small space and its design which makes it visually longer.

Guys, i am a little busy for next one week, so pics will take at least that much time. But they would be here for sure. I do not want to take some pic and post it here. They better convey what they should so that would take a little time.
Old 29th September 2009, 03:09   #42

Congrats on the Jazz! It looks very beautiful and the color is very catchy. Good choice!
Old 29th September 2009, 09:50   #43
BHPian

Congrats on your new Jazz. Hope you have many many fond memories of the car as time goes on

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Congrats. Once you get a Honda it does not feel overpriced any more! i am waiting for the 1.5 AT Jazz next year.
I totally agree. When I bought my Honda City ZXi, I heard so many reviews from the non technical folk as well as from the qualified car fans that I was confused for a moment. One gentleman even went on to say that with me living in the congested quarter of Pune City the Honda City was a complete waste of 7.7 Lakhs I had paid for it. It was just an ego show on my part. (I returned his compliment with interest ) but now two years on I really feel that my decision at that time was justified. I love my car and I don't think it was overpriced at all
Old 29th September 2009, 12:00   #44
BHPian

Congrats for the beast ,play safe
Old 30th September 2009, 20:45   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Ramsagar. As of now no plans on mods. Fog lamps came as accessory on extra payment of 12k.

Sigh! I had kept the fuel bills in the car itself. Unfortunately, before i could actually calculate the FE, someone labeled those as waste papers and trashed them. What I vaguely remember, it was about 35 Liters both times. From the data that I remember, it works out to 14 kmpl as of now, tripmeter showing 13. So, it seems to be higher in actual case. But as I said, its not concrete.
lovely color. keep the pics coming

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks