Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2009, 19:14   #46
BHPian

Dad just bought a Jazz, for himself. The car is good, but definitely over priced. Well we got Michelin xm1's on the car. It is a Metallic maroon colour. It drives really well, small potholes & cracks in the roads are not felt at all. The ICE is pretty decent too. The fog lamps are sold as aceessory for about 12-15 k in the showroom, we got it outside for about 5.5k. The display is showing a mileage of about 12.8 to 13 kmpl. Rest will come later.

CHEERS,
G D
Old 1st October 2009, 20:01   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P180V1 View Post
Dad just bought a Jazz, for himself. The car is good, but definitely over priced. Well we got Michelin xm1's on the car. It is a Metallic maroon colour. It drives really well, small potholes & cracks in the roads are not felt at all. The ICE is pretty decent too. The fog lamps are sold as aceessory for about 12-15 k in the showroom, we got it outside for about 5.5k. The display is showing a mileage of about 12.8 to 13 kmpl. Rest will come later.

CHEERS,
G D
congrats!! how about some pics!

and the maroon colour is that different than the red. or they are the same?
Old 2nd October 2009, 09:19   #48
BHPian

hiii all here,
this is my first post here and thanks all,congrats for jazz its a wonderful car,no doubt its a pricey car but after owning it proves the worth paid,i also brought a new jazz and a black one so will try starting a new thread on it.....
Old 2nd October 2009, 10:38   #49
BHPian

Congratulations P180V1 and pratik. That makes two more Jazz'es in the community. 'The team' is getting jazzier by the day.. err.. week.

Last edited by cpyder : 2nd October 2009 at 10:40.
Old 2nd October 2009, 11:43   #50
BHPian

"I remember a bhpian complaining about back pain in Honda City as well. Could not relocate that thread again."

On my thread too. Congrats on the Jazz. If you are okay with the price and you don't need a boot, its a great car.
Old 2nd October 2009, 17:59   #51
BHPian

Even boot is not a problem. With about 380 ltrs of space, it is just a tad short of a few full size sedans. Add to that the typical flexibility of a hatch and it just becomes wonderful. At the same time, Jazz adds its 'magic seats' to give flexibility a new meaning.

P.S. - How much does one use the boot space anyway?
Old 3rd October 2009, 08:38   #52
BHPian

hii all,
yesterday we took a short trip from indore to ujjain(a holy place) i tried a funny thing by taking a foldable bed with me and while returning i tried sleeping by folding the seat but it was amazing iam personally 5feet 10 inches in height and slept straight without even folding my legs.....
Old 3rd October 2009, 16:22   #53
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratikjammy87 View Post
i tried a funny thing by taking a foldable bed with me and while returning i tried sleeping by folding the seat but it was amazing iam personally 5feet 10 inches in height and slept straight without even folding my legs.....
You have got to be kidding me! Can we have some pictures of your innovative setup?

That said, please don't do this again on the highway. It's too dangerous (no seatbelts to hold you in place).
Old 3rd October 2009, 18:44   #54
BHPian

hii GTO,
i still dont believe that you replied to me,by the ways heartliest thanks to because of you i planned to buy jazz as i went thru your review,i was really torn out between jazz and i20 but then finally on 1 point jazz won was because it has a base collector down the engine,which collects the engine and protects it from further impact whereas in i20 the engine falls on road and even it does not have a chasis protector which means a lot here in indore as our roads are worst here,and sure i will upload the pics soon as iam the first in forum to bring a black colour jazz
by the ways again thanks......

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
You have got to be kidding me! Can we have some pictures of your innovative setup?

That said, please don't do this again on the highway. It's too dangerous (no seatbelts to hold you in place).
Old 3rd October 2009, 19:15   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
congrats!! how about some pics!

and the maroon colour is that different than the red. or they are the same?
Thank you everybody, this is on behalf of my dad. The maroon & the red colour are the same. It looks like red in the catalogue, but it is actually Maroon. What ever the colour is it's beautiful. I LOVE IT.

CHEERS,
G D
Old 3rd October 2009, 22:38   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratikjammy87 View Post
hii GTO,
i still dont believe that you replied to me,by the ways heartliest thanks to because of you i planned to buy jazz as i went thru your review,i was really torn out between jazz and i20 but then finally on 1 point jazz won was because it has a base collector down the engine,which collects the engine and protects it from further impact whereas in i20 the engine falls on road and even it does not have a chasis protector which means a lot here in indore as our roads are worst here,and sure i will upload the pics soon as iam the first in forum to bring a black colour jazz
by the ways again thanks......
I did not know that!! Thanks for bringing that out. Although Jazz does need such protection given its low GC.

But, as GTO asked, even I am curious about your folding bed inside Jazz. How did you do that? any pics? Or are we missing some point here>
Old 4th October 2009, 08:22   #57
BHPian

hiii all,
its very easy,as i travel a lot so bought a army inflating bed,you need not to do much just fold down the seats,then fill in the air in the bed just spread it vertically and all set to go( ahhhhh haaa kya sukun bhari thi woh raat),i will surely upload the pics actually my cybershot has gone for some repairing work when it comes i will surely upload some pics
Old 4th October 2009, 08:34   #58
BHPian

by the ways i forgot to mention before buying jazz i tried emailing/faxing honda company regarding the pricing issue iam attaching the email which i sent-

Sir/Madam,

Regards I myself Pratik Shah from indore(m.p) a potential buyer of
Honda products.This letter is been meant for concern of the current
pricing of ANHC and Jazz.I really like all your products and services
but during the current period iam been concerned about the prices at
which the jazz and ANHC are placed for acknowledgement jazz in indore
is 7.70lc on road for the standard version which is almost 1.50 lc
high then the current competitor Hyundai i20 asta with more features
on board(climate control,usb,4airbags,good interiors etc) and cheaper
too so all potential buyers of jazz in my knowledge opted out for i20
and about my current position I planned to buy a ANHC but it went out
of my budget as it costs woophing 9.20lc here and looking at jazz it
is also very much pricey and putting me in confusion whether to buy it
or not.As the current situation in market people have developed a
mindset that Honda is taking grant of the buyers and cheating them
with the prices(day light robbery) iam attaching some of the frequent sites visited by
the people where they left their feedback for your reference-
Honda Jazz User Reviews - Honda Jazz Owner Feedback - CarWale.com
Autocar India Forums: OVERPRICING OF HONDA CARS
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-review-2.html
Honda Jazz is here at Rs 743,000 : Rediff Business News, Latest India business news, India Economy news, World Business, Finance news, Latest business headlines, business videos and business articles.
there are many more to go.I intend to say that as a Honda lover I
don’t want other people to set a negative mindset against Honda,iam
hoping my letter finds your desk and also hoping some corrections are
made before any downfall of sales.Looking forward for reply on this
feedback.
thanking you

sincerely
Pratik Shah

then i got a call from delhi regarding the purchase of jazz where they didnt even mention about any pricing correction but some days later i got a email saying--

Dear Mr.Shah,

This is in reference to your mail received by us.

At the outset we thank you for showing interest in Honda products.

The Honda Jazz is a globally successful model, which is known for its attractive styling, spacious interiors, sporty driving experience, fuel efficiency and safety.

At Honda, it has been our constant endeavour to introduce latest models in the market with advanced technology that meet customer needs and aspirations at a reasonable price. However we are forwarding the feedback to the concerned department.

We assure you that we would always strive to meet our customer expectations.

Thanks & Regards,

Jim Marvyn
Customer Relationship Management
Honda Siel Cars India., Ltd.

which was a formality,then on my end i found out the actual sales figure of honda jazz its close to 25000 units so after this sales figure why would company bother about the prices as sales was pretty good,lets hope our decision doesnt stands wrong..
Old 4th October 2009, 12:18   #59
Senior - BHPian

25k! I have seen 4-5 cars on the road till now. But that is mainly Delhi.

@Jammy

I think most of us took it to be a proper folding bed with the GI pipes and all.
Old 4th October 2009, 13:08   #60
BHPian

the major sales was been seen in pune.As in mumbai less as it costs 8.23lacs, and in indore with 280 units total.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
25k! I have seen 4-5 cars on the road till now. But that is mainly Delhi.

@Jammy

I think most of us took it to be a proper folding bed with the GI pipes and all.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks