Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2009, 17:02   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bought an Alto VX 1.1. EDIT : Update at 20,000 kms.

I too join the proud lot of bhpians who own an Alto VX.

I was on the prowl for an Alto VX for quite some time and after missing some real good Alto VX's due to ill luck, finally located a 2000 December VX 1.1, white, 49016km on the odo, accident free, and stuck the deal immediately without even driving it and took delivery day before yesterday (immediate deal, so as not to get a repeat of a 39000 km 2001 model saga last week when I missed it by the proverbial whisker in a night's duration.I was still to recoup from the hangover of that loss because that silver coloured one was a gem.)

The car has power steering fitted at a delalership by the previous owner.

This was my first drive of this 1.1 ever and man what a gem it is to drive vis-a-vis 800 cc Alto. Can cruise in 5th gear with AC on even at 35kmph smoothly. More about that later alongwith pics.
Old 19th September 2009, 17:47   #2
BHPian

Hi Rajeev, Wonderful and congrats. How much did you seal the deal for? Please do give your initial ownership report and ofcourse along with PICs.

Thanks, Arun
Old 19th September 2009, 17:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

Wasn't power steering standard on the Vx?
Old 19th September 2009, 17:54   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
This was my first drive of this 1.1 ever and man what a gem it is to drive vis-a-vis 800 cc Alto. Can cruise in 5th gear with AC on even at 35kmph smoothly. More about that later alongwith pics.
Congrats! Its surely a pocket rocket.

Amongst WagonR, Zen Estilo and Alto, the F10 D engine feels and drives the best in the Alto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Wasn't power steering standard on the Vx?
It was on the VXi.
Old 19th September 2009, 22:39   #5
BHPian

Rajeev,

Congrats. You'll enjoy driving this car in the crowded city roads. Please post some pictures.
Old 20th September 2009, 00:09   #6
BHPian

Congrats Rajeev,

The alto 1.1 will give you a sheer driving pleasure inside the city. One of my friend owns it and uses it only for Office purpose as he does not want to be delayed by the congested city traffic.

Do post some pictures of your car.
Old 20th September 2009, 11:53   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! I wanted to buy one when I was in the market of a second hand Alto. The only one I could find was a car at Cochin. Didnt get time to check about it and hence bought the 800cc one.

Any idea how much it cost him for the power steering and at which shop he did it? This info should be helpful to many.
Old 20th September 2009, 16:54   #8
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase. I can completely understand your enthusiasm but its seriously not recommended to buy a used car without taking a detailed test drive. I hope everything works out for you. The Alto will give no cause for complaints.
Old 21st September 2009, 09:59   #9
Senior - BHPian

Mr Arun, Beejay, DCGite, Para7K,Aarman, JK Das, Takumi-San,

I would definitely post pics in a couple of day's time.

VX 1.1 do not come with PS which is standard in VXi. In my car, I was told that it was fitted at a Maruti dealership and cost him around 30K then. I also enquired at a local workshop and was told that it would cost 28K.

I paid 150K, knowing well that it is high by around 10K considering Kerala market conditions. 155K was the asking rate of the car which I missed 2 weeks ago sans without PS, but was a real good one.

Test drive before clinching a deal is definitely recommended but in this case I was impressed because was accident free and well maintained.

Thanks friends.
Old 21st September 2009, 10:14   #10
Senior - BHPian

Rajeev, congrats on the new car, is this car a KL-7-AB reg one, with black rub strips on the bumper?? (Not sure if these are still there).
Old 21st September 2009, 10:16   #11
Senior - BHPian

Jay D,
This is KL7 AC.
Old 21st September 2009, 10:20   #12
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! It is a relatively rare car with lot of low end torqe for city driving.
Old 7th October 2009, 11:11   #13
Senior - BHPian

alto vx1.1 update

My Alto clocked 500 kms after buying it. Got it checked at a dealership. They recommended a decarb and finally I agreed though I am against this practice common at all maruti dealerships. Reluctantly I agreed. Got the car tuned also. Nothing else needed as the Truevalue guy has done everything of a regular service befor delivering the car.

No noticable difference in power was felt but the tune up has helped.

There was a Blaupunkt radio/cassette player which was not in working order; only the AIR MW was audible no FMs. Got it checked at Stereotone in Kochi. Initially I thought that the speakers would have been removed before the previous owner sold the car to Truevalue. So I thought of fixing speakers in the rear hatch pad but couldnot as the rear wiper motor was fouling. Then settled for the existing front in dash speakers. On inspection one number was damaged so replaced both. The antenna cable was faylty and hence the FM snag. Replaced and is OK.

I am yet to check the fuel consumption.

Overall is quite satisfied with the purchase and the 500 km "ownership experience".
Old 7th October 2009, 13:46   #14
Senior - BHPian

rajeev; some car accessory guys can help you fix 5.25 or 6inch on doors with/without fiber work. If you like music, I would suggest that you do it.
Old 7th October 2009, 13:55   #15
BANNED

Congrats. Iff you ask me Alto VX( esp. one without the i) was an excellent product which was unnecessarily sacrificed at the altar of brand rationalization. My son had one for almost four years. Also, had an accident where it proved to be very safe. We loved the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks