Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2009, 14:38   #46
BHPian

congrats on the jazz sidindica !!
very good writing and i am eagerly awaiting the next part of the story!
Old 21st September 2009, 17:19   #47
Senior - BHPian

Part 11:

Why wasn't my dad convinced?

'cause the "newly joined " sales person was not able to answer neither my nor dad's queries about the product's attributes vis-a-vis competition. He was showing himself like a romeo, but garbed like a buffoon. Moreover, he was boasting-"sir, its a Honda, its a honda" tag respectively, faltering in front of my dad's vital queries.

My dad retired after 36 years of hardcore job in Marketing and sales in one of the world's leading FMCG MNC. So, convincing him is difficult, very difficult and only persons with good knowledge will be able to convince him.

Yes, he started off well when he came to our house and I was just watching the drama unfold. It was during the long test drive that the sales person was not able to answer certain questions that my dad put up, same when after the drive ended and in our house again, on my counter questioning him, he clearly faltered.

We told him that we will call up them later and my dad after a while called up prime Honda Delhi and told the whole incident to persons whom he knows. And then he told that prime Honda lost a customer in us. Only one hope left: ace Honda. But will it prove to be an ace in the pack?

Situation 2:

We went to ace, all 3 of us personally in our santro and met the sales manager whom I introduced to my parents, again my mom was shocked and asked me
"beta, tum kitne logon ko jaante ho yaha par? kya yeh sahi aadmi hai jis se hum gaadi lenge?"

I told that I tried my best to convince him and you to buy the jazz from ace, going by the awesome treatment and test drive I got here.

While I decided to go out for sometime (went to sterling to test drive the new turbo super ace pickup truck with indica turbo motor 4 cylinder 70 ps at the commercial vehicle outlet at sector 63 noida),

my parents were interacting with him and were impressed, in fact very impressed by the value and courteousness the sales manager had shown to them and they went to see a spanking new alabaster silver jazz on the backyard waiting for a customer, in that case, my parents.

That day was sep 17, 2 days before the first navratra and the scheduled delivery date, 19th september.

After about an hour, I came back after driving that truck (I love that more to the indica turbo), I saw that new jazz car, and boy I can see the happiness in my parents' eyes after a long time.

Dad meanwhile decided to pay the full amount (cash, not finance) at one go (do not ask me why only cash and PS do not assume that I am a rich man), on 19th itself but before that, a PDI checklist was to be performed on the 18th by me, so a time was fixed for about 2: 30 pm.

Went at the stipulated time with t-bhp PDI checklist, inspected every nook and corner of the car, for about an hour and gave my approval and told the SM to keep this model on hold and I also made a light hearted request.... More on that later...

Time comes-19th september, 10:00 AM, jazz in alabaster silver finds a new home and a new customer, that is me and my family. While the car gets ready, the sales manager and my parents shocked me by showing a surprise when I arrived a bit later (was busy in other work, so arrived at 12:00 noon.)

What light hearted request did I make? And what was the surprise?

Find out in the climax soon....
Old 21st September 2009, 17:45   #48
BHPian

Sid. Awesome narration of the story. You have this skill of keeping people glued to your thread.

Keep going. Really waiting for the surprise part.
Old 21st September 2009, 18:57   #49
BHPian

Have kept this thread on my blackberry as i have to leave office in a while. i can't wait for your... ahem the climax. Excellent thread Sid, man you sure know how to write. Refreshing it every 5 min. Keep it coming dude.
Old 21st September 2009, 19:05   #50
Senior - BHPian

The Climax:

The car awaits for delivery, all of us excited, when the sales manager surprises me by giving us the car ready with "active" accessories package for no extra cost.

I just made a small request, if its possible, I will take the delivery of jazz with active accessories package at the price of normal jazz and committed him 2 days before the delivery. I never expected him to take my word so seriously.

Thanks ace Honda and the SM for all his courteousness shown to us. Though the package does not come FOC, these small value additions do help in retaining customers for a long term.

Amount paid was OTR 7,54,244 after adding insurance, road tax, registration, smart card etc to the ex-Delhi cost of 6,98,000, along with the active accessories package for no extra cost.

As of now, there are no plans for further add ons for the next 3 years except maybe seat covers as my dad always wants the car to be stock, he loves it that way. No alloys will be added.

The car comes, pooja is performed at Ganesha temple in our locality and out we go for a dinner on the 19th at sagar ratna, preet vihar, with my dad driving and I enjoying the track-"the heat is on" by agnetha faltskog...

The car does not have a USB jack so now the next thing-is to get an iPOD soon so that I do not get fed up of playing CDs.

I loved the stereo and its sound quality and its more than adequate for playing my 80s Scandinavian pop.

The car right now is on its way to agra where my parents went to show it to my dad's brother and here I am alone typing the whole story...

Well, that's all for now....

Thanks for reading and keep enjoying your one life, so why so serious?

Last edited by sidindica : 21st September 2009 at 19:09.
Old 21st September 2009, 19:08   #51
Senior - BHPian

Unbelievable! i haven't read any car buying experience like this before.
Congrats for the new Jazz in your family!
Old 21st September 2009, 19:31   #52
BHPian

Congrats Sid. Nice purchase. Fantastic writeup. What all active pack accessories you got ?? Hope to see a gleaming red punto join the Jazz in your garage soon . Best of Luck buddy .

Have fun, drive safe.

Last edited by mnhegde : 21st September 2009 at 19:33.
Old 21st September 2009, 20:37   #53
BHPian

Sid,thats awesome writeup, you have beautifully narrated your buying process, it was like reading some interesting novel, three cheers to you.

Again congrats to you and your family.
Old 21st September 2009, 21:58   #54
Senior - BHPian

Excellent write up sid.
Congrats!
I am sure you and your parents wont repent the decision.
Enjoy!
Old 21st September 2009, 22:02   #55
BHPian

Wooow.. got active at no extra cost?? Big congrats for that too. Man.. Am I jealous? My dealer wasnt even ready to give mud-flaps. Had to pay 12k for fog-lights.

What write up. Had me totally glued to the comp.
Old 22nd September 2009, 08:04   #56
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Sid.Its a wise decision taken by ur family.As your mother said,you can use the vehicle for more than 7 years.

Thanks for narrating a very interesting story,you seems to be following the footprints of Samkapasi...haaahhhaaaa
Old 22nd September 2009, 08:22   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Besides, the quality of services provided by many Hyundai workshops started to drop,and after that sunrise fiasco, another reason the i20 was struck off our purchase list.
Well, this has been the major complaint lately and they have paid the price by losing one customer. If they continue like this, they wouls soon lose out on thier A.S.S reliability, after all they are second to MUL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Why didn't you choose the blue or maroon, I feel the Jazz looks better in those colours.
I saw a black and blue Jazz yesterday, and I must admit, the Blue is quite a looker.
Congrats Sid. Brilliant write up.
Old 22nd September 2009, 10:04   #58
BHPian

Congrats on your new Jazz.

Wonderful buying experience, with all members of the family getting involved.
Old 22nd September 2009, 10:21   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks for reading and keep enjoying your one life
Thanks for writing. Enjoyed reading this entire thread.

Quote:
, so why so serious?
cos, this is one seriously good article.
Old 22nd September 2009, 11:21   #60
BHPian

Awesome writeup sidindica.
Kept holding up to the thread till your final climax

Last edited by tush : 22nd September 2009 at 11:22.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks