Team-BHP - Twing-o-twing, I want all my world to sing, I got tupi tupi twing. Honda Jazz
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Twing-o-twing, I want all my world to sing, I got tupi tupi twing. Honda Jazz (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/65792-twing-o-twing-i-want-all-my-world-sing-i-got-tupi-tupi-twing-honda-jazz.html)

Why did it happen?
When did it happen?
Why did my family buy this?
Was it the tight decision?
How will I convince people that we have wisely spent money on a correct product?
Why did it happen so abruptly?
Did it went planned?
How did the decision came out?

Millions of questions to be answered. Perhaps, the toughest decision, the most difficult post of my life here, how will I write it?

It all started 3 months back, but then decisions for a proper urban city hatch were taken with lots of ifs and buts with in the family, like a see saw, like a pendulum.

The Santro is gone, but it stays with the family, with my cousin brother, whom we sold it to. Actually, he doesn't really need a car (he works with a BPO company) but often for small trips he takes an auto rickshaw and I often felt bad and scolded him, even though he can afford to buy a decent sedan.

I think he did the right thing in getting it for a good price.

Don't ask me how much for a 3 year old with 65,000 kms on the odo.
And I don't know how much I will be driving the jazz.

But for rough use and congested city driving, I can always ask my bro to lend the Santro.

To be continued whenever I find proper words to narrate the whole story...

sid, sid, sid........what a surprise!
Now thats the second jazz on the forum in a day (cpyder's another one)
We all expect a VERY detailed report from you, after the standards you have set.
Congratulations, and go on posting!

Hi Sid. A very Warm Congratulations.
I did not expect this (Jazz Active) from your side. I expected you to go for Punto Emotion+ or City V (as you spent around 7.33L).
ANyways, Choice was yours or your family and respect that.
Wish you Happy Driving..........:thumbs up

Post deleted by Team-BHP Support: Do NOT TROLL on this forum. There is absolutely no place for sarcasm or negativity, more so on someones new car ownership thread. Trolling is something that we have a very serious stand against.

We advise you to read our board rules carefully prior to proceeding further.

For now , pictures are saying it all for. Congratulations:)
Hope you have filled up Honda fest contest form, you may get another car for free . You never know :)

Yes, we came close to buy a punto MJD E pack. But Fiat lost a customer. Why?

Congratulations!
Great decision. As a city car it makes better sense then ANHC. A large hatch is more suitable for city and just becasue it costs so much, it doesn't have to have 3 boxes.

The whole story Part 1:

It all started way back in June when the grande punto was launched. It was love at first sight.

That time I had zero knowledge about what exactly reviews are made of and what goes into writing them.

I thought lets give it a shot. I asked myself-what do I want my next car to be?Then god gave me guts to write my first comparo of the diesel hatchbacks.

How did this happen? How did I manage?

to be continued...

Oh my, you're gonna have a hell of a time explaining all the detractors how you could be crazy enough to spend money on a Honda! Surely the H badge is all hot air and marketing gimmicks. Their cars suck yo.

On a more serious note, congratulations! :)

Part 2:

Comparision between i20 CRDi VS ritz DDIS VS punto MJD, three of the fresh, newly launched products in the markets.
Different requirements, different segments, different price points. i20 was expected to be a winner. But why the punto with its mediocre interiors finish and modest performance came out on tops?
Price. Value. Ride and handling. Safety and security. And above all, it acts as a car that appeals to both the head and heart.
Promise of long service intervals of 15000 kms and low cost of service, even though Tata Fiat workshops are awful service providers as compared to Maruti and Hyundai.
I thought-let me listen to my heart and give Fiat a chance.

Ritz again a superb product was third but I said that for city dwellers looking at a decent urban runabout with great mileage, peace of mind on a budget the ritz is for them.

Abrupt ratings and rankings in terms of numbers were used and people were aghast as how come a car (I20) that was winning comfortably lost it abruptly at the end? The reason-price and high cost of ownership in the long run, and I was awful with numbers at that time.

Look at Hyundai's labour rates and some expensive CRDi parts which will hurt the cost of ownership in the long run and you know why the I20 lost it. That time I was just a beginner and I wanted to write more, even bigger.

Every car tested on that review caters to different customers, hence they are free to take a test drive and judge their requirements. That key role played in our decision for the jazz.

to be continued.....

Sid I can't believe it but I have too.Congratulations.
Are you impressed by "Buy one Honda and win a Honda every week".Please keep track of this. Let's see how many wins one more Honda and check this offer is a real one.

I can't find a dead pedal,does jazz have a deal pedal ?

you are paying a huge premium and please let us know how you are going to justify it.

Sid, you always give surprises. Man, congrats on your new partner. As you said, every car has its own +ves and -ves. I also feel that you have been inspired by GTO thread - Is Honda overpriced. At the end of of the day it's Honda. Waiting for your review.

Part 3:

Bhpians have asked me again and again-Th answer is a big NO. I do neither of the aforementioned jobs. I do something else NOT related to automobiles, which I cannot disclose forever as I have my right to privacy and certain personal things I do not like to disclose. I hope that no one feels bad here.

But, as a responsible member of this forum, I do have a right to get out the real truth and help car buyers in buying decisions in a country where less than a percent of total car buying public really know what they are buying. Again, requirements may differ, but a small contribution always helps, doesn't it?

60 percent of sales come from hatchbacks. There are some who want to show off by buying ugly looking hatch-converted-to sedan three box car for a rock bottom price. And there are some who want all the benefits of a big size car in a small size package. Within a span of 2 years, no less than 9 cars are at your disposal to chose in the upper B super mini segment.
This led to me in trying a shot at even a bigger comparo, the navratna.

If you ask me that my decision of buying the jazz was purely based on GTO's city thread, it is a big NO. In fact, the decision was finalized about a week back. My parents' requirements (Father is 65 and mom 9 years younger) also played a big role in this. My family only consists of me, my mom and my dad. No siblings. And dad likes to travel a lot after his retirement.

To be continued...(this is going to be long, as I am finding the correct words to describe it. I still can't believe that I am writing:))