Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2009, 20:16   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arishi1 View Post
Guys here are the snaps. The Workshop is suggesting a 3 weeks duration to fix this. Will keep you posted on the service details from FIAT
3 weeks is way too long bro. I guess you are taking insurance.otherwise its a 5 day job tops. even if you do insurance 10 days max. my friend went through the same issue with is Alto. PM me if you would like to speak to him. He got full insurance
Old 30th September 2009, 20:36   #47
Senior - BHPian

OUCH!!! this looks really bad! Is the rear door opening properly? The shoulder line is no aligned with the rear fender line now. The hit has to be at some speed because even the rear fender has a bend. All the best mate... Can understand the pain.
Old 1st October 2009, 06:55   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
OUCH!!! this looks really bad! Is the rear door opening properly? The shoulder line is no aligned with the rear fender line now. The hit has to be at some speed because even the rear fender has a bend. All the best mate... Can understand the pain.
Well the hit was in a B2B traffic, but the *#%@& Bus driver instead of pressing brakes pushed the gunned the gas pedal and the beast took over my car from the back.

The workshop is estimating 3 weeks as they need to order a new bumper (as per the Service People the Bumper Clamps are broken and hence a new one). Just looking forward to get this time over soon and I can enjoy the ride of GP. Its an amazing vehicle... Just three days with it made me go ga ga over my shopping prefrence..
Old 1st October 2009, 09:36   #49
BHPian

arvind i tried replying to your PM but it is blocked for some reason. you will have to mail me or PM me your email address so i can reply to you

My friend went through the same situation as you. He is a certified car nut and encyclo on everything automotive. You should see his Alto. 2003 model like its come out of showroom. He doesnt let his wife drive the car through water puddles for chrissake

He as involved in an concertina accident a few weeks ago where he got sandwiched between cars.So he got it from front as well as rear

He claimed and got full insurance. Infact he also got stuff changed that wasnt really damaged beyond repair

From the snaps I dont think the bumper needs to be changed. If you do it off dealer, this repair might not cost more than 5k. Make sure that after getting insurance you still dont end up paying more than 5k just for labour and rubber parts etc that dont get covered

I know that my friend repaired another pals baleno altura which was 10 times worse off than yours. The bumper was not available so he repaired it. After everything it still cost 15k. Also if you claim insurance then you wont get no claim rebate when you renew next year

Anyway if you go ahead and give it to the dealer and you have problems getting a bumper give me a call. Maybe i could help you get one as my friend used to work for Fiat and she still has good contacts there
Old 1st October 2009, 09:57   #50
BHPian

That really hurts !

But nothing to worry about. I myself ve been thru such incidents.

Firstly, bumper dont need to be replaced. Just heating and reshaping. Thats good news. Becoz, insurance guys will pay you only 50% for plastic part. (in case of full replacement)

Metal parts need to be reshaped and repainted. That will cost some bucks. But insurance will cover 100% of it. Time required - not more than a week.

From my experience, you need not pay more than 1000 for entire job. (500 for insurance claim and other for labour). But if your dealer is co-operative, he can adjust that extra amount through insurance. Only glitch is your claim amount will go up.

Try to negotiate with dealer for time period. 3 weeks is too late.
Old 14th October 2009, 14:12   #51
BHPian

Famous FIAT A.S.S.

Well I gave my car to Fortune cars on 26th, the Fortune Guys (Mr. Neerav) has ordered the parts from FIAT on 28th and its 14th now, no news about the parts. For the first week all I was getting was parts not released from FIAT, so they don't have any estimates as to when they will get those. Now for past 5 days I am getting information from Mr. Neerav that FIAT has released the parts but they have not reached Powai yet. I am wondering how much time it takes for parts to arrive from Ranjangaon to Mumbai. I am getting the real taste of the 'Famous FIAT A.S.S. that everyone warned me of. It doesn't make any sense to spend 7lakh and then faca all this trouble. Can anyone give me the email id of FIAT A.S.S. head for India or is that also controlled by Tata?
Old 14th October 2009, 14:31   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arishi1 View Post
Well I gave my car to Fortune cars on 26th, the Fortune Guys (Mr. Neerav) has ordered the parts from FIAT on 28th and its 14th now, no news about the parts. For the first week all I was getting was parts not released from FIAT, so they don't have any estimates as to when they will get those. Now for past 5 days I am getting information from Mr. Neerav that FIAT has released the parts but they have not reached Powai yet. I am wondering how much time it takes for parts to arrive from Ranjangaon to Mumbai. I am getting the real taste of the 'Famous FIAT A.S.S. that everyone warned me of. It doesn't make any sense to spend 7lakh and then faca all this trouble. Can anyone give me the email id of FIAT A.S.S. head for India or is that also controlled by Tata?

Hi ,Am sure Fiat is improving in service dept my be this one of a case,may be due to some genuine reason its getting delayed,you can mail to mangesh
on Mangesh.Kodalkar@fiapl.com,service@fiapl.com am sure you will get reply.Am getting really good service from Fiat even for my Palio 1.9. let me know if you need more details.
Even this Neeraj is good chap.
Old 14th October 2009, 17:54   #53
BHPian

Hi Arishi,

Mangesh has been extremely helpful to quite a few of the Fiat club members in the past, and would surely be able to assist you in any way he can.

Also, i strongly recommend that you do not do any tinkering or painting, as that colour shade difference will bother you later on. i suggest you get all required parts replaced as this is new car and you are bound to pay very little money from your pocket after claiming insurance.

Please go with the insurance surveyor while he is assessing the extent of the damages on your car. It always helps.

Goodluck!
Old 14th October 2009, 18:22   #54
Senior - BHPian

Ouch, Sorry about that scrape. For issues with spare parts contact Mangesh and he normally sorts things out fast. I think his number is somewhere on the Palio Users Group (Yahoo groups).

I hope your beaut is back to its normal wonderful looking self soon.

Cheers,
Old 15th October 2009, 02:11   #55
BHPian

congratulations man! she is sexy
Old 15th October 2009, 02:32   #56
BHPian

as team-bhpians. we are all educated about the features and what not about this car. but

just imagine a poor chap who will never get to know about his cars features who ends up dealing with those stupid sales people. who don't care or really know anything of what they are selling!

and i know there will be innocent people who wouldn't know features like speed alarm, coming home lights which are "programmable" etc. because nobody told them about it. and they never read the manual . like my friend. "he thinks every (gaddi sirf ..gaddi hoti hai.) ". OR a car is just a car.. he is a jackass i tell you.

anyhoo! congratulations

Last edited by Caramelo : 15th October 2009 at 02:35.
Old 15th October 2009, 14:22   #57
Senior - BHPian

congratulations on your italian beauty, enjoy her ride.Wishing you a better experience with your beauty as well as *** part in future.
Old 21st October 2009, 05:03   #58
BHPian

Still no parts Have dropped a mail to FIAT service and also a note at the CEO corner. Its frustrating almost a month and my car is sitting at the service center for the need of spares. If Punto is having this much issues with spares, owning a FIAT UNO or a Palio must be a big challenge. Good cars but let down by After Sales support.
Old 21st October 2009, 08:18   #59
BHPian

Chennai Concorde have most of the body parts in stock.As in chennai we have 2 day old car getting the engine hit on a divider.so all body parts of Linea and Punto are easily available.

I got my car's dents corrected and repainted in 2 days flat.The same colour Dynmaic.It had some metal pieces fallen on the roof and bonnet and got dented when it was parked in a mall.So i had to do it in the first week of delivery itself.was done by VST Motors Chennai

Vignesh
1.3 Punto Dynamic//got the OE Punto alloys

Last edited by vigneshram : 21st October 2009 at 08:25.
Old 21st October 2009, 08:35   #60
BHPian

Yeah but that doesn't seem to be the case in Mumbai. Its almost a month and no parts yet. Its getting really frustrating for me. After spending 7lakhs on a car and you have to wait a month to get the parts that ridiculous. Its getting to point where I am regretting my decision to go with FIAT.

Most Viewed