Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2009, 08:41   #61
Senior - BHPian

that's sad, anyway 3 weeks was too much, but they have yet not received the parts. I had a much worst accident in similar way, but go the car back in 3 weeks.

BTW what parts are they waiting for?

Last edited by rkbharat : 21st October 2009 at 08:43.
Old 21st October 2009, 11:00   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53BHP View Post
Congrats. please lose those ugly balaji stickers and replace them with team bhp stickers

Your car looks smashing
Hey , hey 53BHP be careful , you might hurt religious sentiments of the person .

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Stupid piece of **** bus driver.

Afaik you might require an FIR to claim insurance. On the other hand, you can spend the 3k from your pocket and save up through no-claim.

An expert would be able to comment much better.

I do not understand why this repair work should take 3 weeks?

Really sorry to hear/see this. :( All the best and keep us posted.
Please , Please get a copy of the following .

FIR Copy [ Its your right ] , and if you have registered the FIR , and acknowledgement for the same .

Panchanama : This document gives details of how the car was hit , which angle , which direction Etc Etc .

If a case has been registered by the cops on your behalf , get the details of the same , under which act of the IMA [ Indian motor vehicle Act ] have they booked the case ETC ETC .

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Really painful to see your car this way bro. I doubt the damage will be 3k only looking at the damage on the rear fender and the hatch door (not forgetting the rear bumper). But still it is only denting and painting work (no parts are required as seen in the pics), then why is the dealer saying 3 weeks for this?
agree to that buddy , i doubt it would be done within 3,000 Rs , IMHO it would cost you at least 5,000 ~ 7,000 Rs total .
Old 21st October 2009, 20:16   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
that's sad, anyway 3 weeks was too much, but they have yet not received the parts. I had a much worst accident in similar way, but go the car back in 3 weeks.

BTW what parts are they waiting for?
The parts requested are
  1. Rear Bumper
  2. Rear Left Quarter Panel
  3. Rear Hatch Door
  4. Reverse Light
  5. Rear Fog Lamp

and I am so amazed its taking them almost a month to get all this
Old 21st October 2009, 21:00   #64
Senior - BHPian

arishi1, have they mentioned why it's been taking so much time ? Which part specifically is not available , or is it all of them ? These are all accident repair parts, they should be readily stocked.

Did you talk to Mangesh - Fiat's customer head ?

Sorry to hear of your troubles, Fiat really needs to pull up it's socks.

It's finally these threads on the internet that will scare prospective customers away - Fiat should realize that.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 21st October 2009 at 21:06.
Old 21st October 2009, 21:10   #65
BHPian

The Fortune guys are saying FIAT has sent 4 parts to the local Logistics company and the logistics company is still waiting for the fifth and final part to be received before they can release the complete shipment to the service center.

Have dropped a mail to Mangesh and awaiting his response. I just hope FIAT/Fortune can get this resolved and can get the car fixed. I hope FIAT can get there A.S.S. up else getting cars with good VFM is not going to help FIAT turn around there Fortune in the Indian car market.
Old 21st October 2009, 21:30   #66
BHPian

hey arish, sorry about the scrape,
hope you get the car back asap.

i too am in a more or less same scenario, My GP front struts have had a manufacturing defect and the parts are yet to arrive. Me waiting since 15 days :(

Last edited by gods-envy : 21st October 2009 at 21:32.
Old 22nd October 2009, 11:54   #67
BHPian

Gods-envy - I would suggest you to put a mail to Mangesh and FIAT service. I got the following response from Mangesh, hoping now things should get moving fast. Hoping the best for you too.

Quote:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your communication , we are sorry to note on the concerns referred & apologies for the inconvenience caused to you , we have coordinated the matter with our distributor Tata Motors for update, required back up is rendered through our parts department at dealership to ensure that concerns are resolved at the earliest , you will be hearing shortly .

Thanking you for your cooperation & assuring you of our best services at all times.

With warm regards,

Mangesh Kodalkar

Last edited by arishi1 : 22nd October 2009 at 11:55.
Old 23rd October 2009, 19:30   #68
Senior - BHPian

Any definite dates from them as to when the spares will arrive ?
Old 24th October 2009, 01:55   #69
BHPian

@ Arishi1

Don't worry about getting 50% claim on plastic parts.

Since your car is just a few days old, you will get 100% claim on everything including labour, all you need to pay is the claim processing fee around Rs.:500-700/- in most cases.

The reason why people only get 50% claim on plastic & rubber parts is due to depreciation, plastic & rubber parts wear out much faster in comparison to metal ones hence the reduced claim amount.

Your car is brand new hence no depreciation.
Old 24th October 2009, 06:23   #70
BHPian

No updates from either FIAT or from the Fortune Cars Powai yet. At the end with whatever is going on between FIAT and TATA its me who is taking . So for me what I got till now after buying a Punto in Mumbai is
  • Car Delivered on 19th Sept. with 125KM on ODO
  • Car got the plates on 21st.
  • drove car till Friday morning (25th) when at around 215 KM it was hit by a bus.
  • car at the service center from 25th Sept till date for Repairs
  • no spares yet
  • money spent 7.05 lk on raod

At the end the experience - well its speechless
Old 24th October 2009, 07:14   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind_rider View Post

Please , Please get a copy of the following .

FIR Copy [ Its your right ] , and if you have registered the FIR , and acknowledgement for the same .

Panchanama : This document gives details of how the car was hit , which angle , which direction Etc Etc .

If a case has been registered by the cops on your behalf , get the details of the same , under which act of the IMA [ Indian motor vehicle Act ] have they booked the case ETC ETC .
+1 to that. Please take all the above documents. Its really tough to make the insurance guys pay, they act very high handed! Also, the final bill usually turns out more than the estimates most of the times.

BTW folks, what action will be taken on the bus driver? Sometimes its very frustrating that someone bumps and dents your car and not always its on main city roads. If such accident happens where there is no cop what action can be taken? Esp since bus drivers etc are more of the violent types and can just push off after bumping us.
Old 24th October 2009, 17:24   #72
BHPian

Well I have got the FIR copy for the accident, but the most amazing thing is the claim process. I called the insurance company about the incidence and they told me that I have to pay for the plastic/rubber depreciation and it will not be the insurance company of the Bus. It seems if I have to get the bus insurance company to pay for the damage then I have to file a court case. So in short the FIR is of no use unless I file a court case. Filling a court case in India well we all know how that works.
Old 24th October 2009, 20:26   #73
Senior - BHPian

Unfortunately , that's the way it works in India. Nobody usually approaches the claims tribunal unless it's a case of death etc.

You claim insurance from your own damage section, and subsequently lose out on the NCB and pay the depreciation from your pocket.
Old 24th October 2009, 20:56   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Unfortunately , that's the way it works in India. Nobody usually approaches the claims tribunal unless it's a case of death etc.

You claim insurance from your own damage section, and subsequently lose out on the NCB and pay the depreciation from your pocket.
Isn't this ridiculous you loose on all the fronts because some maniac bus driver chose to hit your car for no fault of yours. So what happens to the bus driver, since there is an FIR but no court case does he go out for yet another accident?
Old 25th October 2009, 16:23   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arishi1 View Post
Isn't this ridiculous you loose on all the fronts because some maniac bus driver chose to hit your car for no fault of yours. So what happens to the bus driver, since there is an FIR but no court case does he go out for yet another accident?
well that bus driver has full rights to go on and damage another vehicle and make his life miserable as well.Sorry to hear your incident and hope to see your vehicle soo in your hands.Fiat or Tata who ever taking time is loosing some valuable customers through your shared experience at web world.Not a case with everyone but hopefully they still improve which is heard that did.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks