Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2009, 16:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

I really liked the car pics. Very nice!

Don't feel too bad that HMP probably knows who the errant salesman is. He should be given a chance to learn from his mistakes. Nice to know that HMP monitors online feedback.
Old 23rd September 2009, 19:12   #17

Quote:
and he was telling me about the side effects of putting the sunflim there, mainly the damages it might do to the defogger lines.
Mustang29, this is worth a concern. I never thought of it, in fact. we will have to get some expert openion on this.I dont know the real cause of damage the sunfilm brings in there though. hmm, but i did not want to have max transperancy over there that enable tailing dudes to peep in, as well.

blackasta, thanks for your comments on photos

RamSagar, mileage is not yet assessed properly..my assumption is that it is ~15 in highway and ~(8-12) in city with AC on all the time (based on refuelling frequencies). will update the exact figures here asap.
Old 23rd September 2009, 21:52   #18
BANNED

Hey Congrats Kiran on your new buy. Great Pics.
Regarding mileage i just came back after a 600 K.m run(in this 50 Km city run). The FE measured was 12.21 (Full time AC). Given it for 1st service today. Do inform us what FE you have got

Last edited by wildon : 23rd September 2009 at 21:58.
Old 23rd September 2009, 21:55   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang29 View Post
I could see that you have put sunfilm on the rear windscreen and Asta has defogger there. Is it recommended to put the sumfilm there as I had a 10 mins discussion with my dealer, and he was telling me about the side effects of putting the sunflim there, mainly the damages it might do to the defogger lines. Your views please.
i've had sunfilm, 3M RE70 on the Baleno Vxi for last four years. not a problem at all. Mind I must have used the de-fogger not more than a dozen times throughout, last time was two days back. no problemo!
Old 23rd September 2009, 23:51   #20

measuring mileage accurately

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Hey Congrats Kiran on your new buy. Great Pics.
Regarding mileage i just came back after a 600 K.m run(in this 50 Km city run). The FE measured was 12.21 (Full time AC). Given it for 1st service today. Do inform us what FE you have got
thanks, wildon I may need your help regarding FE. what is the best/practical method to measure FE accurately ? one of my friends explained a cumbersome method-filling tank full of fuel, shake the car and fill it again to make sure it is topped up..then drive till it goes empty !!! how accurate are i20 fuel gauge to rely upon for the purpose?

friends, any suggestions? (something as easy as reserve to reserve in bikes)
Old 24th September 2009, 08:39   #21
BHPian

The best way to find the mileage IMHO, would be to fill the tank to the max ( without shaking) and then probably travel for 100 - 125 kms and then again fill the tank. Measure the amount of fuel and distance covered, you will get your fuel efficiency for highway driving. For city conditions drive for 4-5 days in all situations like with ac / w/o ac. slow speeds, avg speeds, etc.
Old 2nd October 2009, 08:37   #22
BHPian

thanks for sharing boot photos.. I am also thinking to upgrade to i20AT from Santro AT.
Old 2nd October 2009, 12:36   #23
BANNED

what are those things. Have you installed the rear view camera? and rest of those are dummies?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2 Petrol Experience and Photos-8.jpg  

Old 2nd October 2009, 12:36   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
what are those things. Have you installed the rear view camera? and rest of those are dummies?
these are rear parking sensors.
Old 2nd October 2009, 12:42   #25
BANNED

Thanks for clearing this up
Old 3rd October 2009, 13:13   #26
Senior - BHPian

congratulations on your i20, good choice and superb pictures specially last one with fly.I am considering one too.Keep updating and enjoy your ride.
Old 3rd October 2009, 22:29   #27

hi wildon

blackasta is right, those are parking sensors.
chose the body coloured among many

I was on a pondicherry trip last week and checked FE.
it was 12.4. (distance traveled: 120KM).
I was mostly driving at 80-100 kmph;highway driving.
now measuring FE in city...
Old 5th October 2009, 08:15   #28
Senior - BHPian

12.4 is low for the 1.2 i 20. On highways I consistently get better than 15, from day 1. Of course this can vary dramatically if the filling method is not consistent. That's why it is best to see this on a longer basis, after 3 to 4 top ups, because the effect of measurement errors get reduced considerably in that case. Top up to auto cut off, and then after about 500 kms, do just that again, having noted any quantity filled between the two top ups. Distance by total fuel filled after the first top up ought to give you a more accurate result.
I also think that topping up past the auto shut off drains your pocket more than it ought to.
Old 5th October 2009, 08:47   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranravi View Post
it was 12.4. (distance traveled: 120KM).
I was mostly driving at 80-100 kmph;highway driving.
Hm.. Well my chennai trip is due this month, and my 1st service is over. Let me see whether the FE improved this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Top up to auto cut off, and then after about 500 kms, do just that again, having noted any quantity filled between the two top ups. Distance by total fuel filled after the first top up ought to give you a more accurate result.
Ok. Let me fill till auto cut off this time and try.
Old 5th October 2009, 10:31   #30
JRD
BHPian

great photos.. i love the rear 3/4th view of the i20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks