Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2009, 14:03   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
So you finally made the post and saved yourself from Unni.The car looks nice and Boy you are already talking about long trips. I am sure you will clock more than 10000 kms in year. Way to go. Being a diesel you will have to be more cautious about the run in period.
Chillout, you are making me look like a villain . 10000kms a year is too low for a diesel, it needs to be greater than 15000kms, what say. The way he has started off, I think he will do more than that in a year.

It seems Ford has come out with some new designs in alloys. Gels well with the car.
Old 22nd September 2009, 17:37   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Chillout, you are making me look like a villain . 10000kms a year is too low for a diesel, it needs to be greater than 15000kms, what say. The way he has started off, I think he will do more than that in a year.

It seems Ford has come out with some new designs in alloys. Gels well with the car.
Unni, not a villain but sure a 'headmaster' (just kidding). I agree 10000 kms will be less for diesel, I'm sure OSS will cover more distance, In my case I have clocked 81000+ kms in my Santro in span of 3.5 yrs, now think about Fiesta Diesel what will be the fate ?, one thing sure I can't cover 600+ kms in one stretch like you.

@OSS, congrats buddy once again, please keep updating, your valuable inputs will be helpful.
Old 22nd September 2009, 18:14   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
Unni, not a villain but sure a 'headmaster' (just kidding). I agree 10000 kms will be less for diesel, I'm sure OSS will cover more distance, In my case I have clocked 81000+ kms in my Santro in span of 3.5 yrs, now think about Fiesta Diesel what will be the fate ?, one thing sure I can't cover 600+ kms in one stretch like you.

@OSS, congrats buddy once again, please keep updating, your valuable inputs will be helpful.
Headmaster!! Now I've heard it all!! 81k in 3.5years, you do like spending on petrol don't you . With a Fiesta coming I'm sure its going to be higher. 600+ kms in one stretch will become a breeze for you, wait till you get the car.
Old 22nd September 2009, 19:20   #19
Senior - BHPian

Oss, congratulations for owning the beautified SXI !! Tell us more about the chromes, other changes and additions from the previous SXI. I too follow Unni's example of posting everything in a single thread, so its easy to keep track of things connected to the Fiesta, unless you have an exciting travelogue with plenty of photos that deserve to have a dedicated space. Give us your initial experiences. This place begs for more photos. Any ICE upgrades in mind ?
Old 23rd September 2009, 22:16   #20
oss
BHPian

A quick update - crossed 1000km mark today. Enjoying the Coorg weather and food and (ofcourse booze). Boy, the drive from Chennai to Coorg was amazing.

I have driven to BLR manytimes in my Swift, but driving Fiesta is a totally different experience altogether. The smooth & composed ride, super responsive steeering, butter smooth gear shift - i am thoroughly enjoying my Fiesta.

The handling on the ghat section is particularly worth mentioning. It is so confidence inspiring, man i am deeply in love with my Fiesta now

Will post the drive experience and my travelogue once i am back.

Till then Go Fida

Last edited by oss : 23rd September 2009 at 22:20. Reason: Typos
Old 23rd September 2009, 22:40   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
A quick update - crossed 1000km mark today. Enjoying the Coorg weather and food and (ofcourse booze). Boy, the drive from Chennai to Coorg was amazing.

I have driven to BLR manytimes in my Swift, but driving Fiesta is a totally different experience altogether. The smooth & composed ride, super responsive steeering, butter smooth gear shift - i am thoroughly enjoying my Fiesta.

The handling on the ghat section is particularly worth mentioning. It is so confidence inspiring, man i am deeply in love with my Fiesta now
Great to know that you are having a good time with the car. Do take it easy though, remember you are running-in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Will post the drive experience and my travelogue once i am back.

Till then Go Fida
Looking forward to lots of pics and narration.
Old 23rd September 2009, 23:18   #22
Senior - BHPian

gorgeous alloys! and KILLER pics OSS. Welcome to the Fiesta club. Proud to be on board too!
Old 23rd September 2009, 23:39   #23
BHPian

Yiipppeee.

Another Fiesta arrives. Wow. Mine should be there tomorrow.

Congo buddy.
Old 4th October 2009, 19:10   #24
oss
BHPian

3 weeks & 2,000 kms

Here i am after a fantastic drive to Coorg. It was a totally unplanned trip; though my wife has been nagging me quite a while for a trip to Coorg, i haven't really acted on it. It wouldn't be farfetched to say the main inspiration for the trip came from Fiesta. Yes, once i got my hands on it i was itching for a long drive, and when my son's school was closed for
Dussera, what better to do than to hit the road

Called up Orange Country but was told that they were fully booked. This being my first trip to Coorg, and since i couldn't convince my friends to drive along with me, decided against HomeStays (Heard they could be boring in the late evenings due to not much of entertainment option for kids, and my son could get restless without any one of his age to play with or without cartoon network on the TV). Checked Club Mahindra and they had some fantastic offer going on due to half-season (till Sep-30th). Got the booking confirmed and hit the road.

There was no other preparation or research to finalise the itinerary or the places to visit. Thanks to 'laluks' i was damn impressed by his travelogue "Swiftly Coorged", so just took a printout of his travelogue and hit the road.

I will let the picture do the talking about the trip: (will post a detailed travelogue separately with narration)

Ford Fiesta - She's mine-coorg1.jpg

Ford Fiesta - She's mine-coorg2.jpg

Ford Fiesta - She's mine-coorg3.jpg

Ford Fiesta - She's mine-coorg4.jpg

Ford Fiesta - She's mine-coorg5.jpg

Ford Fiesta - She's mine-coorg6.jpg

Ford Fiesta - She's mine-coorg7.jpg

Ford Fiesta - She's mine-coorg8.jpg

Ford Fiesta - She's mine-coorg9.jpg

Ford Fiesta - She's mine-coorg10.jpg

Ford Fiesta - She's mine-coorg11.jpg

Ford Fiesta - She's mine-coorg12.jpg

Ford Fiesta - She's mine-coorg13.jpg

Ford Fiesta - She's mine-coorg14.jpg

Ford Fiesta - She's mine-coorg15.jpg

As far as the drive goes, Fiesta is a dream to drive on the highway. It was very difficult to control myself to stay below 3000 rpm. Well initially i decided not to exceed 2500 rpm, but that was just impossible so i found myself creeping upto 2800-3000 rpm. But made sure to stay below 3000rpm - which translates to about 130 kmph of speed.

The dynamic stability of the car was amazing that i just couldn't believe that i was doing 120-130 kmph of speed. The car was planted to the road, and no shakes or unnerving moment. Even in heavy rains and crosswinds that car drove rock solid and confidence inspiring. The
braking was amazing and whenever i had to apply brakes for a quick stop, the car just came to a halt smoothly without any drama. Overall the drive was as much enjoyable as the stay in Coorg itself.

Eventhough the distance from Chennai to Madikeri was about 600 kms, (too a break after about 350kms drive) didn't feel any tired after the long drive. That proves how smooth the ride was.

Here is the mileage i got from the last 3 tankfills:

1. 30.0l/507km: 16.9 kmpl (30% city; 70% highway; 100% AC)
2. 26.5l/466km: 17.6 kmpl (10% city; 90% highway; 90% AC - extensive use of 2nd & 3rd gear while driving inside Coorg)
3. 38.2l/722km: 18.9 kmpl (20% city; 80% highway; 100% AC)

Quite impressed with the performance and i mileage
Old 4th October 2009, 19:21   #25
Senior - BHPian

Bravo! That efficiency is just double of what I got <bangs head>

Man, those photos are beautiful! Please post more photos of the car too!
Old 4th October 2009, 23:11   #26
BHPian

OSS great snaps and inspiring writeup, now you are creating positive pressure on us to take her on highway, but where is your beauty - Fiesta in snaps, now I'm excited to go on long drive as early as possible.
Old 4th October 2009, 23:37   #27
BHPian

Weekend hangout is just a reason to takeout your car on long drive and with this you doing "ek tir mein do shikar"
Nice photos.
Old 5th October 2009, 13:03   #28
Senior - BHPian

No pics of your car in coorg.pls post one.
Old 5th October 2009, 15:26   #29
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations.
I am sure you will love to drive this car. I just came back after a long
drive (500kms), Amazing.
Thanks.
Old 5th October 2009, 20:35   #30
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Congratulations.
I am sure you will love to drive this car. I just came back after a long
drive (500kms), Amazing.
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
OSS great snaps and inspiring writeup, now you are creating positive pressure on us to take her on highway, but where is your beauty - Fiesta in snaps, now I'm excited to go on long drive as early as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Bravo! That efficiency is just double of what I got <bangs head>

Man, those photos are beautiful! Please post more photos of the car too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
No pics of your car in coorg.pls post one.
Thanks for the wishes guys. Will upload some pics with Fiesta in Coorg soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
Weekend hangout is just a reason to takeout your car on long drive and with this you doing "ek tir mein do shikar"
Nice photos.
Yeah; that's the plan now. Ambur is just about 200 km away, and i can drive over the weekend for Biriyani

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks