Team-BHP - My New Toyota Innova VX (8 Seater) + Delivery on 23rd September
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   My New Toyota Innova VX (8 Seater) + Delivery on 23rd September (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/65867-my-new-toyota-innova-vx-8-seater-delivery-23rd-september.html)

Hi guys,
I wanted to buy MUV and have been started doing some research about it in the our forum. I did not have to go anywhere else other than our forum.
I have a santro 2000 model top end and a swift ZXI 2006 model right now. Since my family is getting bigger, we needed a bigger car. For the past one month, i have been trying to select between Mahindra Xylo, Mahindra Scorpio and Toyota Innova. According to my requirements, the decision was very easy. I will be doing long trips and using highways always. Innova was the best choice in my budget.

I have booked a Toyota Innova Vx 8 Seater with the Colour Champagne Mica.

I loved the 7 seater but i got disappointed seeing the thigh support offered in the middle row seats. The 8 seater had better support for the same. Also we are a four member family and we have a chauffer too so that makes five of us and one of us would have to sit in the last row regularly. So decided to go for the 8 seater. I wish the 8 seater had head rest for the middle row for the passenger in the middle. I find only that as lacking. But thanks to our forums, i was able to arrive at this decision of choosing the 8 seater over 7.

The reason why i chose Toyota Innova is because of its ride, handling, comfort and luxury. The reason i went for the top end is because of its loaded features like ABS, Airbag, Alloy Wheels, MID, parking sensor etc
I am getting the delivery by the end of this month. I have added the following accessories:-

1) Rear Spoilers
2) Scuff Plates
3) Rear Bumper Guard
4) Vibrasonic Roots Horn
5) Fabric Seat Cover
6) Teflon Coating
7) Under Chassis Painting
8) Fabric Floor and trunk Mats
9) Mud Guard Set
10) Muffler Cutter
11) Bumper Corner protector
12) 3M Sun Control Cooling Film

I am totally excited to own this innova and counting my days before i lay my hands on this car. My dad does not want anything duplicate and have decided to go for only original accessories only.

I have been to the showroom today and they have informed me that the car has arrived. I have booked on 11th of this month and the car has reached the showroom today morning. The accessories are to be fitted and the registration is on wednesday. Will be taking the car on wednesday evening.

I had the chance to take some photographs of the car.

@Sujay: Congrats on your purchase.

I am just back from the Toyota showroom after booking an Innova for my uncle. The colour and variant are the same as yours. No freebies or discounts were offered except the mudflaps and rubber floor mats along with the muffler cutter.

Were you offered any freebies in addition to this ? Also, I was told that there is a price increase from Oct 1st and hence it would be better to get the car invoiced before this month.

Currently we have gone in for the following accessories (in addition to the feebies):

1. Front and back bumpers (The front one is called a hiker)
2. Bumper corner protector

We should be taking delivery of the car sometime early next week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rr_zen (Post 1493673)
@Sujay: Congrats on your purchase.

I am just back from the Toyota showroom after booking an Innova for my uncle. The colour and variant are the same as yours. No freebies or discounts were offered except the mudflaps and rubber floor mats along with the muffler cutter.

Were you offered any freebies in addition to this ? Also, I was told that there is a price increase from Oct 1st and hence it would be better to get the car invoiced before this month.

Currently we have gone in for the following accessories (in addition to the feebies):

1. Front and back bumpers (The front one is called a hiker)
2. Bumper corner protector

We should be taking delivery of the car sometime early next week.

Bro,

Congrats on your purchase too. Yes thats true. Freebies are very less here too. The toyota innova here has a waiting period of 45 days. Actually we had some good contacts in higher places. So we could get the car in ten days.

Because we are known people, they said they would give discounts or freebies. I will update the same.

I dont suggest front bumpers bro. Because, if u get hit in the front, the crash effect will not go to the crumple zone in the vehicle. It will have full impact on the chassis only. And the effect would be transfered to the passengers, bro.

I was against bumper corner protectors because it would look like a taxi . but had to go in for it cos they told us all the cars would get hit on the sides only. The repair is very expensive.So i decided to go for bumper corner protector.

I would like to know the price of your car. Mine on road costs Rs. 12,53,818.00

regards,

Sujay

Thanks for the information on the front bumper. I shall revisit my decision on this one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovesujay (Post 1493918)
I would like to know the price of your car. Mine on road costs Rs. 12,53,818.00

The on-road price for the VX M model in Chennai is 12, 63,846.00 INR.

Also, wanted to clarify one more thing. I was told by the sales guy that there is no factory fitted security system in the car. Is this true in your case as well ? It is not even available as an add-on accessory. All that is provided is keyless entry. I am taken aback for I expect a good security system in a car for which someone is coughing 12 + lacs.

Hi Guys
Even I booked an Innova VX (7 seater) sliver mica metallic on 10/09/09.The car has arrived in the showroom and i'll be taking the delivery on wednesady as well.Congrats to you guys as well.I'm also getting almost the same accessories package.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rr_zen (Post 1494059)
Thanks for the information on the front bumper. I shall revisit my decision on this one.

bro,

Try to add the rear spoilers. It gives a complete look to the car. You wont regret the decision.

What sun control film are u planning to use??

I understand why you are going for rear guard. Two wheelers try to drive so close to your car, that they might bang your car, the moment you brake. That too in chennai. Thats the reason i have opted for rear guard.

regards,

Sujay

Quote:

Originally Posted by braveheart_77 (Post 1494066)
Hi Guys
Even I booked an Innova VX (7 seater) sliver mica metallic on 10/09/09.The car has arrived in the showroom and i'll be taking the delivery on wednesady as well.Congrats to you guys as well.I'm also getting almost the same accessories package.

Wow !!!.. thats fantastic bro. Congrats on your new car. Same here. Visited the showroom today and taking delivery on wednesday!!!.

I forgot to check out the stock music system in the car. How is it??. Is is manageable??.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Congrats sujay on the choice of the vehicle.It will server you trouble free for lacs of Kms,yes what you read is right,as long as u service it regularly.And a major service will never cost you more than 5k and that a promise.

I personally don't like the Front/Rear bumper guards & protectors it spoils the look of the vehicle.
And also I'm against to the rear spoiler with LIGHT.This is not original product from Toyota,though they sell it as a original where they get lot of margin than the OE one.
Add a spoiler without the LED on it.it will enhance the look of the vehicle.

Wish you many happy miles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramsagar (Post 1494106)
Congrats sujay on the choice of the vehicle.It will server you trouble free for lacs of Kms,yes what you read is right,as long as u service it regularly.And a major service will never cost you more than 5k and that a promise.

I personally don't like the Front/Rear bumper guards & protectors it spoils the look of the vehicle.
And also I'm against to the rear spoiler with LIGHT.This is not original product from Toyota,though they sell it as a original where they get lot of margin than the OE one.
Add a spoiler without the LED on it.it will enhance the look of the vehicle.

Wish you many happy miles.

Thanks a lot, bro. Yes i went through the reviews of the car in our forum bfore deciding the car. I am sure it will be trouble free experience.

With the present road conditions and driving ethics, i had to go in for the rear bumper guard atleast. I dont want to frequent the service center with dents in the back.

As you said, i am going in for the original product only. And my spoiler does not have any light on it except the LED that comes with the car.

thanks for your suggestions, buddy

regards,

Sujay

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovesujay (Post 1493918)
Bro,

I dont suggest front bumpers bro. Because, if u get hit in the front, the crash effect will not go to the crumple zone in the vehicle. It will have full impact on the chassis only. And the effect would be transfered to the passengers, bro.

I was against bumper corner protectors because it would look like a taxi . but had to go in for it cos they told us all the cars would get hit on the sides only. The repair is very expensive.So i decided to go for bumper corner protector.

buddy your not getting the front crash guard for the above reason. what makes you think the same thing dosent happen at the rear? anyway with minor dings nothing happens to the bumper.

Quote:

Also, wanted to clarify one more thing. I was told by the sales guy that there is no factory fitted security system in the car. Is this true in your case as well ? It is not even available as an add-on accessory. All that is provided is keyless entry. I am taken aback for I expect a good security system in a car for which someone is coughing 12 + lacs.

of course it has an engine immobilizer. the keys have an rfid chip built it and if that is not detected the engine wont start.
Quote:

Originally Posted by lovesujay (Post 1494068)
bro,

Try to add the rear spoilers. It gives a complete look to the car. You wont regret the decision.

I forgot to check out the stock music system in the car. How is it??. Is is manageable??.

if you want your car to have a complete look forget about the corner protectors and the rear bumper guard. they look terrible and dont help at all.

also the music system is just about ok though i suggest you change the speakers at the least to something better like alpine or jbl.

also both of you should consider the petes box.

Quote:

I think you expected something like the Autocop right. Here it is available as an add on. Anyway lets be happy that there is an engine immobiliser for the safety, brother. Nope it does not have any other security system !!!

regards,

sujay

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovesujay (Post 1494557)
I think you expected something like the Autocop right. Here it is available as an add on. Anyway lets be happy that there is an engine immobiliser for the safety, brother. Nope it does not have any other security system !!!

sujay

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 1494460)
of course it has an engine immobilizer. the keys have an rfid chip built it and if that is not detected the engine wont start.

I am happy that the immobiliser is available on the car. While this prevents someone from driving away the car, we still do not have a security system to warn us (alarm going off) if the car is tampered by someone to gain entry.

Quote:

bro,

What sun control film are u planning to use??

I am planning to go in for 3M as always. I have a guy who works for 3M who does the work for me at my door step for any car in the family. I get good quality at a reasonable price. Have asked him to bring home some samples. Will be deciding in a day or two on the shade of film.
Quote:

I understand why you are going for rear guard. Two wheelers try to drive so close to your car, that they might bang your car, the moment you brake. That too in chennai. Thats the reason i have opted for rear guard.

We have had enough instances of rear-ending in the past and would want to minimise the impact by going in for a rear bumper.

Congrats on your new ride.

I second the opinion against the crash guards - front & rear. The front bull-bar/crash guard is a definite no-no. It negates the whole point of crumple zones & air-bags, plus it is deadly for pedestrians even at speeds as low as 30 kmph.

As for the rear crash guard, I was told that it interferes with the functioning of the parking sensors. So please verify that aspect before you get that fitted.

- Teja