Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2012, 13:17   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishgandhi_00 View Post
any thoughts? anyone fiestians facing similar issue...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
In case of @Ruchirtnt they replaced the throttle assembly.
No No, the throttle assembly is not replaced that will be a big amount,
my case was resolved by a simple and easy cleaning of throttle body with their carburetor cleaning spray,
you just take the fiesta to the service station for PDU test, i think high chances are that the problem will be resolved by throttle body cleaning only
Old 30th January 2012, 13:24   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
No No, the throttle assembly is not replaced that will be a big amount,
my case was resolved by a simple and easy cleaning of throttle body with their carburetor cleaning spray,
you just take the fiesta to the service station for PDU test, i think high chances are that the problem will be resolved by throttle body cleaning only
Can you share details of what spray was used? How much did they charge you for the job, and how long did it take?
Old 30th January 2012, 13:27   #138
Senior - BHPian

Sorry @ruchirtnt - my mistake.

Just a doubt guys - is this happening after a certain age of the car? Are there any pre symptoms before the actual problem starts.

The reason of cold starts I guess is ruled out as I think the issue can crop up during summers too. The other two reasons as listed out in Vnabhi's thread of foul fuel and throttle body cleaning are the main culprits. Is there any presymptoms regarding the throttle body cleaning. Ashish if you happen to talk to the Ford guys do try to get the answers to the queries.

Just one noob question - would regular usage of System G prevent the throttle body cleaning issue?
Old 30th January 2012, 13:44   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry @ruchirtnt - my mistake.

Just a doubt guys - is this happening after a certain age of the car? Are there any pre symptoms before the actual problem starts.

The reason of cold starts I guess is ruled out as I think the issue can crop up during summers too. The other two reasons as listed out in Vnabhi's thread of foul fuel and throttle body cleaning are the main culprits. Is there any presymptoms regarding the throttle body cleaning. Ashish if you happen to talk to the Ford guys do try to get the answers to the queries.

Just one noob question - would regular usage of System G prevent the throttle body cleaning issue?
I've been using System G for 50% of the fills since I bought the car. I had also topped up the tank and added System G in November, when the symptom first emerged. So I guess that won't solve the issue.
Old 30th January 2012, 14:10   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Can you share details of what spray was used? How much did they charge you for the job, and how long did it take?
It was a Can where it was written Carburetor cleaner type of a thing, service station had it, they charged me only Rs. 45 for 100 ml spray on the throttle body, it took only 30 min to clean and 2 hrs to follow up

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I've been using System G for 50% of the fills since I bought the car. I had also topped up the tank and added System G in November, when the symptom first emerged. So I guess that won't solve the issue.
+1 to that, i too used System G and it will not serve any purpose on this issue
ruchirtnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 14:33   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
It was a Can where it was written Carburetor cleaner type of a thing, service station had it,
Why carburetor cleaning spray for Fuel injection type engine? or was it WD40 spray in disguise?

The System G information says that one of the benefits is eliminating the poor throttle response making the throttle clog free.
ghodlur is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 14:48   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why carburetor cleaning spray for Fuel injection type engine? or was it WD40 spray in disguise?

The System G information says that one of the benefits is eliminating the poor throttle response making the throttle clog free.
Never use WD40 on the throttle body---it can mess with the oxygen sensor and other parts. I read this yesterday when I googled for engine system and drive train warning light.

This symptom has been noticed in many Ford cars in UK too, per Google search results. Many have reported that the problem vanished after throttle body cleaning. Some people used 3M throttle cleaner, but it is available only in Bangalore. I read about this in a thread related to low rpm issue on an SX4.

I am not sure why regular usage of System G did not prevent the problem in my car. But I never had any other issue, except muted throttle when the light glows. But since it does not glow on second start, I never faced any throttle response issues, and have continued to smoke other cars on my daily drive.
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 15:15   #143
BHPian

wow !!! so much discussion, and so much info sharing... thats the great fun of being on TBHP

thanks vnabhi, ghodlur, and ruchirtnt...

i called up the Ford service center, and spoke to the guy. he asked me to come to the service station anytime and he will get it checked. he didnt mention what he plans to do, but he said it should not take long. probably he is thinking abt the cleaning bit

thanks a ton. will keep u posted.

hope i dont need to get the throttle assembly replaced
Old 31st January 2012, 08:42   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
True indeed, but after using system G for a while, i feel it does not hold totally true

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishgandhi_00 View Post

hope i dont need to get the throttle assembly replaced
Never, this is a minor issue, you will throttle on the same throttle body
Old 31st January 2012, 08:47   #145
Senior - BHPian

@ashish

During your Ford visit, do try to get the information for the reasons which clog the throttle body.

Just for my knowledge - Throttle assembly is used to control the air flow for the combustion, does this in any way mean that the air filter is already clogged or in the process.
Old 31st January 2012, 11:56   #146
BHPian

Quote:
@ashish

During your Ford visit, do try to get the information for the reasons which clog the throttle body.

Just for my knowledge - Throttle assembly is used to control the air flow for the combustion, does this in any way mean that the air filter is already clogged or in the process.
Sure. Will check on that. Is it because of the pollution in cities like mumbai, that the air filter gets clogged

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks