Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2009, 06:17   #31
BHPian

Correction about dicklid handle: Ford basically saying is SXI comes with chrome handle
Attached Thumbnails
My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium-decklid.jpg  

Old 28th September 2009, 14:32   #32
BHPian

Happy Dussehra

Hey all,

wish you and your families (extended family- including your run machines) a very happy Dussehra.

On the eve of Dussehra, me and wifey did a small pooja of both cars today. Some pics attached. Just realised that i was kinda neglecting my good old Santro. Hence posted some pics of the old baby as well.

Enjoy

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium-image050.jpg  

My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium-image051n.jpg  

My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium-image057.jpg  

My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium-image058.jpg  

My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium-image063.jpg  

My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium-image070.jpg  

My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium-image077.jpg  

Old 28th September 2009, 14:36   #33
BHPian

A bit OT, but is it correct that the car tyre pressure increases in hot conditions.

I had checked my Santro tyres last week and kept the pressure at 30. Yesterday, when i re-checked, the pressure in both front tyres was 36-37

The guy there said its normal for pressure to increase in heat !!!

I never exprerienced such high increase in the pressure.

BTW, am yet to check the tyre pressure in my Fiesta.
Old 30th September 2009, 13:39   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post

it's not the engine run in. It's the drive by wire throttle. Which is a pain till you get used to it. Once you know a way around it and 'fool' the engine into thinking you have dialed in the right revs at the right time, you will not get that feeling (or jolt)
Hey frank and others,

Coming back to the jerk issue, am just not able to get over it. Initially i thought it was a matter of time before i get used to the clutch / accelerator play (getting over my santro) - but its been more than a week and i still face jerks esp while moving up from 1st to 2nd.

i have tried several different ways - releasing the clutch slowly, accelerating faster than normal (keeping within the 2.5K rpm though), but nothing's working.

any thoughts?
Old 30th September 2009, 13:57   #35
BHPian

Initial 1-2 days I had same issue but now I manage to drive with no issues. The only problem I have is in first gear and sometime I get confused about in which gear the car is i.e. 1st or 4th.

But I agree jerk issue is there for new drivers and I think over period of time we should able to comeout of it.
Old 30th September 2009, 16:01   #36
BHPian

Hi Ashish don't worry about the jerk you will get the hang of it,even today after 3.5yrs of ownership of the Fiesta 1.6 i do face this problem sometimes.
Old 21st October 2009, 14:42   #37
Senior - BHPian

i am looking forward to buy a Fiesta 1.6SXi premium white in Jan 2010 (a new year model) but is completely taken away by fiesta 1.6S interiors

the only difference i have seen and known is a 15" alloy, stiff suspension and rear seat headrest fixed and seats unfoldable, does the above 15" alloy make much difference to city driving and mileage,
how is your experience with the new fiesta sxi premium and have you also checked up the 1.6 S
Old 21st October 2009, 15:22   #38
Senior - BHPian

@Ashishgandhi 00
Any upgradation done?
Thanks
Old 22nd October 2009, 11:40   #39
BHPian

@nairrk,

sorry for not updating my thread. been badly tied up with office work

am planning the following upgrades - hopefully will get them this saturday

- Floor mats (current ones are black, i want beige)
- Reverse parking sensor (have decided on Auto-cop with mirror display for Rs. 3.5K with 1 yr warranty)
- CD case - loved the one that you got - will try to get similar cream / beige colored one
- Air deflector (not very sure abt this - will check). While i was driving on the Mum-Pune Eway last week, i felt that air delfector could be useful - meaning i can drive without A/c by keeping the window open a little bit. Without the delfector, keeping the window open in not a good option - there's too much noise of the air gushing in at a speed of 100 KMPH

Thanks. let me know what u feel abt the above
Old 22nd October 2009, 11:49   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
i am looking forward to buy a Fiesta 1.6SXi premium white in Jan 2010 (a new year model) but is completely taken away by fiesta 1.6S interiors

the only difference i have seen and known is a 15" alloy, stiff suspension and rear seat headrest fixed and seats unfoldable, does the above 15" alloy make much difference to city driving and mileage,
how is your experience with the new fiesta sxi premium and have you also checked up the 1.6 S
hi ruchir,

i did TD both 'S' and 'Sxi'. While the S is a great fun to drive (mainly due to large tyres), the ride is a bit uncomfortable (u can read frankmehta's thread for more details)

for me, the deal tilted towards Sxi becuase of the interiors (leather + rear arm rest + rear head rest). Plus the new Sxi offered alloy wheels, so the exterior was also neat.

it all depends of your preference

Thanks
Old 22nd October 2009, 12:43   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishgandhi_00 View Post
@nairrk,

- Air deflector (not very sure abt this - will check). While i was driving on the Mum-Pune Eway last week, i felt that air delfector could be useful - meaning i can drive without A/c by keeping the window open a little bit. Without the delfector, keeping the window open in not a good option - there's too much noise of the air gushing in at a speed of 100 KMPH
I too was keen on an air deflector and had posted a query on this forum 2 years ago. One of the responses I got was something like '....do you want to negate the millions of dollars spent on reducing the wind tunnel...'.

I dropped my plan soon after that. Another negative is that if one of the 4 is broken, you gotta buy all 4 again. The only advantages it has are keeping the windows slightly open when it drizzles (might help in avoiding a foggy windshield) and in parking your car in the hot sun with a slight gap in the windows (avoids overheating of interiors).
It's your call anyway.
Old 22nd October 2009, 13:16   #42
Senior - BHPian

@ashishgandhi 00
IMO, Air deflector will kill the car's style and look. Sedan's looks better and stylish without this.
Cd Visor - I thnk they dont have beige color (go to their web Case Logic : CD Cases, DVD Cases, Laptop Cases, Camera Cases, MP3 Cases - Case Logic and find the colors available.
Floor mat - beige colour easily catch and show the dirt/mud from the foot wear plus every now and then you need to clean that. Whereas black colour may match with the dirt/mud etc for some time?
Thanks
Old 22nd October 2009, 19:18   #43
BHPian

@ vnabhi / nairrk,

thanks for the thoughts guys. really helpful. think i will drop the air deflector. will check out the floor mats though. Regarding CD case, just read on nairrk's thread that the CDs get bad if stored in the open case. Its good to store them in zip-closed pouch. Not sure abt this one.

So, am left with just the reverse parking sensor !!

I also wanted to upgrade my sun-film (the dealer fitted film is really faint, and doesnt give the desired effect). i need some expert advise on whether the existing one can be removed and new one can be fitted. Does someone from mumbai know whether there is any authorised Garware (my existing film is garware) or VKool or other good brand showroon in the eastern suburbs (between Sion and Mulund)

Thanks again
Old 22nd October 2009, 21:14   #44
BHPian

Congrats Ashish. I have joined the bandwagon this month and Platinum seems to be the color of choice nowadays . I just have few questions which i would like to clarify about my fiesta as well.

1. Did you get 2 remote fob keys or one?
2. Did you get a remote for your audio system? i did not get one and when asked i was told that Ford does not provide one.
3. Did you get any tool kit with your car? (Spanners, Pliers etc)
Old 23rd October 2009, 00:22   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
Congrats Ashish. I have joined the bandwagon this month and Platinum seems to be the color of choice nowadays . I just have few questions which i would like to clarify about my fiesta as well.

1. Did you get 2 remote fob keys or one?
2. Did you get a remote for your audio system? i did not get one and when asked i was told that Ford does not provide one.
3. Did you get any tool kit with your car? (Spanners, Pliers etc)
@moonraker: let me answer that one for you, own a 1.6 zxi platinum myself, bought in august 09.

1. One remote key, the other key has no controls on it, just a duplicate.
2. No, Ford does not provide any remotes with their stock music system across all Fiesta Models.
3. Yes, I remember seeing the toolkit, should be around the area where the spare tyre is.

@ ashish, you should be able to get the film removed/replaced. make sure you get a professional to do the job. here's the number off the garware website for their mumbai office, you might want to check with them about authorized retailers in your area, +91-22-6698 8000. also try looking up Just Dial - India's No.1 local search engine, may help.

Last edited by raamki : 23rd October 2009 at 00:23.

Most Viewed