Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2009, 00:52   #46
BHPian

Thanks ramki for clearing the doubts. I was worried and wanted to confirm this with fellow fiesta owners.
Old 23rd October 2009, 10:09   #47
Senior - BHPian

@ashish
C/D case - Wait for some time, let me try in one month time if any problem with my
c/d's after keeping them in the new c/d case fixed on the sunvisor.(there is warning note in the c/d case packing - '' High temperature damages cds. Do not store in closed cars. Protect from direct sunlight''). They are selling this product with such warning- then how they expect one to buy this c/d case and fix it on the sun visor?.
May be they want us to take away the c/d cases every time after parking the car.
Unwanted excercise ?
Cheers
Old 23rd October 2009, 10:18   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
@ashish
C/D case - Wait for some time, let me try in one month time if any problem with my
c/d's after keeping them in the new c/d case fixed on the sunvisor.(there is warning note in the c/d case packing - '' High temperature damages cds. Do not store in closed cars. Protect from direct sunlight''). They are selling this product with such warning- then how they expect one to buy this c/d case and fix it on the sun visor?.
May be they want us to take away the c/d cases every time after parking the car.
Unwanted excercise ?
Cheers
thanks nairrk. let me know your feedback. will wait till then. and yes, sunlight can damage the CDs. so i think i might make sense to remove the case and put it in the glovebox, if the car is likely to be parked in sun for a long time. But, as you said, it defeats the purposes of the cd case
Old 3rd November 2009, 14:11   #49
BHPian

hey guys,

Firstly apologies for not keeping my thread updated. was travelling a bit after diwali, and was not well the week after that. plus had some issues with net connection at home.

To start with, got my new reverse parking sensors last weekend. its from Autocop, with mirror display. Comes with 1 yr warranty. Costed me Rs. 3.5K. My views on the same

- Its a nice-to-have feature, esp if you have to park in tight spots (i have to). But, its not a must-have feature. if one is short of Vit-M, am sure one can do without this.
- the stock ford mirror is much better than the autocop mirror. The stock mirror is bright and clear. The new mirror seems dark and dull. its causes problems in the night esp. i guess i need to get used to it.
- the mirror has the option of switching off the sound as well as the display, in case one doesnt want either - nice feature. i generally keep the sound switched off (the beep beep is very irritating).
- will post some pics by tomorrow.

Some other issues:

- Am still finding it difficult to switch from 1st to 2nd gear. most of the times, i expereince a jerk. the jerk is more evident with a/c on. Initially, i thought its just a matter of getting used to the clutch settings, but that doesnt seem to be the case.
- when driving at very low speeds (for e.g. on bad roads / speed breakers), i find it difficult to pull the car in 2nd gear. it begins to stall, and i need to increase the RPM. further, if i try to slot in the 1st gear, i experince more than normal resistance.
- the gear slots are precise, but i experience little bit of resistance esp in 2nd gear - meaning the gear doesn't slot into its place smoothly, i need to add some pressure. i ensure that the clutch is fully pressed.
- i have to drive through slopes daily (my office is in powai and ppl living in mumbai would be aware of the slope on the Kailas Complex road). with a/c on, i find my car struggling a bit on the upward slope in 2nd gear. its not too serious - but without the a/c, the car pulls very well.

In view of the above, can the petrol fiesta owners throw light on the following

- Do you feel the performance of the car affected with a/c on. i do (its not as evident as a santro, but its still there). i thought the 1.6ltr engine would be powerful enough to absorb this.
- When driving over bad roads / speed breaker, should i shift to 1st gear. i recollect my santro dealer telling me that the 1st gear should be engaged only when the car has fully stopped - is this true for the fiesta as well? how does one navigate thru this?
- Does anyone find difficulty in slotting into gears, esp 2nd?

Am getting bit worried abt the above. it precludes me from enjoying my drive, as my attention is focused on the gears, RPM, jerks, etc...

help me guys

Thanks
Ashish
Old 3rd November 2009, 14:30   #50

I also experience some body rolling ( like an SUV type ) - is it because of the stock MRF tyres ?
Old 3rd November 2009, 14:35   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishgandhi_00 View Post
- Do you feel the performance of the car affected with a/c on. i do (its not as evident as a santro, but its still there). i thought the 1.6ltr engine would be powerful enough to absorb this.

Yes, only to an extent though (definitely not as evident as the drag on the Santro as I drive one myself too). You can only feel it at very slow speeds, shifting from 1st to 2nd gears at most times, very evident on slopes. my car struggled to climb the nandi hill road on the 2nd gear, had to up shift to first around each hairpin bend en route!

- When driving over bad roads / speed breaker, should i shift to 1st gear. i recollect my santro dealer telling me that the 1st gear should be engaged only when the car has fully stopped - is this true for the fiesta as well? how does one navigate thru this?

No, you should not have a problem going over bad roads/speed breakers on the 2nd gear. I guess it depends on the usage of the clutch after the car has gone over the speed breaker. Try using more acceleration (moderate rpm) + little clutch.

- Does anyone find difficulty in slotting into gears, esp 2nd?

Nope, had a torrid time slotting it into the first gear in the first couple of days of driving the car, it wouldn't engage properly and make a terrible noise. I've had to make sure it's engaged properly before taking my foot off the clutch, which am getting used to now.

Am getting bit worried abt the above. it precludes me from enjoying my drive, as my attention is focused on the gears, RPM, jerks, etc...
My comments in BOLD/Italics. Really, I do not see anything wrong with the car at all here, she's just fine! I guess with time, you'll just get used to handling her better!

Cheers man!
Old 3rd November 2009, 14:40   #52
Senior - BHPian

- A/C or NO A/C, I dont feel any difference in my car. I always drive with A/c on.
- I used to climb most of the upward slope in 3rd gear (with a/c on) without any
difficulty. The car climb very easily hence I used to overtake many speeding trucks
(who dont like to give side even if you keep honking) on the upward slope.
-Yes, mostly you need to shift to 1st gear if the car has to be moved from idle position. Moving car (in slower speed) you can control in 2nd gear.

if the problem persists ,suggest take the car to the service centre and have service engineer check the car.
Thanks
Old 3rd November 2009, 20:55   #53
BHPian

Ashish@ Its normal and its just require proper Clutch+Gear+Acceleration combination. I had same issue but now I almost came out of it.

In case of Diesel, the speed is very limited so you can't drag the car long in 1st & 2nd gear (same is applicable for other car brands). But if you try moving gears immediately then you face problem of jerks & turning off the engine. So in case of B2B traffic or bad roads make sure you keep consistent speed in one gear and once you feel road is bit clear then move gear in upwards.

So relax and enjoy the drive as there is no issue with your car

Last edited by kumar7 : 3rd November 2009 at 20:58.
Old 4th November 2009, 13:45   #54
Senior - BHPian

You do not need to shift to 1st gear on bad roads or speed breakers---2nd would do, provided you get used to operating the clutch and throttle.

But on steep slopes, if the speed has dropped to crawling speeds, one does need to shift to 1st----there is indeed a dead spot there.

I have no difficulty in slotting to any gear, except to reverse when I start the car after a long time.
Old 4th November 2009, 14:59   #55
Senior - BHPian

I have no difficulty in any gear right from the 1st day. Most speed breakers and bad roads are done in 2nd gear without any struggle with AC ON. There are certain speed breakers without any shape or uniform size, that are sure of scraping the bottom with 3 people inside. Such places are done on 1st gear as the engine is at ease than struggling in 2nd. I think its more to do with the engine noise and our brain tuned to each other. But with my present ICE, I dont hear a thing from outside, so its pure vision-co-ordination.
Old 4th November 2009, 19:00   #56
BHPian

Thanks all for the inputs.. will try to play it easy and enjoy the drive. guess i was getting too conscious with the gear changes et all...
Old 5th November 2009, 03:12   #57
BHPian

Ashish - I am not having any issues till now on vehicle pulling capabilities with A/C. It is pulling better than my esteem. At what RPM do you face this issue? I normally keep it above 1500 so that i am not shifting to 1st for any reason. First is strictly used only to move the vehicle from standstill.
Old 5th November 2009, 12:08   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
Ashish - I am not having any issues till now on vehicle pulling capabilities with A/C. It is pulling better than my esteem. At what RPM do you face this issue? I normally keep it above 1500 so that i am not shifting to 1st for any reason. First is strictly used only to move the vehicle from standstill.
Thanks Moonraker. thats exactly my understanding - first should be used only when the car is fully stationary. hence, i was in doubt abt how to steer the car at very low speeds. generally, the car begins to stall when the RPM falls below 1K (esp in 2nd gear). so, i have to increase the RPM and then play the clutch properly so that i don't incease the speed too much and at the same time, dont stall the car. Thats a task. but its more abt getting used to the clutch play

thanks
Ashish
Old 5th November 2009, 12:47   #59
BHPian

Spoiler issue

Guys,

This is in continuation of the spoiler issue from Kumar's thread.

To recap, it seems i have been cheated by my dealer. He passed on a non-genuine spoler (with light) as a ford GA (geniune accessory). There is a unanimous view on Tbhp that ford GA spoiler doesn't have a light.

i tried to recap the various events during my negotiations with the dealer.

i had prepared a word file capturing the final deal with Bhavna Ford. The file is attached. As you can see, the dealer had earlier agreed for Rs. 8 lacs (with all accessories listed therein). you can see a cigar lighter in the list. The prices are based on estimates given by dealer + ford pricing list available on Tbhp (i think on Shaju's thread)

After this, i got an update on Tbhp that a cigar lighter may not be required for phone charging (i dont smoke, and i wanted the lighter for phone charging). So i cancelled the cigar lighter, and asked the dealer what can he offer in exchange. he said why dont i take the spoler with light. so i agreed. Then, few days later, the dealer called saying that he just cannot absorb such a huge cost, and i will have to pay Rs. 3K more (sorry, i had written Rs. 2K in my earlier thread), if i want original spoiler. I tried to bargain, but he put his foot down. i agreed, since Rs. 3k was not a big amt (compared to Rs. 8 lacs).

So, the dealer took Rs. 3k extra from me and offered me a non-genuine spoiler WOW... i cant believe it.

am still thinking how do i handle this situation...
Attached Files
File Type: doc Ford Fiesta deal - bhavna.doc (36.0 KB, 476 views)
Old 5th November 2009, 12:58   #60
Senior - BHPian

I think they have charged more for the mud flops,floor mats, boot mat and antirust
coating
I have paid Rs.2240 for Ford mud flops, floor mats,boot mat and Rs.2800 for Antirust
coating.
Anyway the rear spoiler is really spoiled you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks