Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2009, 00:37   #76
BHPian

Gilead there is no auto dim reverse mirror given in a Fiesta,to decrease the glare you have to do it manually by pushing the small protruding stub backward or forward not sure though.

Last edited by yogi1771 : 7th November 2009 at 00:39.
Old 7th November 2009, 00:56   #77
BHPian

Somehow I liked decklid chrome handle which in case of ZXI comes with body color.The price of it is approx 3.6K which I feel is some what too costly.

Do we get it from outside?

Who ever sits on next seat complains about sharp edges of seat belts & sometime I felt the same (not regular) so planning to buy a set of Ford seat belt cover costing 110/- each.

Ford pillows have good side design but I think its not washable as cover it stitched. When I checked displayed pillow it was full of dust so looking for good small pillows which adds rich look (specially beige color)
Old 7th November 2009, 10:40   #78
Senior - BHPian

thanks for posting pics of Rear parking sensors, how comfortable is using the rear view LED, i think a LCD display can also be a good option
Old 8th November 2009, 00:43   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
Who ever sits on next seat complains about sharp edges of seat belts & sometime I felt the same (not regular) so planning to buy a set of Ford seat belt cover costing 110/- each.
Kumar, what is a seat belt cover? Does it go on top of the belt lock? Please post a pic if you can.

Ashish: Were you able to sort out the issues today with your crook of a dealer?
Old 8th November 2009, 00:56   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Kumar, what is a seat belt cover? Does it go on top of the belt lock? Please post a pic if you can.
sounds like a cover for the top portion of the belt, maybe a cushion? there have been instances where wifey has complained that the belt goes all the way up her neck causing some irritation.
Old 8th November 2009, 17:45   #81
BHPian

Seat Belt Pad

Though its not a very big thing as you can get it in regular shops as well!
Attached Thumbnails
My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium-img071.jpg  

Old 8th November 2009, 17:55   #82
Senior - BHPian

@kumar7You bought it from the dealer or outside accessory shop as I can see the Ford logo on it?Thanks
Old 8th November 2009, 18:07   #83
BHPian

I bought it from Ford dealer & it seems to be genuine one as Ford serial number was printed on the box.
Old 8th November 2009, 18:35   #84
BHPian

@Kumar7 what was the cost of it, and does it comes in other colours as well or just plain black?
Old 8th November 2009, 21:29   #85
BHPian

I believe its available in black only & black is preferred color as it matches with seat belt color.

If you want to match with interiors then you need to check local shops (non branded).

I bought a pair for Rs 222/- (111 per piece)

Last edited by kumar7 : 8th November 2009 at 21:39.
Old 9th November 2009, 12:58   #86
BHPian

All,

i couldnt visit the dealer on saturday - had an unscheduled full day meeting in office...

i decided to strategise this a bit. i thought i should get the docs first, before getting on the spoiler issue. the dealer chap is dilly-dallying a lot, which is worrying me.

i called the dealer on friday evening and told him (very sternly) that i want the following documents by Monday:
(1) RTO tax paid receipt
(2) a dealer invoice containing full break-up of Rs. 8.03 lacs that i paid.

reg 2, i told him that its needed for income tax purpose. i also told him to list all accessories that he has provided me - so that when i want to re-sale the car, i can prove which accessories are genuine.

let's see what he puts in the invoice reg the spoiler. If he mentions 'ford spoiler', i will get another stick to beat him. even if he doesn't, am not gonna spare him

Just hope he sends me the documents this week, so that i can visit him this saturday for the spoiler. i really cant trust him anymore

thanks
Old 9th November 2009, 13:07   #87
BHPian

scratch

ok guys, finally got my first scratch, and 2 more.

Was so tied up with work + bad health since last 2 weeks, that i didnt get time to inspect my car. did it yesterday, and found 3 scratches. pics attached.

Felt really low / sad on seeing the scratches (still feeling). though i was expecting scratches to come sooner or later (thats the price mumbaites have to pay for shortage of space), i didnt expect them so soon and in lots.

During my first service (due on 19 Dec) will check with the dealer whether anything can be done for the same

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium-photo0241t.jpg  

My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium-photo0242t.jpg  

My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium-photo0243t.jpg  

Old 9th November 2009, 13:19   #88
BHPian

@Ashishgandhi00, feeling so sorry and sad about you, as the things you have been witnessing has happened quite a few times with me in life.

Are the spoiler issue, bad dealer were not enough that you got scratches on your beauty as well???

Would like to suggest you to take a deep breath think about good things in life and most importantly the enjoyment while you drive your beauty.

There's always something good lying at the end of dark tunnel, all the best bro.
Old 9th November 2009, 13:25   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishgandhi_00 View Post
All,

i couldnt visit the dealer on saturday - had an unscheduled full day meeting in office...

i decided to strategise this a bit. i thought i should get the docs first, before getting on the spoiler issue. the dealer chap is dilly-dallying a lot, which is worrying me.

i called the dealer on friday evening and told him (very sternly) that i want the following documents by Monday:
(1) RTO tax paid receipt
(2) a dealer invoice containing full break-up of Rs. 8.03 lacs that i paid.

reg 2, i told him that its needed for income tax purpose. i also told him to list all accessories that he has provided me - so that when i want to re-sale the car, i can prove which accessories are genuine.

let's see what he puts in the invoice reg the spoiler. If he mentions 'ford spoiler', i will get another stick to beat him. even if he doesn't, am not gonna spare him

Just hope he sends me the documents this week, so that i can visit him this saturday for the spoiler. i really cant trust him anymore

thanks
+
My freind, do your dealer has got email or fax?
Whatever you told him on phone, please copy it in writing to him. It may then will go to the higher ups and also you have proof in hand, incase later you need to take up the issue with FORD.
Old 9th November 2009, 13:34   #90
Senior - BHPian

The second scratch looks like it was done by a miscreant with a key.

Most Viewed