Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2009, 18:23   #1
BHPian

My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium

Hi guys,

Finally got my new baby home - the Fiesta Sxi premium in Platinum color. This is my initial ownership thread. Details abt my booking experience, PDI, etc are in a separate thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...lp-needed.html

The delivery date was 19.09.09. [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Left home at 11 AM, and reached the dealer (Bhavna Ford, Nerul) at noon. Saw a platinum Sxi premium waiting outside the showroom, and guessed that it was mine. [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Went inside the showroom and met the sales guy. He was pretty cordial and helpful. The papers were ready. He took me through all the papers (owners manual, warranty docs, insurance receipt, delivery checklist). Before signing the delivery checklist, I asked him to show me the car.[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']We went out to see the car. It was getting cleaned. The car was shining in the noon sun and looked bright, new and very attractive. [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']I first checked the VIN (to match with the one provided during PDI – which it did). Then checked the odo – it read 25kms. [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Then I started checking the accessories which the dealer had promised. Everything was present, except that the neck rest and cushions weren’t beige color, instead they were black. I insisted on beige colored ones, since black wasnt matching with the beige interiors. He checked and said that Ford has stopped making beige cushions and all cars are now being offered black color. I took the black ones reluctantly, but asked him to keep checking and if beige becomes available, to replace my black ones. I doubt that would ever happen (now that I have taken the black ones)[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Then I switched on the car and checked basic things like the AC, music system, lights, indicators, etc. Everything seemed to be in order. Opened the bonnet and asked the sales guy to explain me what lies where. Interestingly, the engine compartment is marked with certain yellow caps – these are the items which need to be checked during every servicing. These are the engine oil, coolant, brake fluid, power steering fluid and washer water. Neat feature!![/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']I then paid the balance amount (had retained back 10K), took all documents and vroom – was on my way back. First stop at the fuel station, since there was very little fuel in the car.[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']This car is in a completely different league compared to my existing Santro (no grudges against the Santro – she’s skillfully done duty for the last 4.5 yrs). The steering and the clutch esp are silky smooth. The gear slots are short and precise. The pick-up is awesome and addictive – I was constantly keeping an eye on the RPM indicator so as not to cross the 2-2.5K mark (run-in period). [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']A lot has been said and seen abt the features, interiors, and exteriors of the Fiesta. I will just add my cents and lots of pics.[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']What I liked abt the Fiesta:[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']- [/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']New Premium version looks pretty sleek, except the chrome ORVM[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']- [/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Overall driving experience is very nice and addictive[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']- [/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']The interiors look plush and cosy[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']- [/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']The smaller turning radius is a boon in city[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']- [/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']The ICE is pretty good, and meets my expectations - no mods for the moment[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']- [/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']The tyres do the duty neatly, so no mods here as well.[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']What I didn’t like abt the Fiesta:[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri]-[/FONT][/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']While locking or unlocking, there is no noise (lights do blink, but in broad daylight, one can miss the light blink). I need to re-check whether the doors have been locked. [/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']- [/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']There is no space to keep a small tissue box on the front dashboard. Am still struggling to find a place to keep it.[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']- [/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']The sun film isn’t effective (dealer mistake). I guess I will get it changed sooner than later.[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Some features which the next gen Fiesta should have:[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']- Automatic Climate Control[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']- [/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Electrically foldable ORVMs (esp since they have indicators on them and are expensive to replace)[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']- [/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']USB port[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']- [/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Steering mounted audio control (this would reduce distraction while driving, when the driver wants to change the song / station or adjust volume).[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']- [/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Change the indicator stalk positioning[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Some questions abt the Fiesta:[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][FONT=Calibri]- [/FONT]There is a red dot (in the panel housing the temp and fuel gauge), which keeps on blinking continously, after you turn off the car. I referred the manual and it says the red dot is the indicator for engine immobilizer – but why does it blink continuously?[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']- [/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']What tyre pressure should be maintained? The manual says 30 in front tyres and 35 in rear – is this ok for city driving?[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']- [/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Are the front and rear braking systems different? I found the front breaks a bit rusted, while the rear brakes were dark black in color. Is the rust on front brakes of any concern?[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']- [/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Are there any risk / concern in removing existing sun-film and getting new installed?[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Planned upgrades / accessories:[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']- Rear parking sensor (autocop with mirror display – Rs. 3200)[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']- [/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Rear sun blind[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']- [/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Removable sun blind for the front. There’s no closed parking in my apartment / office. The car is parked in the sun – the sun blind will help keep the interiors cool.[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']- [/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']New sun film[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']All in all, am very happy with my new Fiesta, and am just waiting for the run-in period to get over so that I can rev her happily [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Would like to again sincerely thank shajufx, raamki, vnabhi, frankmehta, kumar, yajaman, gksunil, and all other fiesta tbhpains whose inputs were crucial in the entire process (from selection to delivery)[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Pics to follow (the file size is an issue, and am trying to reduce the size below the permissible 1mb limit)[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Thanks[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Last edited by ashishgandhi_00 : 21st September 2009 at 18:34.
Old 21st September 2009, 18:54   #2
BHPian

Dear ashishgandhi, congrats on your new fiesta. Your post is unreadable. Don't type in MS word, copy and paste it. Use Note Pad if you are copying and pasting. Otherwise type directly in the post.

I have recreated your post to prevent hassels of retyping the post again. I know you are excited about your Fiesta!

Hi guys,
Finally got my new baby home - the Fiesta Sxi premium in Platinum color. This is my initial ownership thread. Details abt my booking experience, PDI, etc are in a separate thread - Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community (Ford Fiesta 1.6 Sxi premium - help needed)
The delivery date was 19.09.09. Left home at 11 AM, and reached the dealer (Bhavna Ford, Nerul) at noon. Saw a platinum Sxi premium waiting outside the showroom, and guessed that it was mine.
Went inside the showroom and met the sales guy. He was pretty cordial and helpful. The papers were ready. He took me through all the papers (owners manual, warranty docs, insurance receipt, delivery checklist). Before signing the delivery checklist, I asked him to show me the car.
We went out to see the car. It was getting cleaned. The car was shining in the noon sun and looked bright, new and very attractive.
I first checked the VIN (to match with the one provided during PDI – which it did). Then checked the odo – it read 25kms.
Then I started checking the accessories which the dealer had promised. Everything was present, except that the neck rest and cushions weren’t beige color, instead they were black. I insisted on beige colored ones, since black wasnt matching with the beige interiors. He checked and said that Ford has stopped making beige cushions and all cars are now being offered black color. I took the black ones reluctantly, but asked him to keep checking and if beige becomes available, to replace my black ones. I doubt that would ever happen (now that I have taken the black ones)
Then I switched on the car and checked basic things like the AC, music system, lights, indicators, etc. Everything seemed to be in order. Opened the bonnet and asked the sales guy to explain me what lies where. Interestingly, the engine compartment is marked with certain yellow caps – these are the items which need to be checked during every servicing. These are the engine oil, coolant, brake fluid, power steering fluid and washer water. Neat feature!!
I then paid the balance amount (had retained back 10K), took all documents and vroom – was on my way back. First stop at the fuel station, since there was very little fuel in the car.
This car is in a completely different league compared to my existing Santro (no grudges against the Santro – she’s skillfully done duty for the last 4.5 yrs). The steering and the clutch esp are silky smooth. The gear slots are short and precise. The pick-up is awesome and addictive – I was constantly keeping an eye on the RPM indicator so as not to cross the 2-2.5K mark (run-in period).
A lot has been said and seen abt the features, interiors, and exteriors of the Fiesta. I will just add my cents and lots of pics.
What I liked abt the Fiesta:
- New Premium version looks pretty sleek, except the chrome ORVM
- Overall driving experience is very nice and addictive
- The interiors look plush and cosy
- The smaller turning radius is a boon in city
- The ICE is pretty good, and meets my expectations - no mods for the moment
- The tyres do the duty neatly, so no mods here as well.
What I didn’t like abt the Fiesta:
-While locking or unlocking, there is no noise (lights do blink, but in broad daylight, one can miss the light blink). I need to re-check whether the doors have been locked.
- There is no space to keep a small tissue box on the front dashboard. Am still struggling to find a place to keep it.
- The sun film isn’t effective (dealer mistake). I guess I will get it changed sooner than later.
Some features which the next gen Fiesta should have:
- Automatic Climate Control
- Electrically foldable ORVMs (esp since they have indicators on them and are expensive to replace)
- USB port
- Steering mounted audio control (this would reduce distraction while driving, when the driver wants to change the song / station or adjust volume).
- Change the indicator stalk positioning
Some questions abt the Fiesta:
- There is a red dot (in the panel housing the temp and fuel gauge), which keeps on blinking continously, after you turn off the car. I referred the manual and it says the red dot is the indicator for engine immobilizer – but why does it blink continuously?
- What tyre pressure should be maintained? The manual says 30 in front tyres and 35 in rear – is this ok for city driving?
- Are the front and rear braking systems different? I found the front breaks a bit rusted, while the rear brakes were dark black in color. Is the rust on front brakes of any concern?
- Are there any risk / concern in removing existing sun-film and getting new installed?
Planned upgrades / accessories:
- Rear parking sensor (autocop with mirror display – Rs. 3200)
- Rear sun blind
- Removable sun blind for the front. There’s no closed parking in my apartment / office. The car is parked in the sun – the sun blind will help keep the interiors cool.
- New sun film
All in all, am very happy with my new Fiesta, and am just waiting for the run-in period to get over so that I can rev her happily
Would like to again sincerely thank shajufx, raamki, vnabhi, frankmehta, kumar, yajaman, gksunil, and all other fiesta tbhpains whose inputs were crucial in the entire process (from selection to delivery)
Pics to follow (the file size is an issue, and am trying to reduce the size below the permissible 1mb limit)
Thanks

Last edited by Sarvodaya : 21st September 2009 at 18:58.
Old 21st September 2009, 19:22   #3
BHPian

Exterior pics attached. Interior pics to follow...
Attached Thumbnails
My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium-ts5031663.jpg  

My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium-ts5031677.jpg  

My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium-ts5031666n.jpg  

My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium-ts5031667.jpg  

My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium-ts5031668.jpg  

My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium-ts5031669.jpg  

My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium-ts5031670.jpg  

My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium-ts5031678.jpg  

My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium-ts5031694.jpg  

My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium-ts5031701.jpg  

Old 21st September 2009, 19:25   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
Dear ashishgandhi, congrats on your new fiesta. Your post is unreadable. Don't type in MS word, copy and paste it. Use Note Pad if you are copying and pasting. Otherwise type directly in the post.

I have recreated your post to prevent hassels of retyping the post again. I know you are excited about your Fiesta!
- Are there any risk / concern in removing existing sun-film and getting new installed?
Pics to follow (the file size is an issue, and am trying to reduce the size below the permissible 1mb limit)
Thanks
Sarvodaya@ First off all thanks for correcting the format and uploading it again.

Ashish@ Very nicely you put your feelings & thoughts and covering all aspects.

- From all sun film threads I learnt is that you should not remove the sunfilm as it will leave marks behind.

Waiting for clips
Old 21st September 2009, 19:30   #5
BHPian

Interior pics attached...
Attached Thumbnails
My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium-ts5031679.jpg  

My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium-ts5031680.jpg  

My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium-ts5031681.jpg  

My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium-ts5031686.jpg  

My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium-ts5031705.jpg  

My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium-ts5031706.jpg  

My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium-ts5031707.jpg  

My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium-ts5031708.jpg  

My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium-ts5031716.jpg  

My new baby's home - the Ford Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium-ts5031717.jpg  

Old 21st September 2009, 19:32   #6
BHPian

@ sarvodaya - thanks a ton... it would have been really difficult to re-create the post...

@ kumar - pics uploaded
Old 21st September 2009, 20:08   #7
BHPian

Dear ashishgandhi, nice colour choice, interiors are good. But the seat are light coloured. You may have problems in keeping them clean. But Ford should have given improved ICE with USB, Aux In. Wish you many happy miles of motoring.
Old 21st September 2009, 20:17   #8
BHPian

Congrats Ashish on the new car. Enjoy the power and handling. Remember that the run-in is not just for the engine, its there for the tyres and brakes as well. Be sane for the first 200-300kms!! Enjoy the ownership.

Dont worry about the slight rust on the front discs. It will go off with use. The back brakes look black because its a drum setup and what you see is the drum painted black. By the way, I just love the fact that there is no sound when I lock and unlock. Feels better than those that make some weird noise.

Sarvodaya, thanks for making the post readable.
Old 21st September 2009, 21:42   #9
BHPian

Congrats!
The red dot is indicating that PATS is on and it will keep blinking. As for emoving the sunfilm, I haven't installed sunfilms yet; but I think it can be done.
I am keeping the same tyre pressure which the metro ford people filled during the tyre change. At that time it was 30 and 35 . Enjoy your driving.
Old 21st September 2009, 22:31   #10
Senior - BHPian

congrats ashishgandhi_00 in getting the fiesta.

What I like most in your car - the sporty pedals.

What I do not like that much (STRICTLY IMO) - chrome ORVMs (they really stand out!)

Do post extensively about your driving experience.
Old 21st September 2009, 23:49   #11
BHPian

Congrats buddy, nice snaps, spot on observation. We are in the same boat - Santro to Fiesta (only difference yours petrol mine diesel).

Keep updating !
Old 22nd September 2009, 00:32   #12
BHPian

ashish!! congrats again buddy!! enjoy your fiesta to the fullest and keep posting more and more pics!!

PS: Rajesh, can that boat accomodate 1 more person??

Edit: Ashish, do away with that blue bhavna ford sticker on the number plate at the back, it so does not go with the color of the car at all!!

Last edited by raamki : 22nd September 2009 at 00:34.
Old 22nd September 2009, 17:18   #13
BHPian

thanks all for the wishes. have been tied up with imp meetings at office, lasting for next 3 days.

will keep updating this post.
Old 22nd September 2009, 18:30   #14
Senior - BHPian

congrats ashish! we Fiesta owners are making a mark. LOL. Great car, great photos and God bless!!
Cheers man. I am SO happy!
Old 22nd September 2009, 19:00   #15
BHPian

Hey Congrats on the new buy.
Just noticed that the Ambipur bottle is in the center vent. Do not leave it there since if in case there is a leak the 'wood' panel would get damaged.
You can put it in the extreme air vents.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks