Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2009, 17:23   #1
BHPian

Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 - Concorde Motors Hosur Road, Bangalore - Servicing Woes

Folks,

I just got my Stile serviced yesterday. The 3 free services are over and to maintain the "Extended Warranty" criteria I took it to Concorde Service Centre on Hosur Road yesterday. The vehicle had clocked 21,450 Kms (picked it up Jan 2008). I reached by 9:30 and mentioned the issues faced apart from the routine service. Problems
1) Front Door Lamp not working
2) Noise from Front Disc's - Pads needed to be replaced (was aware of this).
3) Dent on the panel above the fuel tank
4) Front passenger floor had developed a kind of "hump". Really dont know how this has happened, looks like the vehicle went over something tall and there was a dent forcing the floor to "raise up"
5) Light Scratches - They said polishing would cost extra 700 + taxes . I said no thankyou. They offered to clean my seats at another 700 , for which I told no thankyou.

Was told upfront that points 3 & 4 could not be addressed as it needed work from the bodyshop department and being ID the people were on holiday. So it was just routine service with Oil change and brake pad change.

The job sheet indicated "1400" for Routine Service Labour + "1000" for Oil , "450" for Brake Pad Change Labour and + "to be estimated" for brake pad spares . I made a comment about the labour being too high. The service engineer who attended my vehicle was Suresh.

Went in the evening to pick the vehicle up and was told to wait in the reception and was given the bill. I told them I would like to look at the vehicle before paying up. They took me around and I took it for a spin and came back, it was fine. It was 6:20 PM.

I told them that the labour charge (1400) was very high cosidering that it was just an oil change and that they shouldnt have chaged additional 450 for brake pad replacement, since they had to anyway check the brake pads in the service. They said the concerned manager was off and the bill was printed and they couldnt do much about it. A manager Prem offered discounts on the next service (2% on spares and 10% on labour). He said he would take up the case with the manager Javed and would call me back today (22nd September 09).

I paid up the amount and was asked to fill a feedback form, which I did and mentioned my concerns about the cost being high. Another feedback form for the servicing (washing exterior interior etc) parameters was given to me with the VALUES ALREADY FILLED IN !!!... I made a comment, how come this is already filled up. They gave some lame excuse. I just wanted to get home and went to the vehicle and just started her and there was a noise. It turned out that the starter had a problem. I was thinking how come there is no issue till the free serice is there and suddenly there are a lot of issues. It just happened out of the blue. Another person said that some lubrication was needed and took the car inside and put it on a ramp.

Thats when I noticed that the underchassis had NEVER BEEN WASHED. I blasted the concerned "Washing in-charge" and he argued saying that it happened when I took it for a trial run earlier. I said no way so much of mud / grime could come on to the body in a 1 km drive. I went back to the office and took it up with Prem. He appologized and took it up with the "Washing in-charge" person. I told Prem that PRECISELY BECAUSE OF THE AFTER SALES SERVICE people are NOT HAPPY WITH FIAT and were losing a lot of potential customers.

After the starter was fixed the "Washing in-charge" wanted to take the vehicle for washing again. He started the vehicle without even waiting for the Fuel Injector light to go off and it stalled. I told him about the same and then he followed the procedure . He took it back to the cleaning bay and the under chassis was washed again . Prem offered appolgies and I remarked that no wonder they had filled the feedback form themselves and rated themselves very high. He applogized profusely and said his manager "Javed" would call me today. There has been no call till now and I gave him a call. He said he was going through my case and would like to meet me at my residence tomorrow. Hes gonna come tomorrow.

My suggestion to people who have completed their Free Service and are due for 4th Service is to get all work done at some private garage except for the ones mentioned in the Extended Warranty (if applicable) so as to honour the warranty.

Will keep you posted on what happens tomorrow.

PS : Would like to send this mail to Mr. Mangesh Kodaklar (Head of After Sales Service). Can someone help me with this. Also I am planning to upsize my tyres next montth. I have read so many posts on the group and somewhere along I got lost. Has anyone recently upsized their tyres? Please let me know the size & make.

--
Vivek
Old 22nd September 2009, 17:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

1400/- for routine service labor is exorbitant by any standard. In Pune the regular servicing labor is in between 550 - 650.
Old 22nd September 2009, 18:22   #3
BHPian

Try Prerana on Hosur Road

Hard luck mate. Try Prerana on Hosur Road, they're very good. I got my car serviced from there on Friday & all issues I had reported were taken care of.

As a passing comment just before I left after giving the car I had mentioned the squeaking sound of the springs on the driver's seat. After I got my car back, haven't heard a squeak.

They have also fixed some little things that I had missed out on mentioning, little things that we don't pay much attention to.

My second & third service have been from Prerana on Hosur road & both have been outstanding. 1st service was at Greentracks, that wasn't bad either.

Concorde motors have always have had a bad reputation. Their clientele is largely made up of the cabbies.
Old 23rd September 2009, 13:04   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAINMAKER View Post

PS : Would like to send this mail to Mr. Mangesh Kodaklar (Head of After Sales Service). Can someone help me with this. Also I am planning to upsize my tyres next montth. I have read so many posts on the group and somewhere along I got lost. Has anyone recently upsized their tyres? Please let me know the size & make.
--
Vivek

Hmmm...sad to hear about what happened to you.
I know the concerned people at Concorde Hosur Road that you have mentioned as I have taken multiple vehicles to them.Feel free to PM me if you need to have something addressed at Concorde Hosur Road. I will come with you and speak to them.
Old 23rd September 2009, 13:27   #5
BHPian

Where is this Concorde Motors? I have been to Prerana Motors, Brought the car from them, Fiat Palio 1.6 about an year back. Done 3 free services till now. They are pretty good and we get to fill up the feedback form ourselves . Try them next time.
Old 18th November 2009, 15:26   #6
Senior - BHPian

Contact information of Fiat and Mangesh is here :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1573207

Also add ceo@concordemotors.com to the list.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 18th November 2009 at 15:29.
Old 18th November 2009, 15:37   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAINMAKER View Post
4) Front passenger floor had developed a kind of "hump". Really dont know how this has happened, looks like the vehicle went over something tall and there was a dent forcing the floor to "raise up"
Must have been a pretty bad scrape considering the inner floor has been dented.

And what was wrong with the starter?
Old 18th November 2009, 22:12   #8
BHPian

The hump seems to be a 'feature' Even my Adventure has it like that. I don't remember going over a bad hump or anything. Same front passenger side.
Old 14th June 2010, 00:09   #9

Hi Vivek,

I have been visiting concorde BBII Unit for more than 2.5 years now and I have never faced any of these problems. I would suggest, under such cases, you can approach Mr. Murali from the same workshop, who is the service head.

I agree that sometimes, the washing scores are pre-filled and all that the consumer does is to just sign and push off. More importantly, above all this, recent news from Fiat India is the introduction of Fiat Uno back which signals the end of Palio. As of now, I still do not have any concrete news from Fiat regarding this. The article was printed in Economic times news paper this 11th June 2010, Bangalore Edition. Lets hope...that Fiat would take care to see that we get the spares for Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport still on time.
Old 14th June 2010, 08:07   #10
Senior - BHPian

service@fiapl.com and mangesh.kodalkar@fiapl.com

Make it a point to send in the feedback. These dealers should not be let to get away with such things.

Were you having problems with the starter motor or did it happen just after the service. Are you sure they have not tampered with anything?
Old 14th June 2010, 08:23   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sans_80 View Post
Hi Vivek,
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Were you having problems with the starter motor or did it happen just after the service. Are you sure they have not tampered with anything?
Considering it has been about 9 months since RAINMAKER aka Vivek posted this thread, am sure Vivek would have found a better service center - he apparently seems to be enjoying his ride, what with new footwear and all
(Check the fender eating the tyre thread in tyres and alloy wheel section)
Old 25th March 2011, 01:30   #12

Re: Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 - Concorde Motors Hosur Road, Bangalore - Servicing Woes

A Small Update from my side. I have been facing starter problem in my Fiat 1.6 Stile Sport (Dec 2007, 23000 kms). I have taken up the issue with the Fiat Service Team at Pune.

I was informed that the starter motor has to be replaced and it costs nearly 9k. The starter motor is a valeo make and it takes close to two weeks to get the part shipped to Blore. Wondering why can't Concorde house such critical parts.

I have taken up the issue with Fiat India service team. It's been close to 10 days now, hoping to get the starter motor in a couple of days from now.

- Santosh R. Punagin
Old 25th March 2011, 14:08   #13
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 - Concorde Motors Hosur Road, Bangalore - Servicing Woes

^Whats the exact symptoms you face ? I had starting issues last time and it was diagnosed down the the crank position sensor

Most Viewed