Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2009, 23:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

@sharma_sanjeevi

Will post the interior pics tomorrow morning.

@amit

I wrapped up the whole sunfilm deal for 10k. This included a CR-70 front windshield film as well.

@driving_smartly

No, Pandit gave us zilch. Not even mattings. The OTR was 6,21,000.

@coolboy

Thanks! I was getting worried. Sometimes I feel the car tugs back even at higher gears. This happens more often when the ACC is on. Do you think it has something to do with the compressor and the engine fan? Do you face something similar?

@harry

Pics coming right up tomorrow morning!

@arishi

Will do that. Do check out crimson's thread. He bought similar ones. Do you want permanent ones? The ones attached via Velcro or hooks?
It'd make it look better but ruin the seat afaik. Perhaps some expert can guide us better with this.
Do check out G-Sport Art Leather covers. They are supposed to be slightly expensive (~8k). Wanna know if they are really worth it.

@NutsnBolts

Hehe the guy really was a wacko! Anyways it was a moot point. Fiat pwns Hyundai always.

@Silentengine

It really has... I have really never driven anything like it. I found it as much fun to drive as the Optra Magnum tdi.
Old 23rd September 2009, 23:47   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
The OTR was 6,21,000.
Whoa. Wish I was not staying in Bangalore. Punto 1.4 Emotion Pack OTR in Bangalore is 6.65 lakhs because of ridiculously high road tax .
Old 23rd September 2009, 23:49   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@coolboy
Thanks! I was getting worried. Sometimes I feel the car tugs back even at higher gears. This happens more often when the ACC is on. Do you think it has something to do with the compressor and the engine fan? Do you face something similar?
There is an effect of ACC on the initial pickup of the car. My observation is that if you keep the car above 2000 RPM in any gear then the rev happy 1.4 will not disappoint you. When the compressor kicks in or goes off there is a considerable diff in how the car drives and one can feel it while driving.
Are you referring to that?

Am again rushing to a good 700 kms highway drive with my Linea and will revv her nicely. Missing the awesome engine note at 6000RPM from a long time, dont get tempted, complete run in properly though fiat doesnt even mention about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi
Whoa. Wish I was not staying in Bangalore. Punto 1.4 Emotion Pack OTR in Bangalore is 6.65 lakhs because of ridiculously high road tax
Whoa, seems prices have increased or your cities charge a lot of tax. Linea Emotion pack 1.4 costed me 7.5L OTR in Delhi in April (saved 7k on insurance). Is there only a diff of 1L between Linea and Punto E+1.4?

Last edited by coolboy007 : 23rd September 2009 at 23:51.
Old 23rd September 2009, 23:52   #19
BHPian

Quote:
@sharma_sanjeevi
Will do that. Do check out crimson's thread. He bought similar ones. Do you want permanent ones? The ones attached via Velcro or hooks?
It'd make it look better but ruin the seat afaik. Perhaps some expert can guide us better with this.
Do check out G-Sport Art Leather covers. They are supposed to be slightly expensive (~8k). Wanna know if they are really worth it.
I have a budget of about 10K for the seat covers, I think I would go for the permanent one. The one that Crimson has looks good. This is my first car in India so not very sure how Leather will behave in the Hot Indian Climate, before this I was driving Accord V6 in US with Leathers definitely the look & feel is much higher in a leather but not sure if it will be comfortable for this climate. Will keep you posted on what I end up with. And hey open to suggestions also in terms of what Sun Film and other accessories I should go with. I am also thinking of giving the car some Chrome treatment like Crimson has done
Old 24th September 2009, 00:46   #20
Senior - BHPian

Oh yeah those chrome beadings look awesome. I was looking for them here, will continue searching in Delhi.

As far as the sun film is concerned... Do go in for the CR series for the front windshield. It'll be responsible for most of the heat rejection. 3M CR-70 for front and RE-35 for rest would land up close to 10k. As far as seats are concerned, 10k won't get you genuine leather. IMO your best option would be G-Sport art leather covers.
Old 24th September 2009, 01:09   #21
BHPian

Punto is great as is other stuff from Fiat. The only grime I have is the huge steering wheels.....i mean cmon u r building a sporty car like punto...steering wheel should be tacky and smaller in dia.
Even the corolla Sports has better steering
Old 24th September 2009, 10:49   #22
BHPian

Congrats from another 1.4 EPack owner from Pune.

Quote:
I am having a small problem though...The car does not pick up clearly in the second gear. This effect is accentuated with the AC on. I initially thought it was the compressor going on/off. But now it seems like something else. It happens on 3-4 as well sometimes. In the second it feels something like turbo lag would in a diesel. But in the 3-4 its like different accelerations at the same rpm. I was associating this with adulterated fuel. Any guesses what might be causing it?
Does it happen around 2,000rpm? As it happens in my car at that rpm and as you said, when the a/c is on.
Old 24th September 2009, 17:04   #23
Senior - BHPian

Yeah its around 2k. It is somewhat irritating in city driving. Sometimes you need some pickup and the 2nd gear just disappoints you completely.

The acceleration post 2k is just awesome though.

The car's stability is again simply the best in the class. I might be exaggerating as I usually drive a Scorpio which is not really the last word in stability. But the handling and stability are great at any level.
@Ashwin

It might take some time getting used to. I really like it now, the control and feedback provided by the steering makes the large radius feel totally awesome.
Old 25th September 2009, 00:13   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hi

I am posting some pics of the interiors. They were taken in a hurry so the quality won't be great. Let me know if you guys want to see something specific.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Punto 1.4 FIRE (Emotion Pack) from Pandit Auto (Pune). Edit: First Service done-dsc00239.jpg  

Fiat Punto 1.4 FIRE (Emotion Pack) from Pandit Auto (Pune). Edit: First Service done-dsc00241.jpg  

Fiat Punto 1.4 FIRE (Emotion Pack) from Pandit Auto (Pune). Edit: First Service done-dsc00242.jpg  

Fiat Punto 1.4 FIRE (Emotion Pack) from Pandit Auto (Pune). Edit: First Service done-dsc00245.jpg  

Old 25th September 2009, 07:11   #25
BHPian

black interiors look gr8 with silver exteriors...
Old 26th September 2009, 17:56   #26
BHPian

@ ess you are can you please mention how much mileage is your Punto giving in city conditions? I am also planning to buy either i20 or punto. Is the lower end torque issue really irritating to an extent cancelling buying it??
In i20 you dont even know if the Ac's on or not.
Old 26th September 2009, 18:16   #27
Senior - BHPian

I drive with an extremely light foot, I got figures ~12-13 kmpl in city. This was with the AC on.
I think on a highway, the mileage can easily be pushed to 17-18.

I know this sounds too high, but my short stints on the Airport road in Pune usually had the instantaneous consumption showing 4.5/100 l/km for much of the way.

The lag is somewhat irritating first, but I did get used to it in a day. Just as a matter of fact, the AC is the best I have ever used (I usually drive a Scorp) and is definitely a notch better than the i20. Getting back to your question, you do notice a bit of a difference in performance every time the compressor is switched on but it does not in any way hinder city drive-ability.

IMHO the Punto is a car you take a bit of time to get used to... The more time you spend with it, the more in love you fall with everything about it.
Old 3rd October 2009, 13:54   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!

I've been considering Punto 1.4E+ but the 2nd gear pickup problem is really putting me off! :(

Having a hard time deciding between i20 and Punto!
at the same time I'm thinking that the prob can be rectified through some of the Stage 1 performance upgrades!

btw did you TD the i20?(comparisons?)
Old 3rd October 2009, 14:03   #29
Senior - BHPian

I did TD the i20. I found it not exactly VFM and my heart beats for FIAT.

The ride quality and the handling is simply amazing. It felt safe in the Punto.

The 2nd gear thing seemed like a problem to me during the first 40-50 kms. Then I just adapted to it and it stopped being a problem. Past 2k rpm, the acceleration is phenomenal.

I guess a performance filter and a FFE might help.

If possible, drive both for extended periods ~20-30 Kms.
Old 3rd October 2009, 15:08   #30
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot for the insight!

I'll definitely take a TD of both for extended periods now!

btw there should be a protocol for taking a perfect TD within a short time!(just like the Pre-Delivery Inspection list!)

Thanks again

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks