Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2009, 09:15   #1
BHPian

Finally took delivery of my 2009 Corolla Altis GL

Hello team,

After thinking a lot and juggling between Civic, Linea, City and Altis; I decided to go for the New Corolla Altis G model. Took the delivery of the car on Sunday the 20th. Before purchasing, Corolla Altis was my last choice in the list mainly because of its looks. But somehow I have just fallen in love with this great looking no-nonsense car. Bought a manual transmission one as I felt maintaining automatics would be a little on the higher side. Took a couple of accessories from the dealership. Following is a list of what I bought along with its pricing.

1. Toyota In-Dash DVD system with 6.5" touch screen. It also has USB and SD card slots. It has bluetooth connectivity for phone and also as GPS and TV functionality. The cost was 32,500 but the dealership reduced 5000 for the stereo that came standard so I ended up paying 27,500.

2. Scuff plates with blue light on the front ones for 6742/-

3. Lumar Neutral 50 sun control films all over the car including windshield for 7000/-

4. Reverse Camera for Rs. 2000/-. I purchased just the camera and not the display because the toyota dvd system i purchased was compatible with this camera.

5. Autocop TrackPro central locking with GPS tracking facility for 16,500/-

Item number 3,4 and 5 were purchased from an external accessory shop, not from the dealer.

Driving experience so far has been very good. Especially considering that I was used to driving an accent, this actually feels like heaven. Not that Accent is a bad car, I still have it and love it .

Will write a full report of fuel efficiency and comfort and handling once I have driven it for some time. Here are some of the pictures that I clicked.

And ya the dealership experience was very good, so I would recommend Galaxy Toyota, Defense Colony to anyone staying in South Delhi. Staff was friendly too.
Attached Thumbnails
Finally took delivery of my 2009 Corolla Altis GL-1.jpg  

Finally took delivery of my 2009 Corolla Altis GL-2.jpg  

Finally took delivery of my 2009 Corolla Altis GL-3.jpg  

Finally took delivery of my 2009 Corolla Altis GL-4.jpg  

Finally took delivery of my 2009 Corolla Altis GL-5.jpg  

Finally took delivery of my 2009 Corolla Altis GL-6.jpg  

Finally took delivery of my 2009 Corolla Altis GL-7.jpg  

Finally took delivery of my 2009 Corolla Altis GL-8.jpg  

Finally took delivery of my 2009 Corolla Altis GL-9.jpg  

Finally took delivery of my 2009 Corolla Altis GL-10.jpg  

Finally took delivery of my 2009 Corolla Altis GL-11.jpg  

Finally took delivery of my 2009 Corolla Altis GL-12.jpg  

Finally took delivery of my 2009 Corolla Altis GL-13.jpg  

Finally took delivery of my 2009 Corolla Altis GL-14.jpg  

Finally took delivery of my 2009 Corolla Altis GL-15.jpg  

Finally took delivery of my 2009 Corolla Altis GL-16.jpg  

Finally took delivery of my 2009 Corolla Altis GL-17.jpg  

Old 24th September 2009, 09:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

@Somu2009 Congrats on your newest purchase. The color is elegant.The interiors are pretty basic. The console is superb. I liked the reverse camera display. Very useful feature. Drive safe. Enjoy!
Old 24th September 2009, 09:26   #3
BHPian

Let me be the first one to congratulate on your new car :-). It looks beautifull in white.How is the resolution of the reverse camera ? Is it good in low lights ?

Well looks like prince posted his post even as i was typing.So let me be the second one to congratulate you ;-).
Old 24th September 2009, 09:27   #4
knp
BHPian

congrats for going for the right car. The in-dash system looks neat and cool..Enjoy your ride!!
Old 24th September 2009, 09:31   #5
Senior - BHPian

Wow, that DVD system is really something. It's so neatly integrated into the dash, elegantly avoiding the aftermarket look. Happy mile crunching !! Super reliable and trouble-free car, mine's a '05 and is a dream to drive and own.
Old 24th September 2009, 09:34   #6
BANNED

I am sure it will give you many years of pleasure. Do keep updating about your experience, as well as the quality of service.

If one looks with VFM in mind the Altis beats the Civic & Laura hollow.
Old 24th September 2009, 09:41   #7
BHPian

Congrats and an elegant looking car. U have a good DVD system. How about the speakers, do u have any plans to add a sub.

The scuff plates with lights are a cool feature and they look nice as well

Last edited by Chillout : 24th September 2009 at 09:43.
Old 24th September 2009, 09:51   #8
BHPian

Wonderful and superb car. Simple and excellent choise of car. stable and much better.

Finally, congrats and enjoy your toy.
Old 24th September 2009, 09:57   #9
Senior - BHPian

The central console is looking awesome with the screen. Congratulations with your purchase! Since you purchased G, didnt you consider the sports variant?
Old 24th September 2009, 10:01   #10
Senior - BHPian

Looks classy !! The center console looks good with the big screen.
Old 24th September 2009, 10:22   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
@Somu2009 Congrats on your newest purchase. The color is elegant.The interiors are pretty basic. The console is superb. I liked the reverse camera display. Very useful feature. Drive safe. Enjoy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knp View Post
congrats for going for the right car. The in-dash system looks neat and cool..Enjoy your ride!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Wow, that DVD system is really something. It's so neatly integrated into the dash, elegantly avoiding the aftermarket look. Happy mile crunching !! Super reliable and trouble-free car, mine's a '05 and is a dream to drive and own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I am sure it will give you many years of pleasure. Do keep updating about your experience, as well as the quality of service.

If one looks with VFM in mind the Altis beats the Civic & Laura hollow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Wonderful and superb car. Simple and excellent choise of car. stable and much better.

Finally, congrats and enjoy your toy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Looks classy !! The center console looks good with the big screen.
Thank you guys. I'm loving the car even after reading all the replies . And yes even I feel the DVD system looks quite nice, specially because it integrates very well with the flow of the dashboard making it look like an OEM part. After market ones most of the times have a color difference which doesn't go well with the dash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
The central console is looking awesome with the screen. Congratulations with your purchase! Since you purchased G, didnt you consider the sports variant?
I did consider the Sports Model but it didn't have features like Electric Seats and Leather upholstery. Plus I didn't like all the crome attachments it came with. So decided to go for the GL model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @400Kph View Post
How is the resolution of the reverse camera ? Is it good in low lights ?
I actually don't know about the resolution but ya it is a night vision camera so even when it is dark the camera works wonderfully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Congrats and an elegant looking car. U have a good DVD system. How about the speakers, do u have any plans to add a sub.
I don't plan to add any sub, but ya in a months time I'll upgrade the standard speakers to component ones (both front and rear) along with a good amp.
Old 24th September 2009, 10:36   #12
Senior - BHPian

Somu2009, congrats on getting your Altis home!

The in dash setup looks great. Also, as you have got the sunfilms done, I guess you can get rid of plastic covers.

IMO, I find the false wood top third of the steering a little odd. You sure it won't slip while turning the wheel?

Keep posting about your experience. Again - congrats!
Old 24th September 2009, 10:37   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the car! Corolla would never let you feel bad over many many years.

I have a one question. Since you have the Head unit changed, does the controls on the steering still work? or its just a dummy piece now
Old 24th September 2009, 10:43   #14
BHPian

congrats

The car looks amazing!Whats the OTR price and any discounts offered?
Congrats!
Old 24th September 2009, 10:51   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Also, as you have got the sunfilms done, I guess you can get rid of plastic covers.
ya I will get rid of the plastic today, new car you see so kinda like to keep the covers on for a few days lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
I have a one question. Since you have the Head unit changed, does the controls on the steering still work? or its just a dummy piece now
The steering controls works perfectly with the HU. That was the added advantage of getting a toyota HU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajinibm View Post
The car looks amazing!Whats the OTR price and any discounts offered?
Congrats!
On road price including all the extra packages I took was 13,63,750/- after a discount of 11,000 on the insurance. Now this price also includes the 27500 + 6742 that i paid for the Head Unit and the scuff plates respectively. There was no other discount. I took the body care package (anti rust + Teflon) and the Essential package (BCP+Mats+Exhaust tip muffler+trunk mat)

Last edited by Somu2009 : 24th September 2009 at 10:54.

Most Viewed