Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2009, 11:46   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somu2009 View Post
I did consider the Sports Model but it didn't have features like Electric Seats and Leather upholstery. Plus I didn't like all the crome attachments it came with. So decided to go for the GL model.
Is that the GL model (please excuse my ignorance ). I got confused by seeing the rear badge 'G' on it hence thought that you might have took the G variant. Do the G and the GL models gets the same badge?
Old 24th September 2009, 12:30   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Yup. The G badge is the same on the G and the GL models...
Old 24th September 2009, 12:41   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Is that the GL model (please excuse my ignorance ). I got confused by seeing the rear badge 'G' on it hence thought that you might have took the G variant. Do the G and the GL models gets the same badge?
Yes they get the same badge, internally at Toyota i think G is called H3 and GL is called the H5 model. The extra features in GL model that you don't get in G are:

HID Headlights (Low Beam)
Automatic Headlights
Headlight washers
Leather Upholstery
8 way power driver seat and power lumbar support
Rear sun shade

Price difference between the G and the GL model is about 1,33,605/-. GL is the fully loaded model in manual transmission. After this is the VL model which gets Automatic Transmission plus Cruise control. hope this info helps.
Old 24th September 2009, 12:43   #19
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Great decision to go in for the integrated Head Unit with LCD & Camera, makes reversing a lot simpler.

Feature wise a very good car.

The Toyota policy of a standard G for all G variants is funny and confusing.
Old 24th September 2009, 12:50   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy.What is the advantage of Autocop TrackPro with GPS tracking,can you locate the vehicle if stolen etc something like that.Pls elaborate.

What is the price difference between GL & Sport model?

Can we use the same unit to upgrade in Innova as well?pls confirm

Last edited by Ramsagar : 24th September 2009 at 12:54.
Old 24th September 2009, 13:11   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Great decision to go in for the integrated Head Unit with LCD & Camera, makes reversing a lot simpler.

Feature wise a very good car
Thanks ACM, on a separate note, just love the color of your Skoda Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Congrats on the buy.What is the advantage of Autocop TrackPro with GPS tracking,can you locate the vehicle if stolen etc something like that.Pls elaborate.

What is the price difference between GL & Sport model?

Can we use the same unit to upgrade in Innova as well?pls confirm
AutoCop Trackpro is the based on a SIM card, like the one you use on your cell phones. You have to buy any SIM card with GPRS facility which goes into the unit. After that you have to register your current cellphone with trackpro. Once you do that, you can even lock and unlock your car with just an SMS no matter where you are. Even if you are in a different part of the country you can still use it. The SIM card that you put into the trackpro unit can also be used to get incoming calls in your car. So it kind of acts like a car phone.

Apart from all this if the car is stolen then you can track it with an SMS and unique ID and Password given to you on the TrackPro website. Even if the is just unlocked without using the remote no matter where you are, you'll get an SMS with exact location of the vehicle and the tampering that happened with the car.

Another feature is that there is a microphone in the car. So if your driver takes the car somewhere you can just send an SMS and the car will call you on your registered mobile phone without the knowledge of the driver. That way you can know who all were sitting in the car and what all they were talking.

It's still not theft proof, but ya reduces the risk of loosing your car to a great extent.

The LE or the Sports Model costs about 12,28,652 on road and its about 96,000 cheaper than the GL Model. But its available only in two colors. Grey and Silver.

I don't think the same unit will fit into an Innova, because corolla's stereo design is slightly "V" shape, whereas innova's is rectangle. But at Toyota they have a separate touch screen DVD system specially for Innova and Fortuner, that fits in perfectly with all the similar features. So you can check that out for your Innova.
Old 24th September 2009, 13:20   #22
BHPian

Quote:

Apart from all this if the car is stolen then you can track it with an SMS and unique ID and Password given to you on the TrackPro website. Even if the is just unlocked without using the remote no matter where you are, you'll get an SMS with exact location of the vehicle and the tampering that happened with the car.

Another feature is that there is a microphone in the car. So if your driver takes the car somewhere you can just send an SMS and the car will call you on your registered mobile phone without the knowledge of the driver. That way you can know who all were sitting in the car and what all they were talking.
Wow sounds like some james bond movie with all great features on gizmos!
So do you need to pay trackpro for their services as such once you register you simcard with them?
Old 24th September 2009, 13:24   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajinibm View Post
Wow sounds like some james bond movie with all great features on gizmos!
So do you need to pay trackpro for their services as such once you register you simcard with them?
I don't know if james bond will like my car, but hey atleast I tried my best lol. As per your question, No you absolutely don't have to pay anything to trackpro, all you need to pay is the monthly rental on the SIM card that you'll be installing into the AutoCop unit, just the way you pay your monthly phone bill.
Old 24th September 2009, 13:29   #24
BHPian

Quote:
I don't know if james bond will like my car, but hey atleast I tried my best lol. As per your question, No you absolutely don't have to pay anything to trackpro, all you need to pay is the monthly rental on the SIM card that you'll be installing into the AutoCop unit, just the way you pay your monthly phone bill.
Ha ha!You would probably need to pep up your car with a couple of blondes for bond to like it Hey but these features are really good!Had never heard about them before today.
Actually I have not seen too many Altis in chennai roads and now I wonder why I did not check out the Altis before buying a city.
Love the car.
Old 24th September 2009, 19:13   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congrats

Hi Somu,

Congrats on your Toyota Altis + some great ICE + DVD + BT + etc

please keep updating your ownership thread.
i would like to know your feedback on

1. reverse camera performce
2. GPS performance + sync with security system
3. BT sync with your mobile phone and its adv/dis-adv

thanks,
Old 25th September 2009, 00:11   #26
Senior - BHPian

@Somu

Congrats on the purchase bro. Great VFM ride.

Do keep us updated with some mileage figures and the GPS system's performance. How well is it mapped if we talk about areas like Okhla Indl etc...

Do post some pics without the plastics! And yeah, the ICE looks superb!
Old 25th September 2009, 13:23   #27
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But somehow I have just fallen in love with this great looking no-nonsense car.
Congratulations! The Altis indeed is a "no-nonsense" practical car that will perform for years to come.

Quote:
Toyota In-Dash DVD system
Neat install! What exactly will you use this for, and how frequently? Just asking, as its the most expensive of the accessories on your car yet.

Quote:
Autocop TrackPro central locking with GPS tracking facility for 16,500/-
No experience with the TrackPro, yet will add that AutoCop is a company that delivers. 10+ years of experience with them & their customer service levels are exemplary.

Quote:
Driving experience so far has been very good.
More details please.
Old 25th September 2009, 13:30   #28
BHPian

Hi Somu,

Quick question.....you did consider the Civic, right....tell us what made you go for the Altis and not the Civic?

BTW, your DVD console look sleek and amazing. Good choice.
Old 25th September 2009, 13:47   #29
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new Altis. Very few sedans offer you features and value at a good price, not to mention the supreme reliability factor that comes with the Toyota name. That DVD system looks really cool. The interiors and controls are very functional. I would have prefered silver finish to the fake food though.

Have fun munching up the kms. The Corolla is a car that will outlive its owner. Drive safe and keep updating this thread regularly.
Old 25th September 2009, 15:57   #30
Senior - BHPian

Can we hear what people talk in the car?

pls don't reveal this secret to your better half boasting about the feature available.You will get caught while chatting with friends .
Take it on a light note.

Last edited by Ramsagar : 25th September 2009 at 15:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks