Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2009, 16:50   #31
BHPian

Contratulations for your ride man, Even am considering a Petrol Punto please drop in my thread and leave you comments. I really need to know whats the fuel efficiency that you are getting from Tank full to empty, (not the figures by guage). I need to make up my mind.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...swift-vxi.html
Old 27th September 2009, 00:43   #32
BHPian

Congratulations.
Just thought i'd let u know, msg reader will probably not work and to add contacts you'll have to go to blue and me settings, search for add contacts, select all contacts from contact list of phone and beam it to blue and me, after it's done press the 'call answer' button. This took quite a bit of figuring out, fiat wasn't very helpful.
Enjoy ur ride.
Old 30th September 2009, 14:29   #33
BHPian

Your tommorow hasnt come yet bro? Any updates on FE?
Old 22nd October 2009, 23:51   #34
BHPian

sorry for the big absence..

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
Contratulations for your ride man, Even am considering a Petrol Punto please drop in my thread and leave you comments. I really need to know whats the fuel efficiency that you are getting from Tank full to empty, (not the figures by guage). I need to make up my mind.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...swift-vxi.html
Hey somebody, currently she's giving me, 7 km/L - 12 km/L in mumbai.. (bumper to bumper - night time / open road)
On the highway, 14 km/L uphill going to pune. 16 - 17 km/L downhill to mumbai maintaining speed of 100 km/H. avg speed of 72 km/H. (will put up MID pics later)
Using 91 octane, xtra premium IOC with 100% ac.
Your link doesn't work!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
Your tommorow hasnt come yet bro? Any updates on FE?
I was very busy the past 3 weeks and this weekend. just hold on for a few days more. BTW, I am yet to buy seat covers; got the plastic wrapping still on the seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
Congratulations.
Just thought i'd let u know, msg reader will probably not work and to add contacts you'll have to go to blue and me settings, search for add contacts, select all contacts from contact list of phone and beam it to blue and me, after it's done press the 'call answer' button. This took quite a bit of figuring out, fiat wasn't very helpful.
Enjoy ur ride.
thanks sukrit. it really helped.

PDI problem: The second day after delivery i noticed the rear left door rubber bidding broken; made a complaint, still to get it fixed; they say the part is still to come in stock. Been driving her like that since.. cant open the door if opened, then i have to spend 10 -15 mins fixing it in place..

The bidding was not damaged when i performed my check 4 days before registration. On delivery day, i was looking for scratches, paint jobs rather than internal check. Will put up a pic later.

Guys I have spent my 3 weeks practically 'becoming ONE with my punto'.
About to complete 3000 kms (2941 kms currently)
Will put up a report after the servicing on 27th this month.

Last edited by TC_aashay : 22nd October 2009 at 23:52.
Old 23rd October 2009, 07:42   #35
BHPian

That's some good amount of driving TC. One thing, Fiat manual recommends use of regular unleaded fuel and no xtra/premium fuel. You might want to read that part of manual. Enjoy your drive.
Old 23rd October 2009, 19:09   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
That's some good amount of driving TC. One thing, Fiat manual recommends use of regular unleaded fuel and no xtra/premium fuel. You might want to read that part of manual. Enjoy your drive.
nutsNbolts, i really appreciate your concern regarding the fuel use..
Initially even i was worried, read the manual 4 - 5 times: it mentions to use ONLY 91 RON unleaded petrol. And Research Octane Number (RON) is also known as octane rating.

And trust me, she sounds really happy with xtra premium of IOC, than the regular petrol of any pump which makes her sound a bit rough!!

BTW, AFAIK; IOC is the only one providing, 91 octane as xtra premium.
And only the MJD needs regular diesel and not the special diesel.

Do correct me nutsNbolts if i'm still wrong..

Aashay B.
Old 23rd October 2009, 20:33   #37
BHPian

Yes Aashay, you are right. Only BSIII is RON 91, whereas BSII is RON 93 and BS I is RON88. IOC being a responsible company is likely to supply the latest BSIII everywhere, but there are unscrupulous dealers. This sheet might be of help http://www.iocl.com/Products/GasolineSpecifications.pdf
Old 23rd October 2009, 22:10   #38
BHPian

Lucky you. She looks hot. Any pics of the interiors?
Old 24th October 2009, 03:57   #39
BHPian

is there a difference in the alloys. in petrol you get 15" alloys and diesel you get 14" alloys? i wanted to confirm whats the deal here?
Old 24th October 2009, 05:31   #40
BHPian

Congrats on your new car. Once excellent road hugger you had bought and you would enjoy your drive.

Howz the pickup and initial rolling time? I had TD'ed a petrol punto and it took ages to move from standstill .. may be the test car had some issues. I was longing to have this checked again but unfortunately i was not able to do that.
Old 24th October 2009, 20:19   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post
Lucky you. She looks hot. Any pics of the interiors?
Will upload after tuesday. she will be all fresh for a photo session and done with her 3000 kms servicing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
is there a difference in the alloys. in petrol you get 15" alloys and diesel you get 14" alloys? i wanted to confirm whats the deal here?
all Emotion pack punto's come with the 15 inch alloy rims. the engine type doesnt matter.. active, dynamic, emotion have 14 inch pressed steel rims irrespective of the engine in use.
No difference in the top end variant other than just the engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
Congrats on your new car. Once excellent road hugger you had bought and you would enjoy your drive.

Howz the pickup and initial rolling time? I had TD'ed a petrol punto and it took ages to move from standstill .. may be the test car had some issues. I was longing to have this checked again but unfortunately i was not able to do that.
Thanks. Moonraker; before the punto i use to drive a 2007 face lifted Indica V2 turbo DLX.
Shifting over from a turbo charged diesel to a Naturally Aspirated petrol is still most of the times difficult to adjust.
I will be updating with the 3000 kms report; will cover the performance aspect also there after the servicng scheduled coming tuesday.

Aashay B.

Last edited by TC_aashay : 24th October 2009 at 20:20.
Old 24th October 2009, 20:47   #42
BHPian

Congrats on your buy, good to see more and more 1.4 Punto's in here.
Old 24th October 2009, 22:24   #43
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations akshay. The car looks really glossy in the pics - it has quite a sheen to it - looks great !
Old 25th October 2009, 02:23   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_aashay View Post
all Emotion pack punto's come with the 15 inch alloy rims. the engine type doesnt matter.. active, dynamic, emotion have 14 inch pressed steel rims irrespective of the engine in use.
No difference in the top end variant other than just the engine.
thanks for the confirmation!. i got confused by someone mentioning 14" alloys for diesel. must be a typo error or just lack or info. anyways thanks!!
Old 25th October 2009, 22:01   #45
BHPian

pre 3000 kms Mileage figures!!

For all those eagerly waiting; here are the mileage figures. I know its a bit late. Been busy...

Before that; my understanding/take on the punto's computer display functioning:
The computer calculates the mileage accurately when the car is moving.
But when the car is stationary, the fuel consumed when idle is not calculated accurately.
Resulting highway runs pretty much accurate to the MID, city run 2-5% error.

CITY:
Now in the city, i don't have a fixed route i take daily or anything that sort. I'm still studying; and my college is a stones throw away so i walk most of the times.

Now based on random trips within mumbai; I have calculated manually (full tank method) & divided the figures in daytime bumper to bumper and night time past midnight traffic free runs with 100% ac. Not attaching MID pics here didn't click them.

Daytime: 7.2 km/l.
Night: 12.6 km/l.

I basically don't feel the importance of a city millage calculation to a person from other city as the driving trend there will be different.

HIGHWAY:
Been to pune a couple of times. Divided the last run as mumbai - pune (uphill) and pune - mumbai (downhill).

CBD belapur (mumbai) & Warje flyover (pune) are the approximate locations where I have reset the trip B calculator.

The mileage figures for both runs are 99% accurate to a manual calculation which I feel MID's can be considered here for refrence.

Mumbai - pune: (Night) Maintained a cruising speed of around 100 km/h & limit to 100 km/h on the expressway.

Duration:
The Rare: 1.4 FIAT GRANDE Punto E+-time.jpg

Distance:
The Rare: 1.4 FIAT GRANDE Punto E+-distance.jpg

Avg. Speed:
The Rare: 1.4 FIAT GRANDE Punto E+-avg-speed.jpg

Consumption:
The Rare: 1.4 FIAT GRANDE Punto E+-mileage.jpg

Pune - Mumbai: (day) Maintained a cruising speed of 110 km/h and limit to 120 km/h on the expressway.

Duration:
The Rare: 1.4 FIAT GRANDE Punto E+-time-2.jpg

Distance:
The Rare: 1.4 FIAT GRANDE Punto E+-distance-2.jpg

Avg. Speed:

The Rare: 1.4 FIAT GRANDE Punto E+-avg-speed-2.jpg

Consumption:
The Rare: 1.4 FIAT GRANDE Punto E+-mileage-2.jpg

Aashay B.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks