Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2009, 21:18   #31
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Roadie View Post
oh my slk,
you seem like the saddest satisfied customer.
You got the wrong impression. Ritz is great.
Old 18th December 2009, 22:12   #32
Senior - BHPian

Hi Offroadie,

I did not find SLK is sad of Ritz purchase. I think you misunderstood with the words system is average and looks good. Hi man that was the reply to my questions on the music system a freebie. He was talking about that free bie. I drove for 10K in a period of 100 days. I am so comfortable with the high seats and the sturdiness as well as the ABS. We don't have any regrets. 20 to 24 kms per liter of diesel is great.
Old 19th December 2009, 02:14   #33
BHPian

sincerest apologies did not mean any disrespect was just trying to cheer him up =P
Old 19th December 2009, 08:15   #34
Senior - BHPian

Hi man,

No apologies are required. Some time the looks and understandings might differ. Might be my understanding may not be 100% right, Just guessing only.
Old 8th February 2010, 23:56   #35
BHPian

Hi SLK, long time no updates. Let us know about the performance, FE any other updates.
Old 9th February 2010, 02:10   #36
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Well, quick updates

1) Without A/C FE touches 20km/l in city (Delhi - Gurgaon), with AC it's about 18km/l
2) No rattles so far, the door lock (hook thing on the body) was oiled by me a couple of times.
3) VERY good performance. - Took the car on a 1200km drive with family instead of the NHC, and it drove effortlessly at over 150km/h.
4) It's done about 11000kms in total so all free services are over, without any complaints on the technical side.

Anything specific you'd like to know?

Last edited by SLK : 9th February 2010 at 02:11.
Old 5th April 2010, 14:33   #37
Senior - BHPian

That's really great going .
I just wanted to know about the fuel indicator , when we get the indicator bar blinking (indicating low fuel) how much approx fuel will be still left in the car.
And also regarding the movements in the gear in 3rd gear , is the issue still there or it can be fixed , because im also facing the same thing and if the same can be fixed i will ask the servicing folks to check it during my 1st servicing .
Thanks
Old 6th April 2010, 00:28   #38
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
That's really great going .
I just wanted to know about the fuel indicator , when we get the indicator bar blinking (indicating low fuel) how much approx fuel will be still left in the car.
And also regarding the movements in the gear in 3rd gear , is the issue still there or it can be fixed , because im also facing the same thing and if the same can be fixed i will ask the servicing folks to check it during my 1st servicing .
Thanks
Nope! can't really help you with the fuel indicator, I never let it get that low. I would normally refuel once there are 2 bars left. But yeah, with 2 bars remaining, it takes 30-31ltrs.

About the gear, I haven't tried telling the A.S.S. guys, don't trust them on fixing cosmetic issues. I have now become used to either not holding the gear lever or holding it in such a position that it does not give feed back.

Though just in case you manage to get it fixed, do update me as well.

Also to update the thread;-
- I got a crack on the windscreen, so had to get that replaced. [stone hit while driving]
- One of the rear power window has stopped working [been a while now but I don't use it, so didn't bother doing any effort to fix it]
- There are no rattles, if I remove all my stuff from the car
Old 10th April 2010, 20:41   #39
Senior - BHPian

Dear SLK

I did come across the fuel indicator which never shows the indicator for refueling. I too did not leave it to the last point. But I noticed in Hyandai Santro it blinks red. Once I want to try having around 5liters in a can as stock fuel in case if it blinks. Other side I worry if it doesn't indicate there may be a chance of drying out and that will creat complications of air inside the fuel pipe system.So let is discuss how to come across if we face such situation..
Old 11th April 2010, 19:53   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
The system is average. But looks good. For once, I wanted that '1 piece dash' look.
Its a Nippon Head set which is quite good by itself but the Nippon speakers on the doors are awful(on my ZXI). You are in a way, lucky because you had a choice of getting your own speakers. Updates on the brand of speakers used will help. I have replaced the front 2 with the sony 4 way ones and now I feel the rear ones are even worse. Will replace when the funds are free flowing.

Quote:
The system has a pre-out, so whenever I feel the need for a woofer and amp, I can plug those in.
Your are right, with a Sub and 2 additional Oval speakers on the rear tray, will give you an "out of the world" experience. The only problem is that you lose a lot of boot space and a little extra load on the battery. The Amp, however can sit under the co-driver seat.You can overcome the second problem by fixing an extra switch on the Dash for the Sub + Additional Speakers.

Quote:
The Aux port is quite useful too, phone/music player something is plugged in always.
Really miss the USB port. And the worst part is can't add one. Then, One can avoid carrying Cds & MP3 discs that are hard to preserve in the summer heat.

God bless.....
Old 29th April 2010, 20:42   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer View Post
Really miss the USB port. And the worst part is can't add one. Then, One can avoid carrying Cds & MP3 discs that are hard to preserve in the summer heat.

God bless.....
We do have an alternative. Try USB FM transmitter. It reads USB / memory cards or takes input from portable music players and transmits the same as FM. You just have to tune into that frequency.
I bought it for 700 Rs but later found it selling at 200 - 300 at ebay. It is very useful and simple to use. Needless to say I am enjoying it
Old 11th December 2010, 15:13   #42
BHPian

My set of questions

Hi SLK,

Which service center are you visiting for the service? I usually go to Rana Motors (Okhla). I am a satisfied customer of Rana Motors from past 2 years. Recently they have come up with an outlet in Gurgaon as well i.e. near Gurgaon central.
Have you gone for the tyre upgrade? Which one, if yes? What about the alloy wheels? What is the Highway mileage you are getting? Does the Default headlights provided from company are enough for night driving or you are considering the upgrade of them as well.
This one i am seriously interested in, dint you considered the satellite navigation. What are the approximate prices for the same for ritz and which one is the best for ritz.
Too much questions for you i suppose...
Old 2nd October 2011, 20:24   #43
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ritz VDi - Initial Ownership Report - 2 months

Alright, I haven't been very active.

Here's are the updates so far on the car.
  • It's done 37k kms so far.
  • It's got rattles - I managed to fix most which came from the doors, but the ones coming from the dashboard are not fixable. Even the driver side power window button has developed internal rattle.
  • I’ve realized that the air filter needs to be cleaned almost every 2k-2.5k kms to keep the turbo kicking.
  • I’ve been running on Mobil 1 ever since the car crossed 12k kms.
  • Since I have other cars, I don’t always drive this car and at times it can be parked unused for more than a week. Generally after such breaks when I use the car, it initially drives fine but after a day or two of use, it stops responding, like the turbo is dead or something is holding it back, the car performs worse than a naturally aspirated engine. And after some time (could be any length of time) it’ll come back. I read a lot about similar issues on the forum and none of the symptoms exactly seem to match my car. So the only thing I can relate to is issue with the accelerator sensor. (I’ll never complain about such issues to MASS, they are bound to screw up something)
  • Lately I’ve installed a stock replacement Cosworth filter. Well the car hasn’t started flying after that, but it seems to have started performing like a new perky one. The turbo kick is hard and a notch below 2k rpm in all gears except for 2nd (1st is not even considered). I don’t know why the 2nd is not kicking, but it’s not slow just missing the kick.
  • After the filter, I could get the car past 170km/h, though not sure if it’s increased but it’s as good as it could get.
  • Car seems to be retuning less as it gets old, or maybe it’s just the traffic that has become worse. From the original 18km/L with AC between Delhi Gurgaon runs it now returns 17km/L (or less).
  • The car still drives well, and close to scratch free

Last edited by SLK : 2nd October 2011 at 20:29.
Old 2nd October 2011, 21:37   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
Alright, I haven't been very active.

Here's are the updates so far on the car.
  • It's done 37k kms so far.
  • It's got rattles - I managed to fix most which came from the doors, but the ones coming from the dashboard are not fixable. Even the driver side power window button has developed internal rattle.
  • I’ve realized that the air filter needs to be cleaned almost every 2k-2.5k kms to keep the turbo kicking.
  • I’ve been running on Mobil 1 ever since the car crossed 12k kms.
  • Since I have other cars, I don’t always drive this car and at times it can be parked unused for more than a week. Generally after such breaks when I use the car, it initially drives fine but after a day or two of use, it stops responding, like the turbo is dead or something is holding it back, the car performs worse than a naturally aspirated engine. And after some time (could be any length of time) it’ll come back. I read a lot about similar issues on the forum and none of the symptoms exactly seem to match my car. So the only thing I can relate to is issue with the accelerator sensor. (I’ll never complain about such issues to MASS, they are bound to screw up something)
  • Lately I’ve installed a stock replacement Cosworth filter. Well the car hasn’t started flying after that, but it seems to have started performing like a new perky one. The turbo kick is hard and a notch below 2k rpm in all gears except for 2nd (1st is not even considered). I don’t know why the 2nd is not kicking, but it’s not slow just missing the kick.
  • After the filter, I could get the car past 170km/h, though not sure if it’s increased but it’s as good as it could get.
  • Car seems to be retuning less as it gets old, or maybe it’s just the traffic that has become worse. From the original 18km/L with AC between Delhi Gurgaon runs it now returns 17km/L (or less).
  • The car still drives well, and close to scratch free
Thats good going SLK.
Regarding rattles, mine one is almost touching 20k, touch-wood no rattles till now.Had some rattles initially, was fixed during the 2nd service and after that nothing as much .

Not sure about the air filter thing, mine was cleaned i guess during the 3rd service and the turbo kick seems to be fine.

A "DL" car and scratch free , thats awesome yaar , when i was in delhi i saw almost brand new cars also had some beauty mark, so hats off to you for keeping your Ritzy in that condition .

How are the tyres holding yup.
Post some pictures of the ride .

Cheers
Old 5th October 2011, 12:49   #45
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
A "DL" car and scratch free , thats awesome yaar , when i was in delhi i saw almost brand new cars also had some beauty mark, so hats off to you for keeping your Ritzy in that condition .

How are the tyres holding yup.
Post some pictures of the ride .

Cheers
For a car run almost 40k kms - my car is almost scratch free, but then there are a few not always too visible though.

To keep it scratch free, I have to 'not' drive it anywhere with a congested parking (fortunately I have other cars which don't really mind getting mild scratches). People in 'DL' at least are courteous enough to 'bang' their car door against your car and also scratch the car with the baggage they carry.

The tyres are holding good at 37K,will post pictures soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks