BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untouchables09 View Post
Congrats Joy_swift

She is a true all-rounder & VFM. Great choice of the car & the colour
Thanks untouchable.Am loving it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
i dont know how well the Primacy handles, but my SX4 on stock Vectras handles pretty decently, i have taken sweeping corners on highways at 120+ kph with no hint of understeer or tyre squeal. But yes, road noise is an issue, but Maruti provides a solution for that as stock- the left button on the steerin wheel- a couple of jabs on the up arrow and voila! the road noise disappears
To be honest Himanshu,could not gauge what exactly the difference is since I had the JK tyres for the first 400 kms and it involved only city driving.So not sure about how much handling would improve.

Changed more in anticipation
Old 8th November 2009, 14:19   #32
BHPian

Hi All,

So I have now completed 2500 kms in 6 weeks now.

Am really impressed with the torque that kicks around 2000rpm.No issues so far.The only small negative would be the noise of the engine inside the cabin at above 3500rpms(though I love the sound of it,not sure everyone would sppreciate that).

The max speed I did so far was 150(could have gone further but spotted a couple of cars within 500m) at the AJC flyover,did not manage to take it to the highway yet.

Got the service done at 1200 kms.Service cost came around 1200 bucks.

As lazy as I am,could not post the pics of the accessories put on in my hunk.So here it comes now.

Front armrest -
Black SX4 Zxi - Viaggio Comincia(The Journey Begins)-picture-001.jpg

Front armrest from another angle
Black SX4 Zxi - Viaggio Comincia(The Journey Begins)-picture-003.jpg

Rear Parking Sensor on the dash
Black SX4 Zxi - Viaggio Comincia(The Journey Begins)-picture-002.jpg

Rear Parking Sensor
Black SX4 Zxi - Viaggio Comincia(The Journey Begins)-picture-006.jpg

Michelin Primacy LC - 206/55/R16
Black SX4 Zxi - Viaggio Comincia(The Journey Begins)-picture-004.jpg

Man is standing
Black SX4 Zxi - Viaggio Comincia(The Journey Begins)-picture-005.jpg
Old 8th November 2009, 14:37   #33
Senior - BHPian

joy, congratulations on your sx4, looks mean with black shade.Keep updating and enjoy your ride.
Old 9th November 2009, 11:00   #34
BHPian

joy - Your front armrest looks superb. how much it cost? can you post a picture of how it is fixed, may be a view from rear seat. Any idea where in Bangalore we can get it?
Old 9th November 2009, 11:33   #35
Senior - BHPian

ya, front armrest looks, good, I could not get the beige color, living with grey.

What is the difference in Tire noise and ride after Michelin ?

206/55/R16 is not OEM size, any reduction in GC?

Last edited by rkbharat : 9th November 2009 at 11:36.
Old 9th November 2009, 12:03   #36
Senior - BHPian

I got one fitted in my SX4 for 1800 INR( Same as the one in the pic, but mine is black to coordinate it with the Beige/black leather seat combo that I have in my car.

the fitting is actually very simple- the base of the armrest is very slightly smaller than the cavity for a botttle holder behind the hand brake- so all you need to do is to put double edge tape at the base of the arm rest as well as the sides of the arm rest base(that fit into the cavity)- it is a pretty snug fit and you do not need to drill any holes into the plastic.
Old 9th November 2009, 12:28   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
joy, congratulations on your sx4, looks mean with black shade.Keep updating and enjoy your ride.
Thanks Vijay,would surely do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathp View Post
joy - Your front armrest looks superb. how much it cost? can you post a picture of how it is fixed, may be a view from rear seat. Any idea where in Bangalore we can get it?
Front armrest cost 1700 bucks.

The lower end of the armrest fits perfectly in the rear bottle holder(nehind the handbrake).This was made for the SX4 so fitted perfectly.Takes 5 mins to fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
ya, front armrest looks, good, I could not get the beige color, living with grey.

What is the difference in Tire noise and ride after Michelin ?

206/55/R16 is not OEM size, any reduction in GC?
The tyre size was a typo.Its actually 205/60/R16 and so no reduction in GC.

I had the JK for the first 4-5 days.Since it was the run-in period,couldnt really stretch the engine and so the max speeds I did was 100.The Michelins have much less,almost non existent road noise(at that speed) and better grip while turning at high speeds.These are the 2 things which I noticed.

Quote:
I got one fitted in my SX4 for 1800 INR( Same as the one in the pic, but mine is black to coordinate it with the Beige/black leather seat combo that I have in my car.
Yes the price is similar and it fits perfectly in the bottle holder.
Old 9th November 2009, 14:45   #38
BHPian

Quote:

the fitting is actually very simple- the base of the armrest is very slightly smaller than the cavity for a botttle holder behind the hand brake- so all you need to do is to put double edge tape at the base of the arm rest as well as the sides of the arm rest base(that fit into the cavity)- it is a pretty snug fit and you do not need to drill any holes into the plastic.
Will you be able to use rear bottle holder after fitting this? I guess not. Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 9th November 2009, 14:50   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will you be able to use rear bottle holder after fitting this? I guess not. Correct me if I am wrong.

Nope, you cant use the bottle holder- IMHO, the convenience of the armrest outweighs this small sacrifice
Old 9th November 2009, 16:27   #40
BHPian

Hi Joy,

The Arm Rest looks very good. Folks, any idea where I can find this in Bangalore. Also black just looks imposing. I still believe this is the best looking car below 10L Rs.
Old 9th November 2009, 17:14   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Nope, you cant use the bottle holder- IMHO, the convenience of the armrest outweighs this small sacrifice
I meant the armrest fits into the bottle holder perfectly,so it wont behave as a bottleholder.

@marathp - Will post some more pics of the armrest from the rear as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Hi Joy,

The Arm Rest looks very good. Folks, any idea where I can find this in Bangalore. Also black just looks imposing. I still believe this is the best looking car below 10L Rs.
Thanks Nurni.

I also really admire the looks of the black hunk in those 16" five spoke alloys.

Last edited by joy_swift : 9th November 2009 at 17:16.
Old 11th October 2010, 15:51   #42
BHPian

My SX4 has now crossed 13K kms and got the 3rd service done.

One of the issues am having is that the steering has become quite hard.
So for example when you want to try to take a left,you have to apply real force and once the turn has been taken,the steering would put much force on you to come back to the original position.

Also,the car is deviating towards the left and again force is needed on the steering to make it go straight.

During the service,they had applied some fluids which had solved the problem but only for a couple of weeks.

For the last week,my hands are paining

Has any of the fellow SX4 owners faced the same problem?

Looking forward to your suggestions.Thanks.
Old 11th October 2010, 17:35   #43
Senior - BHPian

Joy,

This is unusual. I crossed 19000 kms last month, and she has given me no problems except squealing brake noise (but no loss of force) and ongoing rattles. Still feels new, and holds up great during long drives. Please escalate and get things resolved at tthe service centre.

I thought about moving to CPC2 tyres, but eventually didn't because I sometimes drive on very bad roads, and don't want to work about damaging the expensive tyres. Once the tyres reach 30K, I think I will upgrade.
Old 12th October 2010, 09:14   #44
BHPian

Thanks Nilanjan.

My SX4 is running absolutely fine but have just this problem.

Fingers crossed,no rattles

Appreciate any input on this from fellow SX4 owners.
Old 12th October 2010, 09:24   #45
Senior - BHPian

I had this problem with a difference, PS behaves very vaguely, sometime good and sometimes very hard. Overall EPS is not working properly.

Though its not really that bad.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks