Team-BHP - tested, booked, delivered..she's mine! Linea 1.4 E Pk
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   tested, booked, delivered..she's mine! Linea 1.4 E Pk (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/66486-tested-booked-delivered-shes-mine-linea-1-4-e-pk.html)

Like many, I have learned a lot about the Indian car scene from Team BHP and am so grateful to all of you on this forum.
So, about six months ago we started shopping for a car for my father.
Budget was under 10L and given the low usage only petrol cars were considered.

Initially hatchbacks were also in the running but after our lovely 2000 zen lx, we wanted to 'graduate' to a sedan. In quotes because I understand that quite a few folks don't share this view.

Safety was a huge factor and though the need for airbags in city driving is probably considered overkill, I subscribe to the 'safety above everything else' ideology when it comes to family. Good space utilization- comfort for four five people, relatively low A.S.S headaches, good handling, decent set of features and a touch of class perhaps?

Cars satisfying the above criteria : ANHC, Linea, SX4, Fiesta, Optra Magnum

Reasons why we chose Linea:
The Linea is a gorgeous car. looks are subjective but the Linea turns more heads than any other car this side of 10L. those classic lines, that mona lisaesque grill...this is one classy car.

Handling is precise and the ride is supple. It doesn't pin you to your seat when you hit the gas but then my father isn't aspiring to be a street racer anytime soon. I think the power is just fine. it responds very enthusiastically in any gear and all the second gear sluggish talk is something I haven't experienced.

The fit and finish is decent and it comes loaded with excellent features - alloys, steering mounted controls, abs, airbags, blue n me, fog lamps. I can't get over how great the handling is, lovely, just lovely. It corners with much grace and aplomb.

The rear seat comfort and space is great and unparalleled by any other car in this category. The build quality is solid and it looks, feels and drives worth every penny it costs and more.

Booking and Delivery:
Surprisingly, in Baroda there is no Fiat dealership. In Anand(40km) and Ahmedabad (100km) however, there are Fiat-Tata dealerships. We asked for test drives from the Anand dealer and ASPI in A'bad. ASPI was prompt to schedule one and my father enjoyed the test drive. This was two months ago when I was still in the US and after my arrival we requested a TD again. ASPI again was the only one to entertain a TD while entails sending the vehicle to Baroda from A'bad. One Mr. BalKrishna Bhatt with ASPI is a great salesman and comes across as genuine and knowledgeable. We booked the petrol emotion pk on the 16th and were promised delivery on Dusshera, the 28th.

On 25th evening received a call from Mr. Bhatt informing that the car had arrived and would be ready for delivery on the 28th. Made the full payment and got to ASPI dealership around 10 in the morning on the d-day.

It took about an hour and a half to go through the PDI with my brother, father, a friend and myself all four going through the checklist. found a couple of niggles(hope I can call them niggles). The panel under the driver seat door has a dent and the front bumper has a minor scrap. Got that acknowledged and written on the delivery note and the service staff promised to fix it during the first visit. I will post pictures soon.

Besides that, no other problems. Balkrishna is a pleasure to deal with and the entire staff at ASPI comes through as a genuine bunch of folks geared towards making the sales/delivery experience pleasant and trouble-free.

The RTO passing is pending and upon receipt of the papers from ASPI today, I will go to the RTO office tomorrow for the passing.

Team BHP is a goldmine of information and I hope to add a few nuggets of my own. would write more...but its time to go for a drive!:)

Congratulations on the great buy vroomsome.
The linea is a stunner!!!
What color did you buy???
Post some pictures ASAP!!!

vroomsome, CONGRATS on your buy. Wish you miles of happy driving.

you are THE GOD in disguise for me.

Your ownership review has come at right time, as we are also looking at sedan and since we are living in Baroda too, we are feeling the pinch of lack of sales and services for Fiat linea and punto.

did you consider any other sedan. how did you arrive at a decision to go for linea?

Could you please mention how much linea is on-road? did you take insurance from dealership or your own? any offers going on?

earlier, my parents called Cargo motors and we didn't have good experience of scheduling a test drive for linea. I hope ASPI motors would be of some help to us for scheduling a test drive again.

Also i have pmed you asking for some more info. please take some time out to answer to that too.

would really appreciate it.

vroomsome - congrats & enjoy the beauty! With the way she is built & the way you've written your post, it seems a certainty that she'll invite / provoke you for long drive with that stupendous Ride & Handling. I'll be taking her from Mumbai to all over Gujarat in Nov'09 for almost 2000-2500 kms trip

That Aspi Motors seems to be the BEST dealer in the country. Heard lots of good things about him. 1 more addition how I curse leaving Ahmedabad for Mumbai :Frustrati

PS: How come Anand has a Tata-Fiat Dealership & Baroda does not have ?

@vroomsome congrats on your newest possession. What color did you choose ? And would you be travelling all the way for servicing ? Enjoy her to the fullest and Drive safe.

Congratulations and welcome to Team Linea at Team-BHP, probably the most vibrant community here!
We are planning to have a Linea meet some time when Amit(VahanPujari) is visiting Amdavad and also a small get to gather on 9/10 or 10/10. You are also invited to join the party.
And I agree fully with Amit that Aspi Motors is the best dealer-service facility for TATA-FIAT in India.

Congratulations buddy. Agree on all points. Am a Linea Petrol (Vocal White) owner from Baroda myself (July'09) and had bugged ASPI a lot but they have been very good and patient. You can get details on my thread...

Which colour did you choose? What was the on-road price and any freebies?

Do PM me if you need to contact me. There are very few Lineas in Baroda anyway (I think 12-15) and only a couple of petrol versions (you & me I think ).

Congratulations once again and enjoy the beaut.

Cheers, Sam

Congrats vroomsome. Shifting from Maruti stable to Fiat particularly, that too when a service station is 100kms away, speaks a lot about the value offered by Linea. Enjoy your ride and do post pics soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bashani (Post 1508447)
Congratulations on the great buy vroomsome.
The linea is a stunner!!!
What color did you buy???
Post some pictures ASAP!!!

Thanks! I agree shes a stunner. Got her in Bossa nova white. here's a couple pics...post more soon.

Quote:

did you consider any other sedan. how did you arrive at a decision to go for linea?

Could you please mention how much linea is on-road? did you take insurance from dealership or your own? any offers going on?
We also considered the Fiesta, ANHC, Optra Magnum. Fiesta was too cramped, ANHC expensive and skimpy on features, Optra Magnum LT was again close to 10L on road, so more expensive than the Linea and not much to offer for that difference.

On-road price was 8.15L and ASPI had a special 6k discount going on.

Quote:

congrats & enjoy the beauty! With the way she is built & the way you've written your post, it seems a certainty that she'll invite / provoke you for long drive with that stupendous Ride & Handling. I'll be taking her from Mumbai to all over Gujarat in Nov'09 for almost 2000-2500 kms trip
thanks VP. I have been following your thread for some time, it has been very useful. Look forward to meeting you and other Lineans in Nov.

Quote:

What color did you choose ? And would you be travelling all the way for servicing ? Enjoy her to the fullest and Drive safe.
Thanks prince_pervez. yes the drive to A'bad would be necessary for service.

Quote:

Congratulations and welcome to Team Linea at Team-BHP, probably the most vibrant community here!
Thanks Doc. I have also been reading your posts on Linea and am proud to be a member of Team Linea. Look forward to the Nov meet!

hey Sam.
glad to know of fellow Linea owners from Baroda. I haven't seen many Lineas in Baroda and the effect of its beauty and relative exclusivity is evident in all the second looks she gets.

NutsNBolts, you nailed it! VFM totally. reminds me of an old time ad with Deepika Chikaliya ..'jub wohi quality kum daamo mein mile toh bhala koi woh kyun le...yeh na le?!...maan gaye!:)

Vroomsome
Congratulations, and welcome to the Linea Club. Sure it turns people's heads but after nearly 2 months of ownership it still puts a smile on my own face every morning; not to mention the reassuring thud when you shut the door and the great ride that follows.

When I bought my first Maruti ( early 85), i had to travel from Pune to Mumbai to pick it up and then get it serviced. Here's hoping that Tata-Fiat will have a Maruti type sales/service network in the near future. Meanwhile happy motoring!

Looks very elegant in Bossa nova white.Pls paint the front grill with black as a fellow Bhpina did for his white Linea,looks really good.

congratz buddy..!
enjoy the gorgeous sedan.how abt some interior pics

vroomsome, welcome to the linea-club. As nehamit(Dr amit) pointed we are having a linea meet in ahmedabad. Its on friday 9th of october. You can join in if possible. PM me if you are planning to come.

Congrats. Seems like the Linea is quite a popular sedan on the forum. Mods any possibility of the Linea appearing on the top right corner of our website amongst the Nano, Punto,Beemer, etc??

Congrats vroomsome. Hope you and your dad have a great time with the car. And you seem to have just vanished. Just 2 posts! I guess you wanted to chip in with your experiences as well.