Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2009, 15:56   #31
BHPian

Congrats and a small query

Congrats, nairrk for the acquiring the black beauty.

Infact, I am in lookout for highend hatch or an entry level diesel sedan.

Got a quote of Rs 700200.00 ex showroom price for Golden Fiesta Zxi TDci from EKM dealer. But no feebies, except floor mat, mud flap and boot mat.

I would like to go for chrome strips and tyre upgradation, if i go for Fiesta. So, please share any quotes received for them, if any. BTW, I am also living in Kannur. ( Quote from dealer for chrome strips is around Rs 7000.00)
Old 6th October 2009, 16:37   #32
Senior - BHPian

Infact I didnt ask for any extra fittings on the car other than reverse parking sensor.
No freebies given by the dealer other than free insurance (believe this offer is from FORD). I have booked my car with PVS automotive in Kannur (Main office is in Calicut so car was brought from Calicut)- The ex show room price for the car (fiesta 1.6 ZXi)
Rs.6.48 Lakhs + I paid Rs.2240 for mud flops+floot mat+boot mat. The reverse parking sensor costs rs.2500/-. Opted for 2 years extended warranty at Rs.8300/-

At the moment I am not going in for tyre upgradation ( I just drove to guruvayoor and return and felt the stock tyres are okay for me).

In anycase I will be checking about side strips (body color) and leather seats in couple of days and will report about it costing to you.

Thanks
Old 6th October 2009, 22:14   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
@nairrk - for connecting a usb key you could use an FM transmitter. I am not sure if the stock HU has an option to connect a usb cable in order to use a pen drive.
The FM transmitter plugs into the 12V socket.
Check out this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...ml#post1062756

Go Fida
Yajaman you are right, to make aux in compatible with pen drive FM transmitter is required, today evening I tried to connect pen drive to aux in, using connecting cord but it is not working, only iPod works directly.

@ Nairrk, get FM transmitter or use iPod with connecting cable.
Old 7th October 2009, 10:17   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
Yajaman you are right, to make aux in compatible with pen drive FM transmitter is required, today evening I tried to connect pen drive to aux in, using connecting cord but it is not working, only iPod works directly.

@ Nairrk, get FM transmitter or use iPod with connecting cable.
+
Good information, Let me try it and shall report back to you all
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Infact I didnt ask for any extra fittings on the car other than reverse parking sensor.
No freebies given by the dealer other than free insurance (believe this offer is from FORD). I have booked my car with PVS automotive in Kannur (Main office is in Calicut so car was brought from Calicut)- The ex show room price for the car (fiesta 1.6 ZXi)
Rs.6.48 Lakhs + I paid Rs.2240 for mud flops+floot mat+boot mat. The reverse parking sensor costs rs.2500/-. Opted for 2 years extended warranty at Rs.8300/-

At the moment I am not going in for tyre upgradation ( I just drove to guruvayoor and return and felt the stock tyres are okay for me).

In anycase I will be checking about side strips (body color) and leather seats in couple of days and will report about it costing to you.

Thanks
++
In addition to free insurance, the dealer also offered me loyalty bonus of Rs.10000/-. but this will be paid to me once I give them the copy of my old car's RC(original) and a transferred copy (transferred to the buyer's name). Once I get this bonus, total free offer comes to Rs.30,291 i.e Rs. 20,291 Insurance + Rs.10000 Loyalty bonus.
Thanks

Last edited by Dippy : 13th March 2010 at 16:36. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 7th October 2009, 10:50   #35
BHPian

Excellent buy there nairrk,

This car makes you GO FIDA literally and black looks stunning. This is one of the best designed cars, well proportioned and stunning colours (the other color i like is the dark purple). I guess the OEM seat covers themselves are pretty good, so why upgrade to leather seats?
I hope you keep this car for a very long time unlike your other cars and enjoy the ride.
Old 7th October 2009, 11:54   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunu View Post
Excellent buy there nairrk,

This car makes you GO FIDA literally and black looks stunning. This is one of the best designed cars, well proportioned and stunning colours (the other color i like is the dark purple). I guess the OEM seat covers themselves are pretty good, so why upgrade to leather seats?
I hope you keep this car for a very long time unlike your other cars and enjoy the ride.

Yes indeed the seat covers are very good, but being light color there are chances to get dirt very easily (if it on leather, we can easily clean the dirt with soap water or any other cleaning agents).
Thanks
Old 7th October 2009, 14:50   #37
Senior - BHPian

Changing the stock tyres - will it be a breach of FORD warranty ?

Any comments?

Thanks
Old 7th October 2009, 16:29   #38
BHPian

Quote:

Any comments?

Thanks
Yes it does. My dealer confirmed it to me. Though i don't understand what warranty is breached, since tyres are anyways not covered by the warranty. it's probably the suspension??

thanks
Old 7th October 2009, 17:01   #39
Senior - BHPian

Herewith some more photo's of my Blacky
Taken just now..
Attached Thumbnails
My new black Ford Fiesta-fiesta-024-medium.jpg  

My new black Ford Fiesta-fiesta-026-medium.jpg  

My new black Ford Fiesta-fiesta-020-medium.jpg  

My new black Ford Fiesta-fiesta-016-medium.jpg  

My new black Ford Fiesta-fiesta-018-medium.jpg  

My new black Ford Fiesta-fiesta-023-medium.jpg  

My new black Ford Fiesta-fiesta-022-medium.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 7th October 2009, 17:14   #40
BHPian

Nice, where did you get the black floor mats? at ford itself?. I have mine in beige black would suit my interiors better
Old 7th October 2009, 17:15   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Opted for 2 years extended warranty at Rs.8300/-
Hi, did you mean your 2 years of extended warranty costed 8300 ? Is it for both the years ( after the initial 2 years ) ? My friend who has booked a 1.6 Sxi in Bangalore was charged 13000 for the extended warranty and hence was curious to know why is the difference
Old 7th October 2009, 17:18   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
Nice, where did you get the black floor mats? at ford itself?. I have mine in beige black would suit my interiors better

Yes, from Ford dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Hi, did you mean your 2 years of extended warranty costed 8300 ? Is it for both the years ( after the initial 2 years ) ? My friend who has booked a 1.6 Sxi in Bangalore was charged 13000 for the extended warranty and hence was curious to know why is the difference
+

Yes - 2 years extended warranty i.e 3rd and 4th year (I still to recieve warranty certificate from Ford but I have reciept from the dealer) for Rs.8300/- (for only one year extended warrany i.e for 3rd year they quoted a rate of Rs.4800 but for 2 years some more discount).

Thanks

Last edited by Dippy : 13th March 2010 at 16:37. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 7th October 2009, 17:31   #43
BHPian

@ nairrk - those mats are really nice. they seem big too. my mats are also ford ones, but they are small in size (4 pieces) and the side area is exposed a bit. Also, they are black in color. am looking for some good beige mats and with 5 pieces (5th to cover the tunnel at the foot of the middle rear passenger)
Old 7th October 2009, 19:49   #44
BHPian

Quote:

Any comments?

Thanks
Officially yes if you upgrade to different size than stock size, but depends on dealer, as Sunil's tyre were upgraded by dealer himself, and my dealer is o.k with upgradation of tyres, He told me warranty is not issue, if you are upgrading tyres without changing rim size.
Old 7th October 2009, 20:13   #45
BHPian

great looking car. how much do the side skirts cost? and will ford sell the rear spoiler separately? thanks in advance

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks