Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2010, 20:37   #511
Senior - BHPian

Yea, got your point. I never visited the service center till date as all my routine services are done through 'pick up and drop'. The only visit was to the body shop for changing left door long back. But someone told me service centers are flooded with Figos now
Old 18th November 2010, 08:27   #512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Rs1200 Weights of Titanium???
Ha, I wish they were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I had got my wheel balancing and alignment complimentary from the Michelin dealer itself, so no clue about the charges. But is it actually 1200 everywhere ?
The charges were Rs 1200/- labour cost for wheel alignment/balancing + service tax(labour) + weights cost + VAT (weights), so a total loss of around Rs 1400/-.

Last time I had got the WA/WB done, it costed me 800 bucks all inclusive. So in reality Ford charges around 40% more that market price. And then there was a talk that Ford maintenance cost has reduced, phew.
Old 18th November 2010, 10:34   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The charges were Rs 1200/- labour cost for wheel alignment/balancing + service tax(labour) + weights cost + VAT (weights), so a total loss of around Rs 1400/-.

Last time I had got the WA/WB done, it costed me 800 bucks all inclusive. So in reality Ford charges around 40% more that market price. And then there was a talk that Ford maintenance cost has reduced, phew.
Not trying to defend Ford but IMO, this is unfair. You can't really compare rates in a tyre selling shop with a.s.s - it is like comparing the 100/- charged by your friendly neighbourhood dentist against a visit to say an established brand like Apollo Dental Care;-}

A fair comparison would be how much other a.s.s like maruti/hyundai etc charges for the same activity. Any idea how much these a.s.s are charging?
Old 18th November 2010, 10:54   #514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Not trying to defend Ford but IMO, this is unfair. You can't really compare rates in a tyre selling shop with a.s.s - it is like comparing the 100/- charged by your friendly neighbourhood dentist against a visit to say an established brand like Apollo Dental Care;-}

A fair comparison would be how much other a.s.s like maruti/hyundai etc charges for the same activity. Any idea how much these a.s.s are charging?
Sanjay - agreed you cant compare street side service with Ford but if the the premium charged by Ford is way too high than market price there is something to grumble about since the job done would still remain the same.

Like getting your tooth pulled out - your neighbourhood dentist does it or Apollo does it still the tooth gets pulled out. Its the premium which Apollo charges sometimes forces you to go the dentist.

Even if the Ford charges are at par with other manufacturers still it is matter of concern since an overcharge is an overcharge. No wonder the FNG's are thriving a lot.
Old 18th November 2010, 11:57   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Sanjay - agreed you cant compare street side service with Ford but if the the premium charged by Ford is way too high than market price there is something to grumble about since the job done would still remain the same.
Not sure if I am understanding this! You say you had it done it earlier for some 800 bucks elsewhere...why this time you opted to do it at the a.s.s? Were you not aware of the applicable charges?

Quote:
Like getting your tooth pulled out - your neighbourhood dentist does it or Apollo does it still the tooth gets pulled out. Its the premium which Apollo charges sometimes forces you to go the dentist.
That's like saying sending one's kid to un-accredited school compared to an accredited school or a corporation vs a reputed govt/pvt school - they get some education anyways - right?

40% can hardly be considered a premium. I would agree in case of denting/painting job, which is way too high, but then we need to compare with other a.s.s and not roadside repair garages.

Quote:
Even if the Ford charges are at par with other manufacturers still it is matter of concern since an overcharge is an overcharge. No wonder the FNG's are thriving a lot.
Yep...just like one crib about grey mkt rates vs showroom rates?

Last edited by sanjayc : 18th November 2010 at 11:58.
Old 18th November 2010, 13:25   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Metro Ford charged me Rs. 420 for balancing and Rs. 300 for alignment during my last service. And I recently did alignment, balancing and tyre rotation at a local tyre shop here for Rs. 500. Did they tell you the rates before service?
Old 18th November 2010, 14:31   #517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can't really compare rates in a tyre selling shop with a.s.s - it is like comparing the 100/- charged by your friendly neighbourhood dentist against a visit to say an established brand like Apollo Dental Care.....
Very true, could not agree more. You pay a premium at Ford because they do it with love and care

Quote:
...Like getting your tooth pulled out - your neighbourhood dentist does it or Apollo does it still the tooth gets pulled out. Its the premium which Apollo charges sometimes forces you to go the dentist.
Need not be true all the time. Your neighborhood dentist might make you wait for long time, also get a feel of the tooth coming out in its raw form. Apollo will make you comfortable, giving you a soothing feel of the whole process, so you are ready to pay more for that 'feel-good' part. I think everything in life has something similar.

BUT, when it comes to wheel balancing, I would not pay a premium and get it done at Ford, for sure. Because, I know tire guys who are close to home and do a fantastic work for lesser price.

I did the following: 1) ICE, 2)Tire upgrade, 3)Alloys, 4)light upgrade, 5)art leather seats, 6) windshield sun film, 7)reverse sensor etc. none of them are from FORD.
Old 18th November 2010, 14:43   #518
BHPian

Agreed. My issue is not about the so-called premium charges - we have to understand there is something called "establishment cost", "overheads" etc - hence all charges will carry a premium if done at a.s.s. If one is comfortable doing outside, go for it, but a comparo cannot be done with regards to pricing between the two. I am not even saying the work carried out at Ford will be better than outside. That hold true for any mfgr/a.s.s and not Ford alone.
Old 18th November 2010, 15:03   #519
Senior - BHPian

True, none of these things discussed here are Ford exclusive topics anyway. Every brand has similar differences compared to third party service centers or next-door do-it-all guy

I have told this in many places, still repeating it: I can never ever forget a Rs.500 charged straight without any mercy for a jump start done on my previous Wagon R in front of their service center ! I dont think any other brand would charge for such a silly thing. My respect for Maruti Suzuki went off the shelf that very moment, and decided, I would never ever buy their vehicle !
Old 18th November 2010, 15:29   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I have told this in many places, still repeating it: I can never ever forget a Rs.500 charged straight without any mercy for a jump start done on my previous Wagon R in front of their service center ! I dont think any other brand would charge for such a silly thing. My respect for Maruti Suzuki went off the shelf that very moment, and decided, I would never ever buy their vehicle !
Too bad. But you also need to think from their perspective...are you going to price cost of jump starting based on distance from service center. Most of the rates are fixed...if they start changing those rates based on certain parameters like proximity, next time, as customers we will crib that guys living near the a.s.s are getting charged less

Having said that, they should have waived the entire 500/- in the name of customer satisfaction - but then, rich people like your kind self will crib that they are handing out doles Already you are enjoying your Fiesta Diesel (or is it Unni?) subsidised by us poor taxpayers...!!
Old 18th November 2010, 15:57   #521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... rich people like your kind.....you are enjoying your Fiesta Diesel (or is it Unni?) subsidised by us poor taxpayers...!!
Has India lowered the criteria for 'rich' class ? I didn't know middle class could be called rich. But, I dont think I will come in that class for 20 years, unless my home loan gets cleared 100%.

Now about the Diesel part: Unni owns one, mine is a Petrol. Although they do full tank for less money, dont they pay 1.5 lak+ more at the time of buying ? Yea, everyone gets poor by paying taxes to the good-for-nothing, highest corrupted leadership here.

I think we have done enough damage to this place, thereby inviting the mods to close another Fiesta thread. If Nairji is asking about my whereabouts, please dont reveal anything .

Last edited by shajufx : 18th November 2010 at 15:58.
Old 19th November 2010, 21:19   #522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
Yet to open and see the engine bay..
In anycase, same treatment was done during 2nd service and since then I have been regularly cleaning, wherever it is possible.
The question is not the cost of Rs.350/- but they have no authority to do any such works (just to earn money for the dealer ?) on their own and submit a bill later ..
Thanks to your post, I refused to pay Rs 300 for Engine care yesterday, when I went to pick up my car after windscreen change. Since I had not paid, they immediately adjusted the amount.

Looks like a nationwide ploy by all dealers to me.
Old 8th July 2011, 23:39   #523

Re: My new black Ford Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
Thanks all for all the help.

Today morning I took the car to Victoria FORD service center to get the damage assessed and the repair cost. I got the vehicle inspected in 15 minutes.

As per the them:
1. Both the rear bumper & the right tail lamp assembly needs to be replaced.
2. Boot misalignment can be fixed easliy.

I tried to argue with them about the replacement of the rear bumper. As per them, cracks have developed in some places. And as it is a plastic part, it will not be possible to repair it back to 100 % new.

See below their estimates. Does it sound reasonable? Please advice.

I also calculated that if I claim insurance, I will have to pay around 4200 Rs. (50 % of parts + 1000 std deduction).

Thanks for this information. I did the same today , backed into a pole . it was at a blind spot. Was not sure about the cost of fixing my car (its only 1 year old).
My bumper only shows a line where it got pressed and the left tail lamp cracked . I would see if I could get the bumper replaced as well .

Also managed to get a small dent just above the tail lamp :(

Photo of the damage attached.
Will let you know what it costs in Hyderabad to get this fixed.
Attached Thumbnails
My new black Ford Fiesta-dscn28811.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks