Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2009, 01:54   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajathv8 View Post
great looking car. how much do the side skirts cost? and will ford sell the rear spoiler separately? thanks in advance
When i checked with dealer he said it costs somewhere around 22 - 24K
You can also for for spoiler separately but that comes in black color from ford and its dealer who paints it! My dealer ordered it and expecting it by this weekend but you know how sales people give false commitments
Old 8th October 2009, 09:29   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
Officially yes if you upgrade to different size than stock size, but depends on dealer, as Sunil's tyre were upgraded by dealer himself, and my dealer is o.k with upgradation of tyres, He told me warranty is not issue, if you are upgrading tyres without changing rim size.
+

Okay thanks for your advise
Will check with my dealer and ask his opinion regarding the warranty issue.
Thanks
Old 8th October 2009, 11:12   #48
Senior - BHPian

Oil Companies recommend to use Petrol SPEED for performance and more mileage for a car. However my car dealer do not have this opinion and said any petrol is okay.

Can anyone give some guidence on this matter?

Thanks
Old 8th October 2009, 16:12   #49
Senior - BHPian

Fuel Consumption - Low fuel warning lamp
=
Ford Owners Manual says(fiesta 1.6 duratec) that: ''The low fuel warning light illuminates at approximately 80km before the tank is empty. Refuel as soon as possible''!.
2 days back when I was driving my car, first the DTE shown as '0' but no warning light. After the car running couple of kms further, the Low fuel warning light illuminated'' - Is this possible one can still drive another 75/78 kms before the tank will be empty. 80kms after the DTE showig '0' means almost 7/7.5 litre petrol there in the tank. How far this can be taken into confident and drive further. (in my case I have spotted a petrol bunker, within 4 kms after the warning light started illuminating, and filled sufficient oil).

Any one tried -driven close to 80kms after the warning light illuminated?
Thanks
Old 8th October 2009, 17:22   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
=
Ford Owners Manual says(fiesta 1.6 duratec) that: ''The low fuel warning light illuminates at approximately 80km before the tank is empty. Refuel as soon as possible''!.
2 days back when I was driving my car, first the DTE shown as '0' but no warning light. After the car running couple of kms further, the Low fuel warning light illuminated'' - Is this possible one can still drive another 75/78 kms before the tank will be empty. 80kms after the DTE showig '0' means almost 7/7.5 litre petrol there in the tank. How far this can be taken into confident and drive further. (in my case I have spotted a petrol bunker, within 4 kms after the warning light started illuminating, and filled sufficient oil).

Thanks
@nairkk: The day i got delivery, was able to drive Blue Streak for around 20 kms with the DTE showing 0. This was in bumper to bumper traffic, 2nd gear, mint fresh car and scared me at the wheel.
Old 8th October 2009, 17:58   #51
BHPian

@nairkk - I have not let the DTE go to zero but when it reaches 80 the warning light comes on. I have driven till DTE the reaches 17. I have noticed the Fuel Indicator would be at the just under the 1/4 mark when the Warning lamp comes on.
Old 9th October 2009, 09:58   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by premjit View Post
@nairkk: The day i got delivery, was able to drive Blue Streak for around 20 kms with the DTE showing 0. This was in bumper to bumper traffic, 2nd gear, mint fresh car and scared me at the wheel.
+

Noted, but the point is that How far we can believe that after the low fuel warning light comes first, 80kms distance can be covered prior fueling the car. 80kms is quite a big distance to travel when the machine giving a warning? If this is going to be correct/proved, then another advantage in this car - no need to worry for emergency fueling even if low warning light comes on?
Thanks
Old 9th October 2009, 10:38   #53
BHPian

Quote:
=

Thanks
Well in my car when the light illuminates the DTE shows '80' and I have driven about 70-75kms after that,was on the highway with no petrol pump in sight .
Old 9th October 2009, 11:31   #54
Senior - BHPian

So what they have written in the Manual seems correct i.e after the warning light
illuminates, you managed to drive close to 70-75 kms which means within the allowance of 80kms. But in your case the DTE reading also showing correct numbers. However DTE in my car first shown '0' and there comes the warning light. However I got a pertrol pump just in 4 kms drive and then continued my journey.
Thanks.
Old 9th October 2009, 13:29   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
+

Yes - 2 years extended warranty i.e 3rd and 4th year (I still to recieve warranty certificate from Ford but I have reciept from the dealer) for Rs.8300/- (for only one year extended warrany i.e for 3rd year they quoted a rate of Rs.4800 but for 2 years some more discount).

Thanks
I can now confirm, 2 years extended warranty at Rs.8300/-
I just recieved letter from FORD confirming the quote - 48 months or 150,000 kms at Rs.8300/-
Thanks
Old 9th October 2009, 16:33   #56
Senior - BHPian

Regarding seat cover for my car:

Visited couple of shops nearby but none has got original leather or any other arrangement like the one you, friends, explained especially like the stanely products. Have asked the shop fellows if it is available in Kannur (plenty of car accessory shops are there) but the guy said that even kannur shops dont have the genuine one but all have the pu or pvc leather look like material.

Nearest availability of such genuine items are at Mangalore which is good 105kms from my place.

The guy shown me a model (lying there in his shop stitched for some other car which is PU material but some cotton (banian type) stuff is along there underneath the material (I think it is manufactured in that fashion) which, according to the shop guy, will avoid getting heat like other pvc sheets. Infact he has shown me his friends car which was parked opposite of the shop,which is 2 year old and no tear and wear or sign of pealing the surface. It costs Rs.3500 for 3 pieces (front two seats and rear seat) and there are many (around 40) color combinations to select.

But this is only a seat cover (to be fitted on top of the existing stock seat cover) and since the material is very thin looks nice (what I have seen in other car - never looks like there is another seat cover underneath).
further it can be washable.

I dont know whether it is advisable to put this one for the time being until some good stuff available (may be some one will open a shop with genuine leather items in the near future?)

Any comments?

Thanks
Old 9th October 2009, 20:12   #57
BHPian

Seat cover is basically one time job so IMO if you say that I will use for short period of time then that doesn't happen because usually seat covers last long as its not a bus that evertime some one will be seating on it.

Its human tendency that after a period of time you also feel that let it be unless you are die hearted Stanley fan.

I also checked about stanley and what I understand is that you will get pure leather above 28K and if anyone offers you below that then its combination of PU & leather!
Old 9th October 2009, 22:16   #58
BHPian

Nair,

What you have seen i think is a ordinary seat cover..i suggest why dont you make a trip to Mangalore some weekend and get the seats covers done and all the more convenient if you get to talk to the maker , get the covers ready well in advance and then make a trip to just get it fixed, which takes about an hour to fit.

Think over...

bye
nandans/-
Old 10th October 2009, 09:42   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
Seat cover is basically one time job so IMO if you say that I will use for short period of time then that doesn't happen because usually seat covers last long as its not a bus that evertime some one will be seating on it.

Its human tendency that after a period of time you also feel that let it be unless you are die hearted Stanley fan.

I also checked about stanley and what I understand is that you will get pure leather above 28K and if anyone offers you below that then its combination of PU & leather!
+
Yes, I do agree
Anyway I am not in a hurry.
What my worry is that the seat cover should not take away the Car's beauty or attraction, so I will be checking with couple of other shops and then will decide.
I am not a die hard fan of Stanley or any other shop and am not too compelled to put only genuine leather (am not going to sit in the car 24 hours), but definitely prefer a decent outfit which will also give advantage to the car's look.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Nair,

What you have seen i think is a ordinary seat cover..i suggest why dont you make a trip to Mangalore some weekend and get the seats covers done and all the more convenient if you get to talk to the maker , get the covers ready well in advance and then make a trip to just get it fixed, which takes about an hour to fit.

Think over...

bye
nandans/-
++
Thanks your suggestions.
I may have to go twice to mangalore i.e first to see the varieties and place the order with the shopee and then again for fixing the seat covers.
Let me plan, what I can finalise in next one week time.
Thanks

Last edited by Dippy : 13th March 2010 at 16:31. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 12th October 2009, 10:41   #60
Senior - BHPian

Hai.

Last week I have ordered following items with ebay:

1) Portable car air compressor - for flat tyres
2) Car Duster
3) Nylon cd/dvd case (20 cd's) - can be fitted on the sun visor

Will send you the photographs of these products once I got it from the suppliers.
(some one may be interested to see?)

Thanks

Most Viewed