Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2009, 22:17   #76
BHPian

[quote=nairrk;1534752]Hai.

HAPPY DIWALI TO ALL OF YOU-TBHPIANS !

Happy Diwali to you too... and all Team of Bhpians!!!

DRIVE SAFE AND BE SAFE.
Attached Thumbnails
My new black Ford Fiesta-dsc03864.jpg  

Old 17th October 2009, 09:48   #77
Senior - BHPian

Thanks and nice photograph too
Cheers

To my last quiery to ford dealer asking price of FORD alloys and seat cover for fiesta, dealer quoted a price of Rs.16,500 for alloys and
Rs.10,500 for beige color seat covers. No photographs on the seatcover but alloys photgraphs given as under.

How is this looks ?
Is the same one they provide with Fiesta 1.6 SXi / S ?
How is the rate comparison?

Thanks
+
Attached Thumbnails
My new black Ford Fiesta-alloy.jpg  

Last edited by Dippy : 13th March 2010 at 16:28. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 17th October 2009, 12:36   #78
BHPian

SXI comes with different alloy design and I uploaded the design in SriSri's thread I believe. If you got quote for 5 wheels then its a best deal.

I remember when I asked dealer for alloy that comes with 1.6 S, he quoted price of somewhere around 21 - 22K. Its different thing that 1.6 S alloy is 15" but I was fida on its design but then came to know that its not good idea to upgrade the size as it may void warranty & there could be issue during installation.
I had not done much research so that's why not gone in much details.

About seat covers - He charging you higher end IMO. From outside you should get it for some where around 7K (Here I am considering Art leather as Ford does not provide pure leather seat covers)

Last edited by kumar7 : 17th October 2009 at 12:37.
Old 17th October 2009, 12:40   #79
Senior - BHPian

Hi nair. The design you posted is NOT worth 16.5 k and is not that attractive. I suggest you go to alloy shops and ask them if any owners have exchanged their SXi alloys for something better. You can buy those for cheap too and no compromise on warranty (if any) since the service people will think you bought them as a dealer accessory.
Old 17th October 2009, 13:00   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
SXI comes with different alloy design and I uploaded the design in SriSri's thread I believe. If you got quote for 5 wheels then its a best deal.

I remember when I asked dealer for alloy that comes with 1.6 S, he quoted price of somewhere around 21 - 22K. Its different thing that 1.6 S alloy is 15" but I was fida on its design but then came to know that its not good idea to upgrade the size as it may void warranty & there could be issue during installation.
I had not done much research so that's why not gone in much details.

About seat covers - He charging you higher end IMO. From outside you should get it for some where around 7K (Here I am considering Art leather as Ford does not provide pure leather seat covers)
+
Thanks your comments.

Re Seat cover - I have asked some clarification from the dealer as he did not mentioned what leather it is made of. (in their website the seatcover photo was shown and named as 'leather vinyl'.

Today/tomorrow being holiday, I hope the guy will reply on monday.
Let me see what he comes with.

Meantime, did you fixed the ''body side mouldings'' in your car doors,if yes how much you paid for that?
Thanks
Old 17th October 2009, 13:14   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
Meantime, did you fixed the ''body side mouldings'' in your car doors,if yes how much you paid for that?
Thanks
Yeah, I spent Rs 5/- to purchase feviquick

On its application the chrome again restored back in one piece and the 3M people applied some solution on the body so now all is well (It was done free of charge by accessories shop as I purchased sun film and all from him).

It looks like the mirror with small line mark and not noticeable unless I tell you that there was a scratch at this place.
Old 17th October 2009, 13:35   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Hi nair. The design you posted is NOT worth 16.5 k and is not that attractive. I suggest you go to alloy shops and ask them if any owners have exchanged their SXi alloys for something better. You can buy those for cheap too and no compromise on warranty (if any) since the service people will think you bought them as a dealer accessory.
+
Thanks noted.
Let me try that.
Ford Alloys - The price of 16.5k is quoted by the dealer and I still to negotiate, if anything possible to reduce the price. Further I have asked him if they have any other model (lilke on in 'S' ) available.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
Yeah, I spent Rs 5/- to purchase feviquick

On its application the chrome again restored back in one piece and the 3M people applied some solution on the body so now all is well (It was done free of charge by accessories shop as I purchased sun film and all from him).

It looks like the mirror with small line mark and not noticeable unless I tell you that there was a scratch at this place.
+

Thanks, Ford accessory people quotes Rs.2405/- for Body side moulding.
think it is bit high?

Last edited by Dippy : 13th March 2010 at 16:30. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 17th October 2009, 14:22   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+

Thanks, Ford accessory people quotes Rs.2405/- for Body side moulding.
think it is bit high?
Go for chrome side strip as it looks amazing and goes very well!
When I was at accessory shop last week the owner of that shop asked me from where I got side strips because as per him its of very good quality. When I said its Ford genuine accessory then he totally agreed by looking at its quality.

In one of the thread someone already uploaded Ford accessory price list so have a look to compare it with what your dealer is quoting. I used that excel and my dealer was totally surprised when he came to know that I have a price list with me as I gone for freebies which are costlier & the dealer had hard time while negotiating

Below is the price of side strips as per that excel -

BODY SIDE MOULDING KIT WITH CHROME LINING 5,000
BODY SIDE MOULDING KIT PRIMED 2,500
BODY SIDE MOULDING KIT UNPRIMED 1,100

Last edited by kumar7 : 17th October 2009 at 14:25.
Old 17th October 2009, 14:44   #84
Senior - BHPian

Thanks information,
May be my Dealer quoted the rate for the PRIMED (his quote Rs.2405)

Further I checked FORD website, accessories section, but no mention about Body side moulding kits. Does this mean that Ford do not manufacture this accessory?
(and guys giving some other companies products as Ford's kit)

More confusion !
Old 17th October 2009, 14:48   #85
BHPian

Mostly in auto industry such accessories are manufactured by ancillaries & later the big brand companies endorse there badge on it.
As this product is listed in accessory list so you should not be worried about who is manufacturing it unless its coming under Ford badge.
Old 19th October 2009, 16:19   #86
Senior - BHPian

I have asked my dealer to try get a alloy like the one in 'S' variant.
(what he was saying that those alloys are not available for sale and only coming with those models- directly from the company).
He is trying, but not sure. I have checked with some dealers based in chennai but they too dont have the new one (just for reference only to know whether the new model is available in the market -and to see how far my guy is correct).
Thanks
Old 19th October 2009, 16:33   #87
Senior - BHPian

You could have the sport Alloys. Just ask for the replacement no. of alloys. And ask him to order.
Old 19th October 2009, 21:16   #88
BHPian

I agree it comes with S type but you can order it separately as my dealer was ok to provide that but I think please consult experts (quick name I can think of is Nikhilb2008) on BHP before going for it.
Old 20th October 2009, 10:04   #89
Senior - BHPian

I have already asked (email) my dealer to order the S model alloys from ford and now waiting for his final reply. I have got some more time to settle on these issues-alloys,seat cover, body side moulding,sun film etc. I am planning for a long trip some time end of this month or early November (planning to drive from Kannur to Trivandrum, Kanyakumari, Madurai and back - may be 6/7 days programme),so I am giving sufficient time to the dealer to see if he can do the job competitively.
Thanks

@frakmehta
@kumar7

I just had a lengthy discussion with the dealer, and his final rate's are:
(all accessories are from FORD- as he claim)

1. Alloys 4 numbers - Rs.16,500 (The same one as fitted in the new SXI variant)
The 'S' variant alloys are 15" and not recommended for normal fiesta's which is 14". I think SXi alloys also seems good looking.

2. Vinyl Leather seat cover (beige colour) Rs.10,500/-

3. Body side moulding, body coloured and chrome lined Rs.5055/- (He says originally it comes as primer colour and thereafter they have to paint it in body colour hence this rate?)

4. Door Scuff - Rs. 1252 for 4 pieces (marked as fiesta)

5. GPS -Rs.20000/- ( I have asked for the make and model number- Still this rate seems very high. Again he says that this is also approved and recommended by the Ford hence he cannot do anything on the rate? identical to the one in Endeavor new model which comes with stock gps)

He is now waiting for my confirmation (I feel gps can be bought from outside - we will have better selection.!)

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Last edited by Dippy : 13th March 2010 at 16:21. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 20th October 2009, 14:55   #90
Senior - BHPian

Herewith a Nylone CD case (20 Nos) which can be fixed in the sun visor.
It is manufactured in China
The company dealing with this product are CASE LOGIC (web:Case Logic : CD Cases, DVD Cases, Laptop Cases, Camera Cases, MP3 Cases - Case Logic)
Price: Rs.400/- plus packing/shipping.

Glove box can be kept free of CD/MP3's with the use of this cd case.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
My new black Ford Fiesta-cdvisor-001-small.jpg  

My new black Ford Fiesta-cdvisor-002-small.jpg  

My new black Ford Fiesta-cdvisor-003-small.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks