Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2009, 11:11   #1
Senior - BHPian

My new black Ford Fiesta

Hai.. all,,

Originally I was having a Zen estillo vxi black color and this car was with me for last 2 years. Some how I was not comfortable with this car (previously I was driving a Hyndai Accent, that too black color, and she was with me for more than 3.5 years) hence started looking for a sedan
and my search started from August 2009. I have read lot of threads posted by T-Bhpians and also various Car manufacturers website.
Initially I was thinking of going for Maruti Dzire or Tata Indigo but after reading threads from T-Bhpians I have dropped the idea and then concentrated on Chevy Aveo, Fiesta, Hyundai Verna and SX4.

I didnt like the looks of SX4. the opinion about hyundai Verna petrol version was not promising (my running is very limited hence I only wanted a pertrol car) which made me to short list two cars i.e fiesta and Aveo.

I, alongwith my wife and a relative, went to the showroom of Ford fiesta
(PVS Automotive in Kannur) and Cheverolet and seen both the cars(fiesta
1.6 diesal -as they didnt have a petrol car in the showroom) and aveo
1.4LS. Aveo's look and the dashboard height is somewhat didnt attract me. My wife liked the Fiesta at first sight and I liked the features of the
car and prepared to go in for fiesta 1.6 Zxi. There was nothing to discuss regarding the price with the dealer as they are only giving offer on the insurance (free insurance). The Guy promised that he can give delivery of
the new car within 10days of booking date.

The only problem was -to exchange my zen estillo which ford dealer is not willing to take but tried with maruti true value people who has quoted a very low price. We came back home( its about 40km from my home to the show room) and tried to sell the car locally and it worked out and the next day it was sold.

Then all worked fast... the next day morning i.e on 15th Sept 2009, we made the booking and on 25th sept the vehicle was taken for registration and I took delivery on 26th morning. A new Black Fiesta 1.6 zxi, the speedometer showed 112km (as the car was driven out from the calicut showroom to kannur). Upon delivery I drove the car from ford show room to my home and then fix the registration number etc, a total of 53 km.

It was a fantastic moment, eventhough I drove only 53 kms, I could feel that all the report given by the T-Bhpians were exactly correct, about the car's smooth running. This is my 10th car in last 17 years (2 M800, 1 Zen, 3 M.Esteem's,1 Hyundai Accet, 1 Alto, 1 Zen Estillo and finally the latest one -Fiesta) and I admit that this one is really the Driver's Car.

I wanted to drive more hence planning to visit Guruvayur (Payyanur - guruvayur - about 265/270 km one way?) on coming sunday and thereafter will give you some more exprerience about this car.

Thanks.
Old 2nd October 2009, 13:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, buying a Ford is considered a VFM thanks to the decent pricing they have now. The 1.6 Petrol is a nice engine but personally I would have opted for the 1.6S

Did you say 1.6 Diesel in that showroom? Typo right?
Old 2nd October 2009, 16:15   #3
Senior - BHPian

Sorry, it was a 1.4 zxi (TDCi)- white color
I will post few photo's of my car soon
Thanks
Old 2nd October 2009, 16:25   #4
BHPian

Congrats Nairrk! I would say that you have taken one of the best decisions of your life by choosing a Fiesta as I have also taken the same decision and am awaiting delivery. So, thats one more to the Fiesta 1.6 club. keep us updated on your experiences.
Old 2nd October 2009, 16:50   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats bro. Welcome to the Fiesta club :-) it gets better and better everyday. I've done 2 k km in my car in forty days and she just drives like a dream! Cheers. Do read the running in rules and also keep an eye on other Fiesta petrol owners' threads for any queries. ENJOY!
Old 2nd October 2009, 17:16   #6
oss
BHPian

Congrat mate and welcome to the Fiesta Club

You will enjoy the long drive, and this baby is a scorcher on the highway and smooth to run. Do post the pics soon.
Old 2nd October 2009, 17:31   #7
Senior - BHPian

I have some photgraphs ready but not very clear (poor background lights as bad weather/raining here for the last 3/4 days).
Will try again to take fresh photo's and post it here
Thanks
Old 2nd October 2009, 17:36   #8
BHPian

Congratulation and welcome to JOSH club!
In Aug - Sept lot of new of members joined to this club (including me)
Old 2nd October 2009, 19:21   #9
BHPian

Congrats on your buy and welcome to the ford fiesta club. I can assure you, you wont regret buying this car ever and it now comes with tons of chrome which in my opinion makes it look even more stunning than it already was.

Last edited by frown : 2nd October 2009 at 19:21. Reason: typo
Old 2nd October 2009, 22:33   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post

This is my 10th car in last 17 years (2 M800, 1 Zen, 3 M.Esteem's,1 Hyundai Accet, 1 Alto, 1 Zen Estillo and finally the latest one -Fiesta) and I admit that this one is really the Driver's Car.
Wow, you must be a very rich guy to have had the privelege of owning so many cars!.

Anyways, good choice, mate, and welcome to the Fida club.
Old 2nd October 2009, 22:51   #11
BHPian

Nairrk congrats for choosing best Driver's Car and Welcome to Fiesta Club.

Wish you many many happy miles !
Old 2nd October 2009, 22:59   #12
Senior - BHPian

Great Going.

I know for sure, you had made a lots of analysis. Anyway Fiesta is also my choice for a good VFM car available in India now. All the best on your new car. Fiesta is in pipeline for me too after 2 years though. Of course even Figo is inline for me.

Anwyay congrats on your new car. We will let you Go Fida with your new mate.
Old 2nd October 2009, 23:37   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Sorry, it was a 1.4 zxi (TDCi)- white color
I will post few photo's of my car soon
Thanks
@nairrk: Xlent choice. The Fiesta is truly and awesome drivers vehicle. A well known automobile mag in India called it the "poor mans BMW" and thats a compliment like no other. Wish u lots of s"miles" with the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Congrats, buying a Ford is considered a VFM thanks to the decent pricing they have now. The 1.6 Petrol is a nice engine but personally I would have opted for the 1.6S

@jkdas: yeah. The S anyday.

Did you say 1.6 Diesel in that showroom? Typo right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheCrack View Post
Congrats Nairrk! I would say that you have taken one of the best decisions of your life by choosing a Fiesta as I have also taken the same decision and am awaiting delivery. So, thats one more to the Fiesta 1.6 club. keep us updated on your experiences.
@Jack: Awesome choice. Congo.
Old 2nd October 2009, 23:59   #14
Team-BHP Support

Congrats @nairrk, but where are the pics of the beauty? Mods will close this thread if you do not post the pics the soon
Old 3rd October 2009, 10:55   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Wow, you must be a very rich guy to have had the privelege of owning so many cars!.

Anyways, good choice, mate, and welcome to the Fida club.

NO NO, I am not rich
But it happened
of the 10, 4 were second buys which I kept only for short period.
Normally I keep a car for 2 years (except the Hyu Accent which I was
driving for about 3.5 years). I love new car's and whenever I get some source to find finance,go for new one.
thats it.

Most Viewed