Team-BHP - Xingy gets a Zen Estilo second hand thro Maruti True Value
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Xingy gets a Zen Estilo second hand thro Maruti True Value (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/66626-xingy-gets-zen-estilo-second-hand-thro-maruti-true-value.html)

Hi comrades,

Back again, to give out my intial ownership report. I bought my Estilo a month back, of course its a second hand one and bought it from Maruti True Value.

Here are few Specs about the car.
Previos ownership - Single owner
Model - Zen Estilo Vxi (I bought along with Pioneer audio system, keyless entry).
Kms run - 30250
Previous purchase date - May 2007
Insurance validity - May 2010
Total amount - Rs. 285000 (this includes the one year warranty provided by True Value and reregistration which they have taken care of)

Why I chose this car:
Having already shelling some money for my home loan, I was left with only two options either buy a brand new Alto or go for a better loaded hatch back one second hand. I took the path not tredded by many.

Performance of the car:
I have driven around 300 kms post my purchase, the car seems to be smooth(thouch wood) especially compared to M800 I was driving before. Only once did I find some difficulty in putting reverse gear, that was when I was getting used to the car. It has been good later on.

Dealer Satisfaction: in this case True Value
I bought the car from the True value outlet in OMR, Chennai run by CARS India. I must say I am very satisfied with the service. I have been getting constant calls from them and Maruti themselves. That is one thing I have loved about Maruti the A.S.S part.
I took second hand car loan from HDFC Bank. No specific reason, just that CARS India thought they were good. And they were right within a week the loan was processed and she was all mine.

Why chose this car:
I am posting this as many of my peers asked why did I chose this car.
I wanted my family and myself to enjoy few high-end features like power window keyless entry and powered ORVM etc. And of course it was a show off point for me and my family to own something hgher than Alto.
I did see lots of VFM in this car, I had never been a fan to Estilo till date to be frank. But when I saw this car for first time, I felt it represented me, good in character but still an underdog. I took my collegue to inspect the car, he also gave a thumbs up for the car. Then after payment she was mine.

Congrats on your car xingamazon.
Do post some pics.

Hye Xingy, congrats on getting an estilo. What color is it? and how is the performance? did you try to check the prices of WagonR or Swift with maruthi true value?

Estilo is a nice car. Lot of people dislike it. But it's a very comfortable car for the city.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MutantX (Post 1511640)
Hye Xingy, congrats on getting an estilo. What color is it? and how is the performance? did you try to check the prices of WagonR or Swift with maruthi true value?

I did check there was Wagon R available but I did not quite feel like it was of that good condition. Estilo was looking brand new. and Swift as I mentioend was beyond my budget even at true value :)

WagonR and Estilo are priced almost the same at True value, considering same km run and dates.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Live To Jive (Post 1511649)
Estilo is a nice car. Lot of people dislike it. But it's a very comfortable car for the city.

agree: The ZEN tag, ensured the car's failure. Enjoy your ride , post pictures and reviews on the car.

What are the prices for Swift at True Value

Quote:

Originally Posted by haithereitsme (Post 1512024)
agree: Enjoy your ride , post pictures and reviews on the car.

My digicam is currently having some problems will post pics once its OK.
Regarding price of Swifts, you can check the same in the true value site itself its kind of user friendly. But one observation is its alteast 10 K more than second hand market, but I felt it was worth the effort.

Quote:

Originally Posted by haithereitsme (Post 1512024)
agree: The ZEN tag, ensured the car's failure. Enjoy your ride , post pictures and reviews on the car.

This is what is being said time and again. Both cars had their plusses and minusses. Nothing wrong with using the Zen Tag but the best place to put the Zen tag would be the A-Star.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Live To Jive (Post 1513082)
This is what is being said time and again. Both cars had their plusses and minusses. Nothing wrong with using the Zen Tag but the best place to put the Zen tag would be the A-Star.

:OT From A-star to Z-star then? What do you think?lol:

Hi,

I also recently bought a True Value Zen Estilo May 2008 LXI (the old Estilo, not the all new one), clocked 11460 Km, single owner, demo car from Competent Gurgaon for 2,55,000. Have posted a review of the dealership today.

I have driven close to 6K km now. Overall, the car is good but I have grave concerns about the A pillar's placement. I drive primarily in hilly terrain in Himachal and the A pillar's slope and placement is pathetic from a right curve point of view. On a right curve, it leaves a very large blind spot. I almost had an crash a few days ago when I missed a van on the other side of the road. Only because I was very slow and had time to veer off did I save myself. Now, I make it a point to lean a little forward and left to see from next to the A pillar at each right curve. Not very convenient, I must say. And I am not the only one. My dad and my brother, both of whom have driven other cars gave me the same feedback after driving my car.

I am actually surprised at such a basic design flaw. Not sure if anything can be done to correct this.

Regards,
Shalabh

@xingamazon

I think you got the car for a good price.
My previous Zen EStillo VXi (midnigh black), bought on 2007 August (Insurance only
upto 2009 August -sold the car on 10th August 2009 which means he has to go for new insurance immy). Autocop,keyless entry, Bluepank stereo system, art leather covers. I sold the car at Rs.2.8L to a private party.
Your rate of similar product at Rs.2.85 with Insurance upto 2010 and 1 year free service frm maruti is quite realistic.

Enjoy - Drive safely

Cheers !

Quote:

Originally Posted by shalabh.w (Post 1613630)
Hi,

Overall, the car is good but I have grave concerns about the A pillar's placement.I am actually surprised at such a basic design flaw. Not sure if anything can be done to correct this.

There nothing that can be done to correct this, other than to scrap the design altogether. The A pillar is a part of the chassis and hence cannot be modified.